April 29, 2021, 12:31am

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.77
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +881
Gold Stars: 122
https://twitter.com/mattdeanbbc/status/1387410582480035841?s=19

Ouch! The truth hurts.

I wonder if John Macca fancies a backroom position. I bet he would make a good coach
Logged Offline
Private Message
KingstonMariner
April 29, 2021, 12:39am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.04
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
I love the fact he’s angry. When you work somewhere for a long time and care about what you do, you hate it when someone fucksit up. Fucksup years of hard work that you and your teammates have striven to achieve.

People like Fenty will never get it.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 40
Iknowyoursecret
April 29, 2021, 2:02am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +0 / -3
Approval: -34
Gold Stars: 2
Great interview Macca,a true legend.Speaking about HIM,you can see the hurt it’s causing to the ex players so what the hell is it doing to our current players.Since hurst came in the players  had some fight in them.But it was just not enough.But in the end the last six years were for nothing.Shame on you both boards and shame on you HIM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 40
lukeo
April 29, 2021, 4:55am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,405
Gold Stars: 149
If you read maccas book you'll know how much this person he's talking about screwed him over as a player when offering him a contract.
Well said Macca.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 40
aldi_01
April 29, 2021, 5:46am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
It’s no secret that Macca despises Fenty, and rightly so. That’s what has always baffle me. Club hero, not a fan that doesn’t think so yet they weren’t up in arms about his treatment from Fenty. Bizarre.

I hope more this starts happening and ex players and the like start telling a few more stories and the like. Will the few remaining supporters of Fenty still bury their heads?

I appreciate that on occasion Fenty followers simply claim they’re offering up a pragmatic view, providing some balance but in reality that’s a waste of time. It’s worthless because there are no positives. Fenty even copulated the promotion up.

It’s been one giant mitigating disaster and the whole May debacle proved exactly what he is...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 40
dapperz fun pub
April 29, 2021, 6:38am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +10,049
Gold Stars: 84
Quoted from aldi_01
It’s no secret that Macca despises Fenty, and rightly so. That’s what has always baffle me. Club hero, not a fan that doesn’t think so yet they weren’t up in arms about his treatment from Fenty. Bizarre.

I hope more this starts happening and ex players and the like start telling a few more stories and the like. Will the few remaining supporters of Fenty still bury their heads?

I appreciate that on occasion Fenty followers simply claim they’re offering up a pragmatic view, providing some balance but in reality that’s a waste of time. It’s worthless because there are no positives. Fenty even copulated the promotion up.

It’s been one giant mitigating disaster and the whole May debacle proved exactly what he is...

Fenty followers ..... I’d say up to very recently that was a high percentage of the fishy and even now plenty of red x supporting him beggars belief after nearly 2 decades of shite and it hasn’t cost him a penny
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 40
aldi_01
April 29, 2021, 8:25am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from dapperz fun pub

Fenty followers ..... I’d say up to very recently that was a high percentage of the fishy and even now plenty of red x supporting him beggars belief after nearly 2 decades of shite and it hasn’t cost him a penny

Agreed...some of the folk that sit around me at BP literally couldn’t see he’d  done anything wrong, ever.

I’m still yet to find a Fenty follower that can provide a substantial answer as to why he isn’t that bad and why he’s not regarded an absolute disaster by them. Simpym trotting out the ‘it could be worse, we could be bury’ excuse is just futile and irrelevant...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 40
Theimperialcoroner
April 29, 2021, 8:51am

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -4
Approval: +5,276
Gold Stars: 102
Up to a couple of years ago I wasn’t that opinionated either way about JSF, could see good and bad. However after certain indirect dealings I’ve had and other stuff that has come out, I now know quite how poisonous he is. The more you look the more you see too. The weight that will be lifted from the club when he goes will be immense.

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 40
dapperz fun pub
April 29, 2021, 9:34am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +10,049
Gold Stars: 84
Quoted from aldi_01

Agreed...some of the folk that sit around me at BP literally couldn’t see he’d  done anything wrong, ever.

I’m still yet to find a Fenty follower that can provide a substantial answer as to why he isn’t that bad and why he’s not regarded an absolute disaster by them. Simpym trotting out the ‘it could be worse, we could be bury’ excuse is just futile and irrelevant...

The acceptance of shite became the normal for many
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 40
diehardmariner
April 29, 2021, 9:41am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,705
Gold Stars: 543
It's damning of his reign when people are literally queuing up to take shots at him at the minute.

People still technically employed by him are taking swipes and digs, understandably they couldn't do this before.  But there isn't a single respected word coming out that puts him in a decent light.
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 40
5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › John Macca has his say

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.