aldi_01
August 17, 2021, 12:11pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from Maringer
Longer-term, this could have quite an impact for the first few weeks of the season.

It's an airborne virus which appears to be just about as infectious as chickenpox. This means it is quite possible that most of the squad will have been exposed if they've been indoors together at any point (which you'd assume they must have done). Many of them may shrug it off, either innately or due to vaccination, others could be asymptomatic, but if they test positive following a PCR, they will still have to isolate. Those players with families who catch it are likely to pass it on (almost 100% household attack rate in the cases in Australia), so you have to consider that they might need to stay at home to help look after their children, even after recovering themselves.

Even with a quick and full recovery from infection, you're talking about 10 days of isolation with no chance to keep fitness up properly - and they shouldn't be working out if they are infected as there are plenty of indications of heart issues which can arise from Covid infection.

Figure we'll miss the few fixtures of the season at least and will be playing catch up from the off, even if none of the players suffer too much. It will also be difficult for Hurst to sign a new striker if he can't meet him or the player can't come to the club for a medical!

I don't expect we'll be the only team in the same boat. Current prevalence is very high and will only get higher when the schools reopen in September, so I think we'll see quite a number of clubs forced to cancel games, especially during the next few months. It's going to be another stop-start-stop season, I think.

To be fair, I expect us to play catch up and suspect Covid will be a perfect excuse for teams from time to time but last year wasn’t that stop start. We played darts; we stopped…we then had a disaster…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 130 - 143
exiledmeggie
August 17, 2021, 12:14pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +1 / -6
Approval: -209
Gold Stars: 19
Can we stop playing darts and get on with winning this tin pot league!

Living in Exile since 1980, but still have Black and White blood!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 131 - 143
aldi_01
August 17, 2021, 12:15pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from exiledmeggie
Can we stop playing darts and get on with winning this tin pot league!

The highlight of all this was how quick the darts memes followed the clubs story on Twitter…

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 132 - 143
golfer
August 17, 2021, 12:27pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.29
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,450
Gold Stars: 118
This whole thread is " Davec's" fault
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 133 - 143
aldi_01
August 17, 2021, 12:29pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from golfer
This whole thread is " Davec's" fault

For old times sake…can we blame Fenty?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 134 - 143
WOZOFGRIMSBY
August 17, 2021, 12:35pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,978
Gold Stars: 185
Quoted from aldi_01

Erm…three of my colleagues, one of which spent a week in hospital after her first jab…

Ok, so they are probably 1 of the 0.001% * that are unable to accept the current jab due to a clinical reaction. The pharma companies, am pretty sure, are working non stop to try and make sure there are no unpleasant side affects. It is in their interest to to make even more ££££££.

And am sure that your ‘colleague’ is taking every precaution necessary* to make sure they don’t catch the virus. You know, only going out when necessary, wearing a face mask in public, sanitising hands, working from home etc etc etc

* this may not be correct!!!!!

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 135 - 143
arryarryarry
August 17, 2021, 12:43pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,042
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from aldi_01

Surely it’s because we have a choice, do you need a reason?

I’m sure someone could bore us with tales of vaccine efficacy but that’s not really relevant. It’s about choice, simple as that.

I choose not to have a flu vaccine, I’ve not tested at any point. I don’t feel anymore or less guilty. I don’t see an issue if people want it, I won’t call them out or mock them same should be seen the opposite way.

In this case vaccines are irrelevant. Plenty testing positive having had a vaccine…will the next rule be ‘they’re not quite poorly enoug so can play/work’…

Of course it is a choice but in a situation like a football club that depends on close contact and trying to avoid a situation of having games postponed and fans being out of pocket then the club should have insisted on all players being vaccinated

My son is 21 and has had both jabs in the usual 12 week wait.
Private Message
Reply: 136 - 143
MuddyWaters
August 17, 2021, 12:45pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,288
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from aldi_01

For old times sake…can we blame Fenty?

He based last season’s strategy on stuff like this.
Private Message
Reply: 137 - 143
pen penfras
August 17, 2021, 12:46pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.66
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -134
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from MuddyWaters

He based last season’s strategy on stuff like this.

Who did?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 138 - 143
pizzzza
August 17, 2021, 12:50pm

Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +20 / -10
Approval: +6,721
Gold Stars: 137
Would it not be wise for the players to wear masks when together indoors?
Private Message
Reply: 139 - 143
15 Pages Prev ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Twitter rumour

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.