Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › New Start.
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 150 Guests

New Start.

This thread currently has 4,432 views. Print
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
friskneymariner
April 28, 2021, 10:21am

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,159
Gold Stars: 38
Perhaps the first  thing the new regime could do when it is installed is to treat the fans as an integral part of this club.

Instead of treating it like their own personal fiefdom,they could engage in an open and transparent dialogue with the fans.They could start by have an open and honest assessment of things that have gone on within the club during the previous regime,or am I hoping for too much?

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
grimps
April 28, 2021, 10:26am
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +5,153
Gold Stars: 46
Hopefully we have some kind of pre season this year , maybe try signing a few players before September too .
We will have parachute payments , one of the biggest gate receipts and good support .
Last time we went down we offloaded lots of players taking a wage at the club that didn’t want to be here .
I’m hoping we get a top 3 budget and go for it early as we might not get a chance like this again.
Honestly if we’re not in and around the top after ten games I’d be asking lots of questions as continuing to accept rubbish has been our downfall for the last decade or so
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 27
Poojah
April 28, 2021, 10:31am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,780
Gold Stars: 1,515
If you do your research, I think it’s pretty clear that’s exactly what we’re going to get. That doesn’t necessarily mean bouncing back at the first time of asking - we should be under no illusions how difficult this will be.

But a frank assessment of the catalogue of mistakes that have been made over the last two decades, a practical plan to correct and recover from them and, yes, an honest, transparent and ongoing dialogue with the fans will emerge very quickly in my opinion.

Healing from the John Fenty era will take time - we are battered and bruised and devoid of confidence and self respect, but we will soon see the green shoots of recovery as we begin this new era and begin to restore the values this once great club used to stand for. I have no doubt.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 27
April 28, 2021, 10:32am
Guest User
Apologies if I upset anyone last night, my disappointment became a bit of a rant.
Let's put all this season, everything from the last 20 yrs,  behind us, let's have a new dawn. Let's fill Blundell Park. Commit to buy a season ticket if you can.
Let's bounce out of the National League.
DB peace in our time.
Yoda I'll buy you a pint in the club bar. Anyone else as well.
Do not ask what your club can do for you, but ask what can you do for your club..
We all support Grimsby, we are all Grimsby Town. UTM.
Reply: 3 - 27
TwoLeftFeet
April 28, 2021, 10:39am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +2,102
Gold Stars: 19
Quoted from 140067
Apologies if I upset anyone last night, my disappointment became a bit of a rant.
Let's put all this season, everything from the last 20 yrs,  behind us, let's have a new dawn. Let's fill Blundell Park. Commit to buy a season ticket if you can.
DB peace in our time.
Do not ask what your club can do for you, but ask what can you do for your club..

Good post fella, always said if we went down again that would be it for me with season tickets etc..

However with the clouds lifting and no JF or his cronies time to get the club back up again. Season tickets will be purchased again..

All Town aren't we! UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 27
Hagrid
April 28, 2021, 10:46am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,496
Gold Stars: 537
Quoted from 140067
DB peace in our time.

17 guinesses please

and one of towns caterings best pies
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 27
malkamalka
April 28, 2021, 11:21am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +150
Gold Stars: 17
Quoted from 140067

We all support Grimsby, we are all Grimsby Town. UTM

Spot on.

If we want the new owners to engage with fans, then we have to stop critisizing them every minute of every day.

"Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens." (Jimi Hendrix)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 27
DB
April 28, 2021, 11:29am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.40
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,054
Gold Stars: 391
Quoted from 140067
DB peace in our time.

Last night was the end of a trauma for most of us, an outpouring of grief, emotion, and the snapping of the last crushed straw as the fat lady bellowed in our ears. Tension, stress, and anxiety poured out of our hearts and we had to rid ourselves of the pent up emotion within.

Peace to you Don and let all fans join together on May 5th to start the beginning of a new era in the clubs' fortunes. Fenty was at fault, full stop. So let's not forget what he's done but cast him out of our minds forever, you cannot progress forward with bitter thoughts in your mind.

A pint of Guinness for me please Don.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 27
LondonMariner43
April 28, 2021, 11:34am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +19 / -4
Approval: +3,979
Gold Stars: 64
Quoted from friskneymariner
Perhaps the first  thing the new regime could do when it is installed is to treat the fans as an integral part of this club.

Instead of treating it like their own personal fiefdom,they could engage in an open and transparent dialogue with the fans.They could start by have an open and honest assessment of things that have gone on within the club during the previous regime,or am I hoping for too much?

They have already said they want to do a survey of the fans as soon as possible.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 27
lew chaterleys lover
April 28, 2021, 11:38am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,761
Gold Stars: 237
To be honest I have never wanted to be an "integral" part of the club - I just want to be a normal fan who is proud of the club and have competent people to run it. And be successful on the pitch.

I hope far more attention is paid to getting the right backroom set up, better facilities for both players and supporters, and most of all better footballers on the pitch.
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 27
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › New Start.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.