Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › We are being "encouraged" to wear a mask
Users Browsing Forum
Baidu Spider, Googlebot and 148 Guests

We are being "encouraged" to wear a mask

This thread currently has 19,595 views. Print
26 Pages Prev ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 Next All Recommend Thread
lew chaterleys lover
July 25, 2021, 5:50pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,761
Gold Stars: 237
Quoted from Stadium

Read the statement.
It doesn't mention outdoors & I haven't mentioned it.
Nobody has said about the legality of wearing one.

Government guidance on masks as below:

You should use your judgement in deciding where you should wear one. Businesses, including transport operators, can also ask their employees and customers to wear face coverings. You should check with operators of services, venues, and settings that you use.

As a responsible business the club & numerous others offered some guidance as you would expect in line with the statement above.

Example:

https://www.bradfordcityafc.co.....-v-blackburn-rovers/

https://www.wearehullcity.co.uk/news/2021/july/supporter-information-ahead-of-mansfield/

Carry on with your crusade as it's a forum for debate though.

Well the statement didn't really have to mention outdoors, did it? Its a football match. It never mentioned indoors either, not that it matters because all restrictions have been lifted.

God, I really would have hit the roof if that Bradford statement had been ours. Telling you to wear face masks while watching the game??!

I just looked on the Bantams forum, and surprise surprise there is a debate/crusade just like this one.

Their fans estimate 5% of the Bradford fans took any notice, clearly of the opinion that wearing a face covering outside is pointless.
Private Message
Reply: 220 - 257
Stadium
July 25, 2021, 6:14pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.77
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,926
Gold Stars: 19

Well the statement didn't really have to mention outdoors, did it? Its a football match. It never mentioned indoors either, not that it matters because all restrictions have been lifted.

God, I really would have hit the roof if that Bradford statement had been ours. Telling you to wear face masks while watching the game??!

I just looked on the Bantams forum, and surprise surprise there is a debate/crusade just like this one.

Their fans estimate 5% of the Bradford fans took any notice, clearly of the opinion that wearing a face covering outside is pointless.

??
I believe you brought up the issue of masks outdoors?

I see the club has put out a statement saying the above under the guise of health and safety.

If anybody is that worried to wear a mask in an outdoor setting then let them, but why are the rest of us being encouraged?

All they have done is sow the seeds of doubt that here we go again, another season that will be different / disrupte

At last & after numerous requests you have managed to carry out some simple research & find that the guidance has been adopted by other clubs & not exclusive to Grimsby Town.
Great work with the statistics which you have absolutely no idea of verifying as you incorrectly assumed with the ones on Saturday at Blundell Park.
No doubt the  fans of other clubs had a a great experience, as did many on Saturday here & wasn't concerned with the advice at all.
The Bradford City thread debates mainly COVID passports, a different proposition.
Luckily they didn't have a thread questioning a simple statement made by the club based on government guidance.
Feel free to report back with information from other fan forums to support your viewpoint.

“There's nothing wrong with the car except that it's on fire.”- Murray Walker
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 221 - 257
lew chaterleys lover
July 25, 2021, 7:19pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,761
Gold Stars: 237
Quoted from Stadium

??
I believe you brought up the issue of masks outdoors?

I see the club has put out a statement saying the above under the guise of health and safety.

If anybody is that worried to wear a mask in an outdoor setting then let them, but why are the rest of us being encouraged?

All they have done is sow the seeds of doubt that here we go again, another season that will be different / disrupte

At last & after numerous requests you have managed to carry out some simple research & find that the guidance has been adopted by other clubs & not exclusive to Grimsby Town.
Great work with the statistics which you have absolutely no idea of verifying as you incorrectly assumed with the ones on Saturday at Blundell Park.
No doubt the  fans of other clubs had a a great experience, as did many on Saturday here & wasn't concerned with the advice at all.
The Bradford City thread debates mainly COVID passports, a different proposition.
Luckily they didn't have a thread questioning a simple statement made by the club based on government guidance.
Feel free to report back with information from other fan forums to support your viewpoint.

Thank you for highlighting my original post.

How that simple post has evoked so many disgruntled replies I will never know. I disagreed with a club statement because all restrictions had been lifted, and in my eyes "encouragement" was pointless as next to nobody was going to wear a mask outside. I was also concerned it sowed the seeds of doubt about covid affecting the forthcoming season, just when people had paid for their season tickets.

I will let you have the last word, as even I am bored with it.
Private Message
Reply: 222 - 257
Stadium
July 25, 2021, 7:40pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.77
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,926
Gold Stars: 19

How that simple post has evoked so many disgruntled replies I will never know. I disagreed with a club statement because all restrictions had been lifted, and in my eyes "encouragement" was pointless as next to nobody was going to wear a mask outside. I was also concerned it sowed the seeds of doubt about covid affecting the forthcoming season, just when people had paid for their season tickets.

Thanks for acknowledging the points raised which you have totally ignored.
" as even I am bored with it."
What a surprise, with your refusal to consider other posters opinions most people were bored as soon as you posted.

