lukeo
June 30, 2021, 12:08pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,405
Gold Stars: 149
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God
Grealish comes on against tired defenders that have been chasing Stirling and Saka for 70mins

He then does his stuff, and defenders make lazy tackles, give away fouls, or just simply too tired to get anywhere near him.

Sometimes fans have to admit they was wrong..

Before the tournament:
Pickford can't start, too many mistakes... 9/10 times his distribution is on point, and has made some crucial saves... been incredible so far.

Maguire can't play, not fit enough.... he is genuinely world class
Sterling is poor, his club form as been poor for ages.... scored 3 in 4 games, and people still say he shouldn't be starting  

But the biggest surprise for me, is Kalvin Philliips.
I don't watch too much premier league football, especially with no fans.
I was lead to believe he only makes side-ward passes etc.... What a player he is!

4 games
4 goals
0 conceeded

we have the 2nd average youngest squad, only Turkey have a younger squad... Positive few years coming up with this squad and manager IMO

Totally agree with this 100%.
I want to see Grealish start but as you say above the tactic to run them ragid with Saka and Sterling first is working brilliantly. I hope Grealish continues to get more game time.
If I'm honest I wanted Kane off at half time. Glad he scored and really hope he kicks on now.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 140 - 146
quebec38
June 30, 2021, 12:26pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +6 / -1
Approval: +1,588
Gold Stars: 48
Seen some really thick stuff regarding Sterling before the tournament and I’m amazed it continues.

“Drop Sterling he’s out of form”.

Even during the game last night:

“Tell Sterling to pass to his teammates”.

Sterling is our most experienced player in terms of caps and tournaments. He has played 30+ league games for the best club side in England over the last 6 seasons. Last season he had “such a poor season” and still contributed 10 goals and 7 assists in the league alone.

It’s time Raheem Sterling got the respect he deserves.
Private Message
Reply: 141 - 146
Les Brechin
June 30, 2021, 12:34pm

Posts Per Day: 4.16
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,724
Gold Stars: 174
First game away from Wembley on Saturday.

We SHOULD really beat Ukraine and hopefully the players will handle their first "away" game in the tournament with no England fans there bar a few ex-pats I'd think.

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 142 - 146
Jarmo.Is.God
June 30, 2021, 12:38pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,050
Gold Stars: 86
Quoted from lukeo

Totally agree with this 100%.
I want to see Grealish start but as you say above the tactic to run them ragid with Saka and Sterling first is working brilliantly. I hope Grealish continues to get more game time.
If I'm honest I wanted Kane off at half time. Glad he scored and really hope he kicks on now.

Yeah, its been frustrating for Kane, but he is one of them players that can do something out of nothing.

Glad hes got a huge weight of his shoulder with that goal
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 143 - 146
BobbyCummingsTackle
June 30, 2021, 12:40pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.54
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,301
Gold Stars: 307
Quoted from Rick12
I think the sending off killed Sweden though. Sweden for me would of been the more difficult outfit though. They done well against Spain and in Isak have a dangerous striker. Voted la liga's best young player for the season just gone.

All true but they looked devoid of ideas before the sending off. Both teams were playing for pens until Ukraine raised the tempo after it.

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 144 - 146
DB
June 30, 2021, 12:53pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.41
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,056
Gold Stars: 391
I think Southgate may have hit on a good ploy running the energy levels of the opposing back 3/4 down. Then towards the final part introduce a fresh pair of legs to run at them. Apart from injury you seldom see any of the back 3/4 subed during a game, so it appears this ploy may work in the future.

Hopefully having now scored Harry has got his mojo back and will continue against the Ukraine's.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 145 - 146
Rick12
June 30, 2021, 1:33pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from DB
I think Southgate may have hit on a good ploy running the energy levels of the opposing back 3/4 down. Then towards the final part introduce a fresh pair of legs to run at them. Apart from injury you seldom see any of the back 3/4 subed during a game, so it appears this ploy may work in the future.
Teams adapt though to any system given time . I heard similar from the Germans back in the world cup of 2010 when they got beat by the Spanish in that semi final. They were shattered from trying to win the ball back from Spain. Over time though teams started to work their Tiki Taka style out. It's why you always need a plan B?.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 146 - 146
15 Pages Prev ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › England v Deutschland Match Thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.