3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
HertsGTFC
August 7, 2021, 9:05pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,996
Gold Stars: 228
I don’t think he’s good enough but good luck to him, if he goes to Aldershot we all know he’ll score against us when we play them 🙇‍♀️

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 24
immariner
August 7, 2021, 9:25pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +3,414
Gold Stars: 61
He wasn't a striker before he came to us, he scored a hatful from the wing.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 24
louth_in_the_south
August 8, 2021, 1:06am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,710
Gold Stars: 96
Full marks to GrimRob cos that Aldershot forum is wa.nk compared to this

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 24
Rick12
August 8, 2021, 8:58am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from lukeo
Scored 2 for Aldershot whilst on trial today
Hope he gets a deal. His attitude strikes me as  spot on . If I was a manager I would love to have a team of characters like Jackson Jrs. May not be the best in terms of ability by all accounts for Grimsby but with his mindset has a very good chance of reaching and maintaining his potential. Sometimes in academy set ups Ive seen players who only give 70% if that and are not consistent and subsequently never achieve what their technical  ability deserves.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 24
mariner91
August 8, 2021, 9:28am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,748
Gold Stars: 262
I think people think he’s younger than he is. He’s 25 in January, any “potential” he may have had should have been realised by now but as it stands he’s miles off the required grade for professional football. Nice chap, good attitude but he should use his degree to get a good paying job and make some extra cash playing football on the side.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 24
Rick12
August 8, 2021, 9:48am
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from mariner91
I think people think he’s younger than he is. He’s 25 in January, any “potential” he may have had should have been realised by now but as it stands he’s miles off the required grade for professional football. Nice chap, good attitude but he should use his degree to get a good paying job and make some extra cash playing football on the side.  
I've only seen Jackson Jr in one game last season on the Iplayer mariner. You do see some players though that do really well in their loan spells or at the start of the careers with the clubs  but don't have the robust mindset to maintain that consistency . Football reflects life I feel on a more intense level. Short career and highly competitive .Very much dog eat dog. A players poor performance(s) over 2 games or injury gives another player a chance to shine and take their place. I don't know if you have seen "all or nothing on amazon prime on Tottenham Hotspur". Clip there sums up what a lot  professional footballer up and down the leagues experience. Danny Rose goes into Jose Mourinho's office and asks why he isn't playing or has been given a fair crack of the whip. Gets quite heated on his part and he subsequently ends up moving on.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 24
toontown
August 8, 2021, 11:54am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,277
Gold Stars: 70
Wish our Danny rose would do the same!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 24
Rick12
August 8, 2021, 12:02pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from toontown
Wish our Danny rose would do the same!
🙂😉. I enjoyed the series a lot though . Give the programme a  watch if you have the time . I think you will like it .

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 24
headingly_mariner
August 8, 2021, 4:31pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,394
Gold Stars: 120
Quoted from Rick12
Hope he gets a deal. His attitude strikes me as  spot on . If I was a manager I would love to have a team of characters like Jackson Jrs. May not be the best in terms of ability by all accounts for Grimsby but with his mindset has a very good chance of reaching and maintaining his potential. Sometimes in academy set ups Ive seen players who only give 70% if that and are not consistent and subsequently never achieve what their technical  ability deserves.

Is his attitude really spot on. In his last big interview he talked about how good he was and how the manager was wrong not to pick him for 25 minutes, then barely touched the ball on the Saturday. It was all about him, delusional self belief.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 24
jamesgtfc
August 8, 2021, 4:45pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,041
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from headingly_mariner

Is his attitude really spot on. In his last big interview he talked about how good he was and how the manager was wrong not to pick him for 25 minutes, then barely touched the ball on the Saturday. It was all about him, delusional self belief.

If he says another couple of prayers every day, God might make him good enough.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 24
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Jackson jr

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.