jimgtfc
August 25, 2021, 6:56pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +22 / -5
Approval: +5,102
Gold Stars: 45
🤦🏼‍♂️

"Falls to Arnold... Arnold! That's it! Thats it! He's sealed it! Grimsby Town are back in the football league!!! Just a minute to go and Nathan Arnold makes it 3-1! Look at the scenes behind the goal! Look at the relief! The agony is finally over!!!"

John Tondeur - Wembley Stadium Sunday 15th May 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 92
Hagrid
August 25, 2021, 7:10pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,485
Gold Stars: 536
Barely played under Holloway, Hurst doesnt rate him, he hasnt found a taker for him. Says it all. He isnt good enough
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 92
headingly_mariner
August 25, 2021, 7:14pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,394
Gold Stars: 120
He’s shite and he’s deluded
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 92
thefish
August 25, 2021, 7:44pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +14 / -1
Approval: +2,255
Gold Stars: 67
Quoted from headingly_mariner
He’s shite and he’s deluded

So is Ira Jackson…
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 92
jamesgtfc
August 25, 2021, 8:09pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,041
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from monkeyboy
We have a goal scorer on the transfer list who is not being given a fair crack. He’s the most natural finisher we have had in the club for a while and has a seemingly good attitude.
Played a bit in a team that made no chances last season and for me could easily knock them away given the service.

It’s Ira  Jackson.  I liked him and think he deserves a run while we look for someone, might come good and save a few quid as he pretty cheap by all accounts.

Being able to hold down a conversation with Radio Humberside for 45 minutes does not mean you have good character.

Hurst has seen plenty of him around the place to make a better informed judgement on his ability and character than any of us.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 92
MuddyWaters
August 25, 2021, 8:56pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,288
Gold Stars: 236
Ira Jackson couldn’t hold down a starting place in a relegated team. Not good enough.
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 92
mariner91
August 25, 2021, 9:15pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,748
Gold Stars: 262
Quoted from monkeyboy
We have a goal scorer on the transfer list who is not being given a fair crack. He’s the most natural finisher we have had in the club for a while and has a seemingly good attitude.
Played a bit in a team that made no chances last season and for me could easily knock them away given the service.

It’s Ira  Jackson.  I liked him and think he deserves a run while we look for someone, might come good and save a few quid as he pretty cheap by all accounts.

If he was such a goal scorer at our level, why has nobody else given him a chance? He scored goals two divisions below the league we're in now, a world away from professional football. Nowhere near good enough and too old to make it in the professional game now if he can't get in the worst team in the FL.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 76 - 92
Rick12
August 25, 2021, 9:44pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from MuddyWaters
Ira Jackson couldn’t hold down a starting place in a relegated team. Not good enough.
Hurts to read that as I had high hopes for him when he signed for Grimsby. Struck me as someone with a very good heart and the determination to do well. Hope he still becomes a success if not league then at semi professional level. No shame in that as we can't all play for Real Madrid. Likewise even at semi professional level that's still decent and something to be proud about. Hence how many football fans are good enough to play semi pro football. Very few.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 77 - 92
Bignic69
August 26, 2021, 7:18am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +540
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from mariner91

If he was such a goal scorer at our level, why has nobody else given him a chance? He scored goals two divisions below the league we're in now, a world away from professional football. Nowhere near good enough and too old to make it in the professional game now if he can't get in the worst team in the FL.

He's 24 FFS, there are many players that have become FL players later on in life. Don't need to provide the obvious example.

Back of the net
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 78 - 92
lukeo
August 26, 2021, 7:22am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,405
Gold Stars: 149
To throw it out their, although I am not professional.. I'm 32 and I'd say (when I'm fit) I'm a better player now then i was when I was younger. Ok I've lost a bit of pace but the intelligence and experience counts for an extra yard or two..
What I'm trying to say 32-33 years old isn't a bad age at all for a professional footballer. Infact I'd say its the perfect age we should be looking for. Plenty of experience but still young enough to be fit.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 79 - 92
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Akinde

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.