10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
DB
September 8, 2021, 9:41pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.41
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,054
Gold Stars: 391
Defense, what defense. You could see a goal coming minutes earlier.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 80 - 94
HertsGTFC
September 8, 2021, 9:42pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,998
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from promotion plaice

A draw will do us fine.

Agree TBH

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 81 - 94
LH
September 8, 2021, 9:46pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,600
Gold Stars: 177
Andorra A, Hungary H, Albania H, San Marino A

I reckon Southgate could name the squad from this forum’s members and we’d still qualify (as long as he called the proper squad back up for the play off).
Private Message
Reply: 82 - 94
DB
September 8, 2021, 9:48pm
Barley Wine Drinker
We got what we deserved, a draw. We failed miserably to break down their defense and create any real chances. Our defense looked reasonable and then failed when all they had to do was see the game out. The Poles rode their luck at the end and got their goal, 2 points lost really.

I thought the TV coverage was very poor, with continuous shots of the crowd, bench, players whilst the game was in play. As for the ref, enough said.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 83 - 94
DB
September 8, 2021, 9:52pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from LH
Andorra A, Hungary H, Albania H, San Marino A

I reckon Southgate could name the squad from this forum’s members and we’d still qualify (as long as he called the proper squad back up for the play off).

Agree with you LH, as long he doesn't use any of that lot that played the first 60 mins against Andorra. I reckon Town at BP would give them a run for their money.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 84 - 94
jaygy
September 8, 2021, 9:57pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +7 / 0
Approval: +2,351
Gold Stars: 6
I would have taken a point at half time, Poland aren't a bad side but won't catch us now, this was their big chance to close the gap on us a little and put us under pressure going into the final games. We will still qualify easily. Interesting to see the poles celebrate like it was a win
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 85 - 94
ginnywings
September 8, 2021, 10:00pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,154
Gold Stars: 548
England weren't quite at it tonight and retreated too deep at the end there. Won't make a difference in the long run apart from depriving the team of breaking some long standing records.

Think Kane has looked a bit off the pace since all the speculation around his on off move, but he's scored for the 15th qualifier in a row and you can't argue with that stat.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 86 - 94
DB
September 8, 2021, 10:04pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from ginnywings
England weren't quite at it tonight and retreated too deep at the end there. Won't make a difference in the long run apart from depriving the team of breaking some long standing records.

Think Kane has looked a bit off the pace since all the speculation around his on off move, but he's scored for the 15th qualifier in a row and you can't argue with that stat.

No arguments about that Ginny. Kane showed his class with that goal.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 87 - 94
HertsGTFC
September 8, 2021, 10:21pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,998
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from DB
Defense, what defense. You could see a goal coming minutes earlier.

Other than about 20 mins ago considering Italy’s goal in the Euro final was after a corner I can’t remember when that back 4 and keeper last conceded a goal from open play.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 88 - 94
Maringer
September 8, 2021, 10:52pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,674
Gold Stars: 189
We set out to not lose and didn't lose. A pity that we conceded the equaliser at the end, but there were some heavy legs out there due to the lack of subs - I suspect that Southgate was attempting to make some sort of point or another by not making any changes, but it didn't quite work out.

It has been pretty easy for the big countries to qualify for tournaments in recent years and we are still coasting to the Finals in Qatar. It's a team which is very confident in possession (against lesser teams, at least), but still very cautious.

My main concern is that we are generally too reliant on Sterling to do something quick and tricky or Kane to score one at present. Nothing wrong with that per se, but I'd like to see us to try to be a bit more dynamic in attack and, without Kane or Sterling, I'm not really sure what we can achieve.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 89 - 94
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › England v Hungary/Andorra/Poland

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.