3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
WayneBurnettsJockstrap
July 13, 2021, 10:12pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.77
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +881
Gold Stars: 122
Everything on the GTFC website still points towards iFollow.

When does it cease to be, now that we are out of the EFL?
Logged Offline
Private Message
promotion plaice
July 13, 2021, 10:41pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,079
Gold Stars: 201

No idea but I cancelled my subscription 3 weeks ago.

The Southend website also still points to iFollow, just saying.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 23
mariner83
July 14, 2021, 8:04am

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +25 / -4
Approval: +2,001
Gold Stars: 5
[url=https://forum.thefishy.co.uk/Blah.pl?m-1623699059/highlight-ifollow/id-1480153#id1480153]https://forum.thefishy.co.uk/Blah.pl?m-1623699059/highlight-ifollow/id-1480153#id1480153[/url]
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 2 - 23
Son of Cod
July 14, 2021, 10:15am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +5,331
Gold Stars: 196
It's already been confirmed that audio commentary is gonna be free on BBC, so if you're on about the £5 per month one then you may as well cancel now. I can't imagine overseas people will be getting streams through iFollow either, but I could be wrong I guess.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 23
diehardmariner
July 14, 2021, 10:44am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,705
Gold Stars: 543
Personally not convinced we'll stay with 100% capacity at stadiums for the full season, wouldn't surprise me if at some point a return to restrictions are brought in.  Make no mistake we're at the start of a third wave.  

With that in mind I wonder if there are provisions under way to stream games at this level.  Fully appreciate it's a very difficult task with some of the infrastructure at some grounds.
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 23
GollyGTFC
July 14, 2021, 11:24am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +6,057
Gold Stars: 358
Quoted from diehardmariner
Personally not convinced we'll stay with 100% capacity at stadiums for the full season, wouldn't surprise me if at some point a return to restrictions are brought in.  Make no mistake we're at the start of a third wave.  

With that in mind I wonder if there are provisions under way to stream games at this level.  Fully appreciate it's a very difficult task with some of the infrastructure at some grounds.

I doubt there will be any restrictions reintroduced this winter. This (so called) government introduced restrictions because of hospitalisations & the stop the NHS collapsing and not because of infection numbers.

Vaccination has broken the link between infection and hospitalisation. The government won’t be bothered with infection rate as long as hospitals aren’t at threat of being overrun.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 5 - 23
livosnose
July 14, 2021, 11:34am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.54
Rep Score: +14 / -9
Approval: +1,180
Gold Stars: 15
Quoted from Son of Cod
It's already been confirmed that audio commentary is gonna be free on BBC, so if you're on about the £5 per month one then you may as well cancel now. I can't imagine overseas people will be getting streams through iFollow either, but I could be wrong I guess.

I’m abroad and I follow have told me that they’re will be no coverage. 45 quid has come out of my account which I presume is just for highlights and interviews but I’m not
100 percent sure .

[img][/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 23
Mrbump53
July 14, 2021, 12:52pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +4 / -1
Approval: +335
Gold Stars: 11
Quoted from GollyGTFC

I doubt there will be any restrictions reintroduced this winter. This (so called) government introduced restrictions because of hospitalisations & the stop the NHS collapsing and not because of infection numbers.

Vaccination has broken the link between infection and hospitalisation. The government won’t be bothered with infection rate as long as hospitals aren’t at threat of being overrun.

Vaccination has not broken the link though it has weakened it. Hospitalisation cases are rising but at a lower rate. If this continues then the pressure on the NHS will become significant. This will be especially if we see an increase in flu hospitalisations which could occur due to more social contact.

Until the vast majority of the population is double vaccinated then the risk of a significant increase in hospitalisation cases is still present. If that was to occur then restrictions could be reintroduced although this is probably remote. To ensure that this is prevented then you need to achieve a vaccination rate of 90 - 95% given the delta variant and its transmission rate.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 23
lew chaterleys lover
July 14, 2021, 12:54pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,761
Gold Stars: 237
Quoted from GollyGTFC

I am not sure of the point you are making. Of course restrictions were introduced because of hospitalisations and to stop the NHS from being overwhelmed. What other matrix would be used?  

The government have indeed broken the link between infections and hospitalisations, which means that irrespective of infection numbers we can get back to normality, albeit gradually.
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 23
Mrbump53
July 14, 2021, 1:03pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +4 / -1
Approval: +335
Gold Stars: 11

I am not sure of the point you are making. Of course restrictions were introduced because of hospitalisations and to stop the NHS from being overwhelmed. What other matrix would be used?  

The government have indeed broken the link between infections and hospitalisations, which means that irrespective of infection numbers we can get back to normality, albeit gradually.

As I work in the acute healthcare provider sector I would like to state that the link has not been broken as the numbers being admitted tell a  different story. Current levels of admission are now at their highest for a number of months and the number of daily admissions continue to increase. The "pressure" is rising and the number of admissions on a daily basis is also rising so can we say the link is broken and restrictions will not come back? Simply answer is not yet.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 23
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › iFollow......or not

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.