Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Top 7 League prediction.
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 133 Guests

Top 7 League prediction.

This thread currently has 2,410 views. Print
2 Pages 1 2 All Recommend Thread
lukeo
August 20, 2021, 10:22am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,405
Gold Stars: 149
Used the fishy calculator.

1     Torquay.       44     +26     91
2     Wrexham      44     +30     88
3     Notts County     44     +27     88
4     Grimsby             44     +18     86
5     Eastleigh     44     +23     85
6     Dagenham     44     +23     84
7     Chesterfield     44     +14     79

Thoughts?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Rick12
August 20, 2021, 10:36am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
I don't know all the characters inside and out that play for Grimsby as I can only get to watch Grimsby once or twice a season due to other commitments at the moment but what I would say is team morale and togetherness is key. Likewise a healthy competition for places is good as well as it  keeps players on their toes . At conference level on the whole the standard isn't going to be great . For me that's why someone character is going to be key. Cold and wet January sliding around on a pitch. Getting a few knocks here and there. This is where true character is tested . Maintaining consistency week in week out is what's likely going to give you a greater chance of getting results as well.

I think Grimsby will push  for the playoffs but just miss out though.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 11
Mariner_501
August 20, 2021, 12:12pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +14 / -8
Approval: +223
Gold Stars: 28
No way Stockport won’t be in there. Think town will finish just outside the play offs personally but fingers crossed
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 11
toontown
August 20, 2021, 12:14pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,277
Gold Stars: 70
Cant see Stockport not being in there. They finished third last season and they've strengthened considerably from there with the bulk of that squad.

Gives them a big advantage. The squad we have at the moment I don't think we will get top 7 quite,would love to be wrong. That striker Hurst wants (we all want) is hopefully going to be the difference that makes us a playoff team.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 11
Marinerdan
August 20, 2021, 12:23pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +15 / -1
Approval: +957
Gold Stars: 17
Swap Torquay for Stockport and it looks right.

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 11
GtfcGarner
August 20, 2021, 12:35pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +30 / -14
Approval: +1,794
Gold Stars: 26
Don't think Torquay will be back up there. Haven't they had 3 of their top players stripped from them? I think it depends on if we can get a striker in aswell, I don't think LJL or Taylor will be our 20 goal a season men. A three way tug of war for the title between Chesterfield, Wrexham and Stockport.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 11
RonMariner
August 20, 2021, 2:05pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,818
Gold Stars: 226
I think top 7 has to be the goal.  Once you get into the playoffs it's a question of who get the rub of the green at crucial moments.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 11
WOZOFGRIMSBY
August 20, 2021, 2:35pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,978
Gold Stars: 185
+18 goals

Optimistic without a striker 🤣

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 11
arryarryarry
August 20, 2021, 2:41pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,043
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from Rick12
I don't know all the characters inside and out that play for Grimsby as I can only get to watch Grimsby once or twice a season due to other commitments at the moment but what I would say is team morale and togetherness is key. Likewise a healthy competition for places is good as well as it  keeps players on their toes . At conference level on the whole the standard isn't going to be great . For me that's why someone character is going to be key. Cold and wet January sliding around on a pitch. Getting a few knocks here and there. This is where true character is tested . Maintaining consistency week in week out is what's likely going to give you a greater chance of getting results as well.

I think Grimsby will push  for the playoffs but just miss out though.

I would say the key is having someone who can score goals at one end of the pitch and a defence that can stop them going in the other end of the pitch.

You can have all the character you like but without that we are going nowhere. As for the conference level standard not being great, considering there are probably better teams there now that when we were last there, how come we struggled to get out with probably better players than we have now?
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 11
Rick12
August 20, 2021, 3:16pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from arryarryarry

I would say the key is having someone who can score goals at one end of the pitch and a defence that can stop them going in the other end of the pitch.

You can have all the character you like but without that we are going nowhere. As for the conference level standard not being great, considering there are probably better teams there now that when we were last there, how come we struggled to get out with probably better players than we have now?
Strikers that are good arry cost money and it's usually the team that pays the best that's more likely to get their man even at lower levels.

Good question about the old Grimsby Team struggling to get of the conference which like you say may have been better than the team now. I think that could be a range of issues. Team didn't gel as is sometimes the case or sometimes you stumble upon fortunately a group of characters that all mostly get on. As is the case in life not everyone gets on with each other and this can harm the teams performance.

I think another point is the manager. Paul Hurst is nice enough but doesn't strike me as a great motivator. He seems a bit dry . That's just the way he is and you can't change a great deal something that your inherently not. You see other managers up and down the league's that have that sparkle to them which can generally get more out of the players. Of the top of my head I like Jürgen Klopp and internationally Luis Enrique and Roberto Mancini. Then you get other managers that get the best out of players on the resources they have . A player at Newcastle loved playing under Rafa Bentiez due to the way he ran things. Very thorough.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 11
sonofmadeleymariner
August 20, 2021, 3:55pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.89
Rep Score: +20 / -9
Approval: +1,451
Gold Stars: 37
At the minute I've not seen anything to suggest we will finish higher then 12th. Hopefully I'm wrong and it was just preseason being preseason, but I don't think we have to squad to challenge

I don't mind Roy Keane making £60,000 a week. I was making the same when I was playing. The only difference was I was printing my own - Mickey Thomas

The area you are trying to protect at corners is the goal - Chris Kamara

I once said Gazza's IQ was less than his shirt number and he asked me: What's an IQ? - George Best
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 11
Northbank Mariner
August 20, 2021, 5:01pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,533
Gold Stars: 172
Still think we have a great spine to the squad in Macca, Pearson, long-king, fox, Coke and Macatee, liking the wings in Sousa and Revan which I believe gives us every chance of getting comfortably into the top 7.
And funnily enough, although he normally can't hit a cows ar£e with a banjo, I've got a sneaky feeling LJL could suprise a few at this level and bag 10+ goals
Where I worry is strength in depth, the 2 young lads from Coventry and Wednesday are quite ready for the aggression and physicality of this league, Clifton still struggles to pass anything further 5 yards  accurately. Not seen Corocombe play so can't pass judgement yet.
So in summary, we have a decent starting 11but imo lack back ups...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 11
2 Pages 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Top 7 League prediction.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.