July 17, 2021, 1:40pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.89
Rep Score: +20 / -9
Approval: +1,451
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from Hagrid

No he’s not in the plans. He’s not good enough

Yes but how else do you move a player on if he's not playing any football for scouts to come and see, bring him on as sublet him show what he can do. One it might help to move him on which is what Hurst wants, two if we have an injury crisis/covid crisis and we've not moved him he's somewhat match fit and used to the system Hurst is installing three you're not risking injuries to your own player who you want ready for the season. It doesn't hurt the situation at all to give him 10/15 minutes here and there over the course of preseason same for the others we're trying to move on when you can have 11 subs on the bench and use all 11 subs.

I don't mind Roy Keane making £60,000 a week. I was making the same when I was playing. The only difference was I was printing my own - Mickey Thomas

The area you are trying to protect at corners is the goal - Chris Kamara

I once said Gazza's IQ was less than his shirt number and he asked me: What's an IQ? - George Best
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 24
livosnose
July 17, 2021, 2:06pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +14 / -9
Approval: +1,182
Gold Stars: 16
Quoted from acko338
Chance perhaps to see if Ira can step up in pre season to earn a squad place, and then not having to be sent out on loan or leave us?

Hate to say it but he will be on next to nothing wages wise , so,it will be up to Ira and his agent  to get clubs watching his showreel ( which is good BTW) and get trialling. No chance of Hirst helping him.

[img][/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 24
arryarryarry
July 17, 2021, 2:15pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,041
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from livosnose

Hate to say it but he will be on next to nothing wages wise , so,it will be up to Ira and his agent  to get clubs watching his showreel ( which is good BTW) and get trialling. No chance of Hirst helping him.

I heard he has already left.
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 24
toontown
July 17, 2021, 2:17pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,273
Gold Stars: 70
I'd like to see him loaned for half a season to somebody in our division so if he does show he has it in him at this level we can bring him back for the run in. I accept though that Hurst will loan him to whoever he can to get his admittedly small amount off the wage bill (at least partially). I would guess he would go to NLN/NLS
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 24
HertsGTFC
July 17, 2021, 4:03pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,997
Gold Stars: 228

To put him the shop window a little, if he does well in a couple of preseason appeances teams might want to try and sign him or loan him

So he gets game time ahead of a pro we’ve brought in for next season.

It’s his agents job to put him in the shop window not GTFC’s and to be honest I’d doubt that they’ll be many clubs looking in the window that an away friendly at Cleethorpes offers.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 24
HertsGTFC
July 17, 2021, 4:05pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,997
Gold Stars: 228

To put him the shop window a little, if he does well in a couple of preseason appeances teams might want to try and sign him or loan him

To add to this I think this afternoon would be better suited for him if he can find a trial game somewhere.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 24
forza ivano
July 17, 2021, 4:13pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,282
Gold Stars: 266
Quoted from arryarryarry

I heard he has already left.

tell us more then........
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 24
fishcake63
July 17, 2021, 4:35pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,225
Gold Stars: 62
injured , rumour at clee could missstart of season , taylor also injured today , question now do we get two no9s or one
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 24
toontown
July 17, 2021, 6:01pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,273
Gold Stars: 70
Quoted from fishcake63
injured , rumour at clee could missstart of season , taylor also injured today , question now do we get two no9s or one

Is this Lenny your on about?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 24
davmariner
July 17, 2021, 6:13pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -11
Approval: +4,970
Gold Stars: 79
Lenny has torn his calf.

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 24
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Lenny

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.