TheRonRaffertyFanClub
June 6, 2021, 4:16pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from Madeleymariner
What I like about her bio is experienced at change management. Though this is probably needed, in my experience it normally means sacking the workers/cutting pay and conditions, creating verticals   blah blah, and employing twice as many managers to ask the employees if they have any ideas how  the service could be improved, then reorganise it all again, change company names/dept titles etc.
This is not being negative about her appt, but if your an employee at a big company the words 'change managent' send a shiver down your spine.

Is she appointed for change management or management of change? Big difference. The first is a true executive post as you describe, analysing workings and where needed making strategy changes big and small that may include staffing. The other is managing a strategy someone else has set in motion or planned within strict parameters. Would the owners be happy to have someone doing the sort of decision making they have been doing? I think not. More likely this is about the most effective way of putting their ideas into action.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 51
diehardmariner
June 7, 2021, 2:24pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,705
Gold Stars: 543
If Change Management, like anything else, is badly implemented then it will always fail.  

Done properly, Change Management should be about changing the behaviours and cultures of an organisation.  It's hugely dependent on trust and with that communication and transparency with staff.  Everything that it looks like 1878 stand for.

Changes are coming, that much is bloody obvious and well overdue.  Everything looks to be geared up towards a modern way of doing this, but in a way where everyone knows what's going, why it's going and what their role in it will be.  I'd be quite excited if I was an employee of the club right now.
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 51
FishOutOfWater
June 7, 2021, 6:33pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.14
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,578
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from Scenes on toast
Some of the comments here already FFS......Fenty has left folks,  its time to move forward stop with the sexist shite.  It's about who's best for the role not the gender or colour for that matter.

Agree....makes me wonder just how low Fenty allowed things to sink
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 42 - 51
moosey_club
June 7, 2021, 7:39pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,305
Gold Stars: 227
Quoted from FishOutOfWater

Agree....makes me wonder just how low Fenty allowed things to sink

FFS...dont mention the sink !!!!

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 51
ska face
June 8, 2021, 11:52am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,780
Gold Stars: 851
First priority should be getting someone in the building who can put a fcking video together. If the club’s YouTube channel is going to be the primary source for content, it’d be helpful to have interviews where responses aren’t cut off half way through or you have to guess what question it is they’re answering.

GTFC is a massive company with a national profile and multi-million pound annual turnover, it isn’t amateur hour and talented people would be queuing around the block to be the head of digital media/comms somewhere like here.
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 51
SomeSanity
June 8, 2021, 12:23pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +855
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from ska face
First priority should be getting someone in the building who can put a fcking video together. If the club’s YouTube channel is going to be the primary source for content, it’d be helpful to have interviews where responses aren’t cut off half way through or you have to guess what question it is they’re answering.

GTFC is a massive company with a national profile and multi-million pound annual turnover, it isn’t amateur hour and talented people would be queuing around the block to be the head of digital media/comms somewhere like here.

The club itself has some very talented fans who have never had a look in. I think it’s a case of additions needed not replacements.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 51
Chrisblor
June 8, 2021, 1:25pm

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +53 / -18
Approval: +8,962
Gold Stars: 239
Quoted from ska face

1m3s into this, what the intercourse is going on with the audio:

[youtube]FgBZt5kbVxM[/youtube]

I've put together significantly higher quality videos at work just using a phone to record the footage, a cheap usb microphone for the audio, and spending a bit of time reading tutorials on how to use Adobe Premiere. I'd like to see the new owners take responsibility for video editing and production away from whoever currently has it at the club (Ladson?) cos they're absolutely useless and have shown no signs of ever getting any better at it.

gary jones
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 51
Southwark Mariner
June 8, 2021, 4:39pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,562
Gold Stars: 83
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 51
KingstonMariner
June 9, 2021, 1:14am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.04
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Chrisblor

1m3s into this, what the intercourse is going on with the audio:

[youtube]FgBZt5kbVxM[/youtube]

I've put together significantly higher quality videos at work just using a phone to record the footage, a cheap usb microphone for the audio, and spending a bit of time reading tutorials on how to use Adobe Premiere. I'd like to see the new owners take responsibility for video editing and production away from whoever currently has it at the club (Ladson?) cos they're absolutely useless and have shown no signs of ever getting any better at it.

Cutting out unnecessary music would help. Often makes it difficult to hear what someone is saying.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 51
forza ivano
June 9, 2021, 11:51am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,282
Gold Stars: 266
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 51
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › New CEO Appointed

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.