6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 All Recommend Thread
thefish
September 13, 2021, 12:21pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +14 / -1
Approval: +2,255
Gold Stars: 67
It's the sort of top that I'd only buy after several strong beers... wait a minute, they're on to something here!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 56
diehardmariner
September 13, 2021, 12:57pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,704
Gold Stars: 543
Quoted from dapperz fun pub
I can’t see these flying off the shelf at fifty notes

I’ve been in docks a couple of times but didn’t find it anything special but I can see their marketing is first class and almost creates a aura about the place. Is docks a Grimsby owned company or are the owners from Leeds ?

Local I think.  To be fair to Will Douglas, who I think is one of the owners, he's very passionate about the local area and regenerating that area of the town.  

I think I heard rightly but on the latest 1878 interview with DN35 podcast I'm sure it was Pettit said when he got wind of Tom Shutes interest in buying Town, he reached out to a few people to see if anyone could put him in touch and Douglas was the one who did so.
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 56
KingstonMariner
September 13, 2021, 1:45pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.04
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from diehardmariner

Local I think.  To be fair to Will Douglas, who I think is one of the owners, he's very passionate about the local area and regenerating that area of the town.  

I think I heard rightly but on the latest 1878 interview with DN35 podcast I'm sure it was Pettit said when he got wind of Tom Shutes interest in buying Town, he reached out to a few people to see if anyone could put him in touch and Douglas was the one who did so.

Yeah I heard him say that.

Will Douglas is from That London but I think his mum is from GY/Clee.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 56
dapperz fun pub
September 13, 2021, 5:06pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +10,049
Gold Stars: 84
Will Douglas appears to front the whole thing looking in from afar but I was told the other partners were from Leeds , not saying this is fact just what I was told
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 56
thefish
September 13, 2021, 6:47pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +14 / -1
Approval: +2,255
Gold Stars: 67
Quoted from dapperz fun pub
Will Douglas appears to front the whole thing looking in from afar but I was told the other partners were from Leeds , not saying this is fact just what I was told

Who cares where he’s from? It’s a business in Grimsby that sells good beer and has a warm welcome… the sodomist could be from Mars for all I care!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 56
Rodley Mariner
September 13, 2021, 6:55pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,258
Gold Stars: 180
Will Douglas is a Town fan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 56
Withnail
September 13, 2021, 8:55pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +1,453
Gold Stars: 36
Douglas is indeed a Town fan, lives in Grimsby, reads the Fishy and has been a GTFC season ticket holder since 2014.  Two of the other Docks directors live in Cleethorpes and two live in Crowle (North Lincs). None of them are from, or live in Leeds.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 56
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Great Grimsby Shirt

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.