3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
ska face
July 4, 2021, 11:05pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,780
Gold Stars: 852
Arguing over the wording on a job advert for a head chef.

I hope we sign some fúcking players this week, people are losing their minds.
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 27
jamesgtfc
July 4, 2021, 11:35pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,041
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from ska face
Arguing over the wording on a job advert for a head chef.

I hope we sign some fúcking players this week, people are losing their minds.

I hope Hurst isn't being instructed to look for cost effective players too.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 27
Les Brechin
July 5, 2021, 1:59pm

Posts Per Day: 4.16
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,726
Gold Stars: 174
Any chance of advertising this in The Kidderminster area?  

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 27
Poojah
July 5, 2021, 2:11pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,778
Gold Stars: 1,515
Quoted from jamesgtfc

I hope Hurst isn't being instructed to look for cost effective players too.

Why not? Do you consider the costs of last season’s recruitment very effective?

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 27
jamesgtfc
July 5, 2021, 2:26pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Poojah

Why not? Do you consider the costs of last season’s recruitment very effective?

I was being sarcastic in response to people moaning about cost effective chefs but it appears to have been lost on some.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 27
Poojah
July 5, 2021, 3:00pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,778
Gold Stars: 1,515
Quoted from jamesgtfc

I was being sarcastic in response to people moaning about cost effective chefs but it appears to have been lost on some.

No, I got it. It’s just a phrase that gets regularly misunderstood / misused. It’s often used as a byword for ‘cheap’, but expensive things can still be cost-effective (or not). Matt Green was reportedly one of our highest earners in recent times, yet I’d argue not very cost-effective.

Regardless, something being cost-effective is generally a good thing. Brentford’s recruitment strategy has been very cost-effective, not cheap, but their net spend is still a lot less than others who have tried and failed to win promotion to the Premier League.

I know “cost-effective” food doesn’t sound very appetising, but even Michelin Star level food has to meet that criteria else those restaurants won’t be in business long.

Nothing to see here.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 27
jamesgtfc
July 5, 2021, 4:14pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Poojah

No, I got it. It’s just a phrase that gets regularly misunderstood / misused. It’s often used as a byword for ‘cheap’, but expensive things can still be cost-effective (or not). Matt Green was reportedly one of our highest earners in recent times, yet I’d argue not very cost-effective.

Regardless, something being cost-effective is generally a good thing. Brentford’s recruitment strategy has been very cost-effective, not cheap, but their net spend is still a lot less than others who have tried and failed to win promotion to the Premier League.

I know “cost-effective” food doesn’t sound very appetising, but even Michelin Star level food has to meet that criteria else those restaurants won’t be in business long.

Nothing to see here.

But in response to your original question to me, I think the only effective football recruitment made in recent years has been those players who spent their first year or 2 with Neil Woods and his staff.

Ultimately our first team recruitment has resulted in kicking around the bottom end of League 2. If you kick around there long enough, you eventually get relegated and lose a lot more money!

I'm ok with taking a punt on a player from Step 7 or 8 but last season we picked up 3 from that level plus Sisay who had been playing in Wales. When you consider Louis Robles has been doing alright in Wales, that tells you everything. Ironically the one step 7/8 gamble that may pay off is the one we still haven't announced yet!

It's easy to say without seeing us kick a ball in anger but there seems to be a sprinkling of players working their way up in the game like McAtee and Etefe alongside some experienced players who come well recommended. I don't think any of this summers signings will rant about weather changing technology or host gender reveal parties whilst the nation sacrifices time with loved ones somehow.

Ultimately I want the club to do things properly and be somewhat sustainable but we have to lay some solid foundations for when 1878 eventually move on, whenever that may be.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 27
KingstonMariner
July 5, 2021, 7:07pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.04
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Wise words James.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 27
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Catering Vacancies

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.