“There's nothing wrong with the car except that it's on fire.”- Murray Walker
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 223 - 257
BlackandWhiteBarmy2
July 26, 2021, 2:01am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,022
Gold Stars: 59

Yes getting back to your original post. Why? what was the point? I haven't really worked out how you can disagree with a statement that only 'encourages' people to take a certain action. I suppose if the club 'encourage' fans to arrive early for a game that may have a large attendance you will post that you will arrive at whatever time you choose and that the club shouldn't have made such a statement.

A truly pointless thread that I encourage people to ignore.

And when you fall back into the mud it hurts a lot.
No! None of it was true, none of those things we thought we could see existed at all.
All that was really there was still more misery

Emile Zola
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 224 - 257
pen penfras
July 26, 2021, 10:35am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.66
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -134
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from Maringer

Flattening off? On the rolling 7 day average, the government's Coronavirus dashboard is showing cases up 35.8% over the past week, deaths up 59.8% and hospital admissions up 38.6%. You need to look at the 7 day average due to the way in which the numbers reported move and change depending on when tests at taken or processed. Hardly flattening off. The enormous numbers of kids off school will probably have helped stop the surge to some degree but it's not really flattening off. No doubt that the football would have led to lots of cases but those are mostly baked in to the numbers now.

It is likely that the slight slowing of the rate of increase due to most kids being off school from tomorrow will be more than countered by the fact that so many people will have stopped wearing masks since the start of the week. The vaccination programme running is running pretty slowly at the moment and numbers of infections following "Freedom Day" will be rocketing up next week.

It's nice to spout statistics that prove your point, yet ignore the ones that don't. Still want to claim that things weren't flattening off and the Euros was the big factor? And as for school kids being off contributing, most weren't even off by the time I made that statement. The effect of kids being off school won't even be seen until next week.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 225 - 257
aldi_01
July 26, 2021, 11:04am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from pen penfras

It's nice to spout statistics that prove your point, yet ignore the ones that don't. Still want to claim that things weren't flattening off and the Euros was the big factor? And as for school kids being off contributing, most weren't even off by the time I made that statement. The effect of kids being off school won't even be seen until next week.

Similarly, there’s always an increase in attendance at A&E during summer holidays, even more you’d imagine with folk holidaying in the uk.

Let’s not forget that in the nearly 1m school kids being off school, only around 40k had a positive case. The guidance and support from the PHE teams wasn’t always helpful either, trust me, I called them 3 times in a week and was given a different response every time yet I was ringing with the same query.

Your point about stats is relevant and as we’ve seen throughout, the stats aren’t trustworthy enough, they’ve been changed or presented in whichever way suits the agenda. Anyone that has been vocal or presented things to the contrary has often been pushed to the back or not given a platform. Then numbers have gone down this week…

Anyway, back to the actual thread topic, as predicated, the club gave a statement they were probably in no other position to do than release it; some chose to wear masks, where I was sat that was nothing more than a handful. That’s their choice and we respect that. Others chose not to…the end.

Thread closed surely?

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 226 - 257
codcheeky
July 26, 2021, 2:14pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +1,262
Gold Stars: 31

Did you expect the club to open it’s turnstiles for the first time in well over a year and completely ignore the reason there has been no football? It gave guidance, nothing compulsory, I cannot see your argument however many times you try to justify it.
The club would be completely within their rights to say they are not letting anyone in without a mask,( our company does not allow anyone on the premises without a mask ) they are a private company and can refuse entry or eject anyone at any time they like. The club has asked people to make their own judgement and has recommended caution, it was never going to do anything different and nearly everyone who will wear a mask or not can see that. Your childish petulance over a statement not forcing you to do anything smacks of snowflakery  of the highest order
Private Message
Reply: 227 - 257
aldi_01
July 26, 2021, 2:17pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from codcheeky

Did you expect the club to open it’s turnstiles for the first time in well over a year and completely ignore the reason there has been no football? It gave guidance, nothing compulsory, I cannot see your argument however many times you try to justify it.
The club would be completely within their rights to say they are not letting anyone in without a mask,( our company does not allow anyone on the premises without a mask ) they are a private company and can refuse entry or eject anyone at any time they like. The club has asked people to make there own judgement and has recommended caution, it was never going to do anything different and nearly everyone who will wear a mask or not can see that. Your childish petulance over a statement not forcing you to do anything smacks of snowflakery  of the highest order

There is an irony in that most who claim ‘snowflake’ are indeed snowflakes them very selves…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 228 - 257
StaffsMariner
July 26, 2021, 2:32pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +428
Gold Stars: 6
The irony will be if the season doesn't start in NL because all the fans get pinged by the NHS app having attended the friendlys and not wearing a mask. The clubs asking nicely assumes people can be treat as adults when this thread shows otherwise.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 229 - 257
26 Pages Prev ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › We are being "encouraged" to wear a mask

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.