promotion plaice
August 12, 2021, 5:59pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,082
Gold Stars: 201

Noooo

Dover Athletic Club Statement:

We can confirm that due to two confirmed cases of COVID-19 in manager Andy Hessenthaler’s squad, the entire group of players and management are now self-isolating for a period of 10 days in accordance with National League protocols and Public Health England guidelines.

We now await confirmation regarding next Saturday’s opening National League game of the season against Solihull Moors at Crabble.

Chairman Jim Parmenter said: “Our priority is the health and wellbeing of our players and staff. We will keep everyone informed.”

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
aldi_01
August 12, 2021, 6:04pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
This old?

This seems more like a club that don’t want to play. PHE would let advise all isolating…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 21
jamesgtfc
August 12, 2021, 6:18pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,041
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from promotion plaice

Noooo

Dover Athletic Club Statement:

We can confirm that due to two confirmed cases of COVID-19 in manager Andy Hessenthaler’s squad, the entire group of players and management are now self-isolating for a period of 10 days in accordance with National League protocols and Public Health England guidelines.

We now await confirmation regarding next Saturday’s opening National League game of the season against Solihull Moors at Crabble.

Chairman Jim Parmenter said: “Our priority is the health and wellbeing of our players and staff. We will keep everyone informed.”

What a coincidence. They have announced it on a Thursday so that Day 10 falls on a Saturday, the day of their game.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 21
GollyGTFC
August 12, 2021, 6:37pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +6,056
Gold Stars: 358
From next Monday fully vaccinated people won’t have to self isolate after contact so this is the last time this should happen. If staff and players aren’t fully vaccinated tough. Zero excuses going forward.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 3 - 21
Maringer
August 12, 2021, 10:05pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,674
Gold Stars: 189
Aren't they going to be doing a rule that the double vaccinated won't have to isolate if they return a negative PCR test? I suspect that quite a lot of vaccinated people tested in such a manner will prove to be infected, even if asymptomatic. The various leagues will need to work out their own rules as to how many players need to be out for a match to be postponed.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 21
aldi_01
August 12, 2021, 10:24pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Maringer
Aren't they going to be doing a rule that the double vaccinated won't have to isolate if they return a negative PCR test? I suspect that quite a lot of vaccinated people tested in such a manner will prove to be infected, even if asymptomatic. The various leagues will need to work out their own rules as to how many players need to be out for a match to be postponed.

It’s simple, you need 16 players in our league to have a full match day squad…a minimum would potentially be 14, assuming they want 3 subs…therefore I’d say if sides can get together 14 players then they play.

These ridiculous rules will be circumvented, as I imagine this has in order for a side who made it well known last year they weren’t too keen on playing or had cash…what will have changed this year?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 21
golfer
August 13, 2021, 8:29am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.29
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,450
Gold Stars: 118
I believe you only have to have 7 players to play a football match under FA rules and you don't have to have substitutes if you don't want to. The 16 players Aldi mentions are the maximum.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 21
aldi_01
August 13, 2021, 8:45am

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from golfer
I believe you only have to have 7 players to play a football match under FA rules and you don't have to have substitutes if you don't want to. The 16 players Aldi mentions are the maximum.

Oh I, I knew that but I was being kind and suggesting that assuming they’ve got 14 then they’ve got a full side and three subs.

Play your ducking games. Simple as that.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 21
denni266
August 13, 2021, 8:48am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -22
Approval: +699
Gold Stars: 132
They need to grow a pair and get on with it like the rest of us have to do.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 21
Mariner Ronnie
August 13, 2021, 1:42pm

Lower Findus
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +45 / -6
Approval: +1,100
Gold Stars: 6
Game off

Today we got our team back - town fan leaving Wembley may 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 21
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Dover Athletic

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.