2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
dicko995
June 6, 2021, 12:51pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: -252
Gold Stars: 26
Its 4 weeks away from pre -season time, and Hursty says he hopes to have the majority of players in. We know that some players are still on holiday, and some players and agents will be hanging on for better deals, as always. We should be hearing of new signings from this week hopefully, its going to be interesting.
Logged Offline
Private Message
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
June 6, 2021, 1:11pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Strange isn’t it? We must be the least depressed relegated club and fans in the country. Or maybe not so strange.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 13
Davec
June 6, 2021, 1:14pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,455
Gold Stars: 42
I'm hoping to hear news on Giles Coke Luke Hendrie and Evan Kohouri soon!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 13
lew chaterleys lover
June 6, 2021, 1:38pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,761
Gold Stars: 237
Strange isn’t it? We must be the least depressed relegated club and fans in the country. Or maybe not so strange.

Yes, it is quite an incredible position we find ourselves in.

Relegated to non-league again would have normally knocked the stuffing out of us, perhaps fatally. I was very down after relegation, but now accept it was almost for the best -  a fitting end to the Fenty disaster.

Yet here we are almost member a hoop due to the one entity that was holding the club back consigned to history. This alone would have given us cause for optimism, but the fact that we have been taken over by shrewd business people who have personal and business wealth  Fenty could only dream about, who have the contacts and expertise to make things happen, and the added bonus they are lifelong fans leaves us feeling really positive and looking towards the future. As far as I can see the sky is the limit.

What we need now is some great signings, marquee signings for this level, to reinforce the notion that we are on our way back. We will never have a better chance. Even if it doesn't quite work out the first time around, it will do if we are able to add quality players along the way.

What a great feeling!
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 13
BobbyCummingsTackle
June 6, 2021, 1:53pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.54
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,310
Gold Stars: 309

Yes, it is quite an incredible position we find ourselves in.

Relegated to non-league again would have normally knocked the stuffing out of us, perhaps fatally. I was very down after relegation, but now accept it was almost for the best -  a fitting end to the Fenty disaster.

Yet here we are almost member a hoop due to the one entity that was holding the club back consigned to history. This alone would have given us cause for optimism, but the fact that we have been taken over by shrewd business people who have personal and business wealth  Fenty could only dream about, who have the contacts and expertise to make things happen, and the added bonus they are lifelong fans leaves us feeling really positive and looking towards the future. As far as I can see the sky is the limit.

What we need now is some great signings, marquee signings for this level, to reinforce the notion that we are on our way back. We will never have a better chance. Even if it doesn't quite work out the first time around, it will do if we are able to add quality players along the way.

What a great feeling!

"Member a hoop" has to be the best thing the swear filter has come up with ever!!

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 13
AdamHaddock
June 6, 2021, 2:09pm

Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +37 / -5
Approval: +2,838
Gold Stars: 26
Nah, Icey's half time homosexual

[img]https://images.app.goo.gl/bymuz36koLHofSn79[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 13
KingstonMariner
June 6, 2021, 2:22pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.04
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from AdamHaddock
Nah, Icey's half time homosexual

That was a classic.

Icey: much missed member of the forum

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 13
lukeo
June 6, 2021, 4:24pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,405
Gold Stars: 149
Wierdly I wasn't even too disappointed in being relegated.. I guess that shows how much of a change up top was needed
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 13
jamesgtfc
June 6, 2021, 5:25pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,041
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from lukeo
Wierdly I wasn't even too disappointed in being relegated.. I guess that shows how much of a change up top was needed

Relegation is like a final nail in the Fenty coffin. It cements his reign as one of failure.

Sometimes you have to take a step back to take 2 steps forward. I'm sure when we do get out of the National League, the same mistakes won't be repeated.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 13
dapperz fun pub
June 6, 2021, 9:14pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +10,049
Gold Stars: 84
Quoted from jamesgtfc

Relegation is like a final nail in the Fenty coffin. It cements his reign as one of failure.

Sometimes you have to take a step back to take 2 steps forward. I'm sure when we do get out of the National League, the same mistakes won't be repeated.

I have a feeling he regards his time at the club as a success
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 13
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › An Interesting 4 Weeks

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.