Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Forum Upgrade
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 128 Guests

Forum Upgrade

This thread currently has 3,258 views. Print
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
May 26, 2021, 8:27am
Guest User
I am not saying the present Forum pages are no good, they are fine, however seeing how things are changing within the club, more professional videos, has the club shop been upgraded?  Anyway it's just a thought that maybe we could upgrade the Fishy Forum to go along with the new image of the club!   Just asking............
SomeSanity
May 26, 2021, 8:56am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +855
Gold Stars: 1
If it’s not broke don’t fix it.

The quality of the videos hasn’t changed it’s just got a nice shiny intro. ( I never said what the quality of the videos was before)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 23
louth_in_the_south
May 26, 2021, 9:52am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,711
Gold Stars: 96
The only big change to improve the fishy would be to enable uploading pics etc onto a post a lot simpler.

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 23
buckstown
May 26, 2021, 10:48am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +16 / -6
Approval: +5,239
Gold Stars: 80
I've had a bit of time on my hands for the last 12 months or so and  look at a lot of forums. The fishy is pretty good compared to many. Some of them are very difficult to navigate and follow threads
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 23
HistonMariner
May 26, 2021, 12:20pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +6 / -1
Approval: +558
Gold Stars: 13
Totally agree that other club forums are often very difficult to navigate, some are near impossible - though I totally accept my inadequate technical ability.  

The Fishy will naturally get better if things continue as we all hope AND results on the pitch improve likewise.  
I personally find that Ignoring some of the ‘trolls’ is a help - though it is not always easy.

Don’t fix what isn’t broken
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 4 - 23
crusty ole pie
May 26, 2021, 12:26pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.54
Rep Score: +16 / -1
Approval: +3,383
Gold Stars: 66
Leave it alone with the ease of adding a picture
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 23
GrimRob
May 26, 2021, 12:41pm

Posts Per Day: 2.11
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,451
Gold Stars: 115
Quoted from crusty ole pie
Leave it alone with the ease of adding a picture

I'll have a look at improving that. I normally change one or two things a year, that'll probably be next.

Another thing potentially is registration, at the moment you have to have a Google account to register but you still need a username/password. I have been looking into a single sign-on plugin that would enable you to log in with social media accounts like Facebook/Twitter or to still have your own username/password if you really want. I don't want to change anything for any existing users so whatever I come up with won't entail having to have new logins or passwords!

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 6 - 23
KingstonMariner
May 26, 2021, 1:19pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.04
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Flashier forums don’t win you three points on a Saturday.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 23
DB
May 26, 2021, 1:29pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.40
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,054
Gold Stars: 391
I've only been here since Christmas and is the only social media I use, not interested in Facebook, Twitter, etc. I think Rob does an excellent job, makes it easy to use, log on and go between threads.

As others have said if it's not broke, well used then why try to fix something that is more or less perfect.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 23
May 26, 2021, 2:34pm
Guest User
Quoted from KingstonMariner
Flashier forums don’t win you three points on a Saturday.

Neither do professionally presented videos, or a new football strip, or fish and chips on home matchdays.  I wasn't even thinking about it being 'flashy', just maybe a touch of paint, such as black, white and red.

Reply: 9 - 23
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Forum Upgrade

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.