9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
MuddyWaters
September 4, 2021, 5:57pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,288
Gold Stars: 236
Great three points however unlikely it seemed after a couple of individual errors. Got to give credit to PH for sending the same team out for the second half as we looked decent enough going forward. Terrific goals to win it, great support from the fans and several excellent individual performances. McAtee looks outstanding at this level, Sousa much more effective when he stays wide, great finish by Taylor but I’ll go with Hunt as MoM not just for the goal but he drove us on most of the game.
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 86
Rodley Mariner
September 4, 2021, 6:00pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,258
Gold Stars: 180
I thought Hunt was superb. Really dictates play and got it wide early with some real quality. The winner was an absolute screamer but it was a lovely cross and header for the equaliser as well.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 86
marinette
September 4, 2021, 6:05pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +38 / -4
Approval: +320
Gold Stars: 3
What a game - from joy to despair to elation, a sending off, two penalties, seven goals and a happy ending.  Most entertaining game I've seen for a long time.

I think McAtee was my MOM although difficult to say.  Some worries in defence, and although we had plenty of shots on goal, there were occasions when I felt some of our players were a bit scared to have a go.  Hopefully the final scoreline (and goals) will boost confidence and give the new players a taste of what Blundell Park can be like on a good day.  Town support was superb.  BP was buzzing.

Private Message
Reply: 12 - 86
Oly1987
September 4, 2021, 6:11pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,228
Gold Stars: 22
What a great day out. met Mr Stockwood who took the time to go around the fanzone and chat to the supporters which is a breath of fresh air. Game was a mental one we shouldve probably have been 2 up before they pulled it back and then went ahead. 3rd goal for them was a suspicion of offside but then Barnet had a full on meltdown allowing us back in and eventually we came out on top. The attacking play today at times was sublime with the passing and moving. McAtee looks like a player leagues above this level (aside from gifting them the turnover in play for the second goal). Sousa looked threatening down the right and Bapaga kicked it up a gear in the second half. Hunt was brilliant as well overall a good performance with the only let down being a few sloppy goals.

Attachment: 20210904_132623_1036.jpg
Size: 1.25 MB

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 86
golfer
September 4, 2021, 6:13pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.29
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,450
Gold Stars: 118
I don't think the officials made 1 mistake between them, especially the one with the black and white flag.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 86
Pocklington Mariner
September 4, 2021, 6:24pm

Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Approval: +33
Quoted from DB

Log onto Abdul, match thread, for the winning Gooaaal.

Cheers for that
Just seen the highlights are on Bt sport 1 7.30 after the Yeovil game
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 86
WayneBurnettsJockstrap
September 4, 2021, 6:32pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.77
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +881
Gold Stars: 123

Cheers for that

Then they should be available on BT Sports Youtube channel later on this evening, or tomorrow, for those who dont get BT Sport on their TV
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 86
Pocklington Mariner
September 4, 2021, 6:36pm

Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Approval: +33
Quoted from DB

Log onto Abdul, match thread, for the winning Gooaaal.

Cheers for that
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 86
Mayaman
September 4, 2021, 6:37pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +3,422
Gold Stars: 74
McAtee has the same amount of goals as our top scorers in the league last season. That's how bad we were last year.  One more and he will equal Pollock in all comps.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 86
mariner91
September 4, 2021, 6:44pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,748
Gold Stars: 262
Stupid goals to give away but plenty of positives.

Some really nice play down the right with good movement and good link up play, particularly in the first 30. McAtee is an excellent player and is going to be so important.
Hunt is fantastic, dictates the tempo, makes the right decisions and so composed on the ball.
I like the look of both full backs, pretty solid defensively.
Sousa was very tricky and gave their defence a lot to think about.
Taylor is a good hold up striker and took his goal very well.
Waterfall was very good and as one of his biggest critics last season, I am eating a bit of humble pie.

Only players who weren't so good were Coke who was well off the pace, particularly towards the end of the first half. And Bapaga who just didn't really get anything right and offered no support to Crookes defensively.

Still, 7 points from 9 and creating lots of good opportunities. Things to work on defensively but I'm sure Hurst will sort that out. UTM!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 86
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.