This thread currently has 6,270 views. Print
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
promotion plaice
November 14, 2021, 11:24am

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,081
Gold Stars: 200

Was so gutted after our performance/result yesterday that I forgot Sir Alan was going to be on the Football Forum after the game.

Anyone got a link ?

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 31
BS baffles brains
November 14, 2021, 1:46pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +33
Gold Stars: 1
I've certainly have no axe to grind with Alan Buckley, thought the guy was superb for town,  however good the football was it became a little predictable towards the end of his first stint as manager.  I do recall the first time I met the guy, at an action 88 meeting, was introduced to the guy, with family members, and he was told at the time that between us we had collectively been supporting town for a 100 odd years plus, bearing in mind they wanted a grand from each of us, was a little surprised by Buckley's reply of " aye and they still won't know anything about football, you don't unless you've played professional football"   Didn't influence our decision,  but good advice to some on here.    
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 31
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Alan

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.