dapperz fun pub
January 14, 2022, 10:16pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +10,049
Gold Stars: 84
Quoted from MuddyWaters
He’s a keeper whose weaknesses are as obvious as his strengths. Problem is that distribution and mobility are becoming more important in the game and they are two of his weaker facets.

He’s ok at this level but so is Crocombe. Crocombe is probably substantially cheaper.

I’m told by a person with strong links to Boston they offered him 700 a week  we offered more hence why we got him , so I’d assume he’s loads cheaper than macca
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 89
MuddyWaters
January 14, 2022, 10:17pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,288
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from ginnywings

We will probably get 2 keepers for what Macca is costing. Not knocking him; he negotiated a good contract when his stock was at it's highest.

I still find it quite bizarre that Fenty cut him such a deal and then moaned about it. He must have signed it off!
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 89
jamesgtfc
January 14, 2022, 10:18pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,041
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from dapperz fun pub

I’m told by a person with strong links to Boston they offered him 700 a week  we offered more hence why we got him , so I’d assume he’s loads cheaper than macca

I got told he was on the verge of signing as their first choice keeper and we came in at the last minute doubling his offer from Boston.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 89
Swansea_Mariner
January 14, 2022, 10:19pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,473
Gold Stars: 63
Quoted from MuddyWaters
He’s ok at this level but so is Crocombe. Crocombe is probably substantially cheaper.

Key point, I've been a massive Macca fan over the years but we are now a mid table conference side, no way can we afford to have one of our highest if not the  highest earners not even in the squad.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 89
dapperz fun pub
January 14, 2022, 10:22pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +10,049
Gold Stars: 84
Quoted from jamesgtfc

I got told he was on the verge of signing as their first choice keeper and we came in at the last minute doubling his offer from Boston.

They offered 700 we offered 1200 apparently we’re the figures I was quoted
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 89
jamesgtfc
January 14, 2022, 10:54pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,041
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from dapperz fun pub

They offered 700 we offered 1200 apparently we’re the figures I was quoted

I don't know what the average fifth division wage is but £1200 for a second choice keeper seems like a lot of money to me.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 89
mimma
January 14, 2022, 10:55pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,574
Gold Stars: 78
Since player's salaries are private and confidencial, I like to know where you all got your figures from?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 89
Simon
January 14, 2022, 11:20pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Approval: +234
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from mimma
Since player's salaries are private and confidencial, I like to know where you all got your figures from?

All pie in the sky, some people just like chatting excrement

All Town aren't we ..... UTM  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 89
Maringer
January 15, 2022, 12:12am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,674
Gold Stars: 189
Does it really matter if McKeown (Macca is a different person), earns £X amount? He's under contract. You can't just magically save money from the budget if you decide you don't want him any more. Unless another club wants to come in and offer us terms, we've got McKeown's, Cromcombe's and everyone else's wages to pay for the foreseeable. The same goes for Scannell, Grant and so forth. At least is seems as though Rose won't be a burden for much longer.

For what it's worth, Crocombe has made similar blunders to those we've seen from McKeown but he doesn't yet have the narrative that he's apparently useless. Unfortunately, the daft errors are what happens with 5th tier goalkeepers. Well, they happen with all goalkeepers, but more frequently the lower down the leagues you find yourself.

From the little I've seen, I'd say that Crocombe's kicking is a good bit better than McKeown's. No idea about the rest of his play as I've only seen the home games, during which he's made a blunder in one leading to a goal and didn't have a chance with the winner in the other.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 89
Theimperialcoroner
January 15, 2022, 12:45am

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -4
Approval: +5,276
Gold Stars: 103
Quoted from Maringer
Does it really matter if McKeown (Macca is a different person), earns £X amount? He's under contract. You can't just magically save money from the budget if you decide you don't want him any more. Unless another club wants to come in and offer us terms, we've got McKeown's, Cromcombe's and everyone else's wages to pay for the foreseeable. The same goes for Scannell, Grant and so forth. At least is seems as though Rose won't be a burden for much longer.

For what it's worth, Crocombe has made similar blunders to those we've seen from McKeown but he doesn't yet have the narrative that he's apparently useless. Unfortunately, the daft errors are what happens with 5th tier goalkeepers. Well, they happen with all goalkeepers, but more frequently the lower down the leagues you find yourself.

From the little I've seen, I'd say that Crocombe's kicking is a good bit better than McKeown's. No idea about the rest of his play as I've only seen the home games, during which he's made a blunder in one leading to a goal and didn't have a chance with the winner in the other.

[b][/b]

You didn’t seem Crocombes kicking on Tuesday then. Bloody terrible.

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 89
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Macca

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.