This thread currently has 1,606 views. Print
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
promotion plaice
May 5, 2021, 10:29pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,082
Gold Stars: 201

This is the standout thing for me, they want to change the culture of the club and create an organisation that is high performance.

Something that JF failed in miserably.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
KingstonMariner
May 5, 2021, 10:34pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.04
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
I totally agree PP.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 6
Poojah
May 5, 2021, 10:39pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,778
Gold Stars: 1,515
If one quote stood out above all else, it was this one:

“We know our abilities, we know our shortcomings”.

Every person on this planet is flawed (apart from the wife, apparently). Knowing your strengths and playing to them whilst having an awareness of your weaknesses and both working on them and surrounding yourself with people who are strong in those areas, is such an important quality.

Something that will be lost on the narcissists that went before. Anyway, that’s the last time I’m going to mention them. Onwards and upwards!

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 6
Knut Anders Fosters Voles
May 5, 2021, 11:16pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.84
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,832
Gold Stars: 556
The culture club have succeeded the crazy gang
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 6
RichMariner
May 5, 2021, 11:52pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,165
Gold Stars: 211
I've spent the last 18 months working on a massive culture project for our company. We all thought we knew and operated within a certain culture, but it was never written down and shared.

Writing it and sharing it remains one of the best things we did, and it's one of the proudest projects I've worked on. Almost immediately, everyone saw the value in it. Recognition, development, sense of worth and value scores among colleagues has gone up and up and up.

Now that it's written down, we have something to discuss; something every colleague can see, and debate, and question, and evolve. Recruitment are all over it, attracting a better quality of candidate because they can see from the outside what they'll get when they join. Likeminded people coming together, strengthening that culture, etc.

Depending on who you speak to, getting the culture right is one of the most important things you can do for your business.

Just think of the values JS and AP have, and how that runs through Hurst, and down through the likes of Giles Coke. Good people attract good people. We don't want greedy players; we want players who see what we have and want to be part of it.

It's literally been hours since they took over and already you can see how they're changing things.

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 4 - 6
aldi_01
May 6, 2021, 5:48am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
I think the fact they’re focused on the culture probably gives you an indication of just how bad it was.

In any industry or profession, those with a positive culture where people reflect and people are allowed to play to their strengths etc flourish...

I appreciate that people think a football club is simply that, a team and that’s where all the focus should be but that’s a naive thought in 2021. The club is so much more and to ensure the team can succeed, the rest needs to be effective and work too.

These guys have clearly been working on a plan, they’ve already brought someone in to support them and they’ve made it clear that Hurst is the football man. In this new dawn that could be a useful approach. Over time they may perhaps get more involved but o think they’ve made it very clear what they bring and what others bring to the table.

Are they saying anything spectacular? Who knows, the benchmark was set very very low but it’s acruslly good to hear the things they’re saying even though we’re heading back in to the abyss.

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 6
bedders78
May 6, 2021, 7:43am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +3 / -3
Approval: +839
Gold Stars: 12
I wish them the best of luck, changing an ingrained culture within an organisation is very difficult. A football club does not have a large staff, so hopefully they will be able to manage it

Grim Outlook exile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 6
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › They want to change the culture of the club

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.