Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Hurst Out
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 12 Guests

Hurst Out

This thread currently has 36,824 views. Print
36 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
WayneBurnettsJockstrap
January 22, 2022, 7:39pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.78
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +856
Gold Stars: 118
I wonder how much longer, realistically, the owners will leave it before saying enough is enough.
The fans will be very vocal at matches and also on social media.
Surely they can't just turn their backs on what's happening and say everything is OK. The blinkers need taking off.
They need to be pre-booking a table at Ernie Becketts for the ensuing interviews tout suite.
There is nobody in-house who could possibly take over, so we need someone with a new outlook with tons of positivity.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 351
Mariner Ronnie
January 22, 2022, 7:41pm

Lower Findus
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +45 / -6
Approval: +1,100
Gold Stars: 6
5 pages 👀

Today we got our team back - town fan leaving Wembley may 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 351
Northbank Mariner
January 22, 2022, 7:42pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,503
Gold Stars: 171
Tweet 1484937826731012112 will appear here...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 351
petethemariner
January 22, 2022, 7:43pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +36 / -2
Approval: +1,011
Gold Stars: 16
5800 fans there today was incredible (particularly considering the awful form of the past 3 months) and it will be such a shame to lose this  won back support by doing nothing to address the situation, we all know that changing the management team would not automatically turn things round, but gates will drop and drop fast should this  slump continue.
I honestly feel that this management team have now had a fair crack at it and we are deteriorating, not improving.
Its almost certain  we are going nowhere this season now, so give a new manager the rest of this season under no pressure to establish a playing identity, because we sure as hell dont have one at the moment.
Having a forward thinking business model is all well and good, but performances and results are. what keeps bums on seats
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 351
Northbank Mariner
January 22, 2022, 7:45pm
Whiskey Drinker
Enough is enough....I've lost all support for Hurst, tactically inept and I'm sick to my back teeth of being sat in the pontoon watching and waiting for a substitution/s to happen that will change the game that never come...
Think the majority of the fan base is now slowly turning against him, which I get, but who's out there?..genuine question let's have some names we could constructively discuss...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 351
mariner91
January 22, 2022, 7:46pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,669
Gold Stars: 262
Quoted from Mariner Ronnie
5 pages 👀

Stupid argument. It’s not our job to identify managers who would be an improvement, most of us haven’t got the time to keep tabs on the literally hundreds of clubs and coaches/managers in English football

. And if you’re suggesting that there isn’t anybody out there available to us who could do a better job than 2 wins in 14 in non league then we may as well give up now.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 351
Mariner Ronnie
January 22, 2022, 7:48pm

Lower Findus
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from mariner91

Stupid argument. It’s not our job to identify managers who would be an improvement, most of us haven’t got the time to keep tabs on the literally hundreds of clubs and coaches/managers in English football

. And if you’re suggesting that there isn’t anybody out there available to us who could do a better job than 2 wins in 14 in non league then we may as well give up now.

G’won then name one.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 351
GollyGTFC
January 22, 2022, 7:52pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +5,988
Gold Stars: 356
We were talking about the quality of the squad on the way back. Realistically how many of them are good enough to be part of a promotion winning team? McAtee definitely. Maguire-Drew too.

After that we’re bang average.

I can take a season of nothingness if I can see something getting built. Slade I season 1 was an example of that.

I can’t honestly see what Hurst is building.

The team that ultimately got promoted last time; McKeown; Tait, Nsiala, Gowing, Robertson; Arnold, Disley, Clay, Nolan; Bogle, Amond. I don’t think anybody in our current squad would get into that team. McAtee maybe. And that wasn’t a team that won promotion in style. They got promoted with the lowest points total to ever get into the EFL.

Hurst built a whole new team last January. We built a whole new team last summer. And he’s signed 5 already this winter if you include Maguire-Drew and is talking about another 3 coming in. It’s getting on for a complete rebuild again. How many times do we allow him to try and build a good enough team.

Our form is terrible and our next 3 games are tough- Wrexham (away), Boreham Wood (home) & Notts County (away). Whether you still back Hurst or not, I don’t think anyone can honestly say if we sacked him now it would be harsh.

This morning I was 60:40 in favour of Hurst. I’m probably 50:50 now. If we sacked him tomorrow I would be fine with it.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 47 - 351
Northbank Mariner
January 22, 2022, 7:52pm
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from Mariner Ronnie

G’won then name one.

To name one is a tough question, do we go tried and tested or try an up and coming manager with a good record?...
I'll put a name out there but know I'll git shot down...Curtis Woodhouse, did wonders with Gainsborough and apparently had them playing attractive, attacking football....it's just a name to get the ball rolling..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 351
Mariner Ronnie
January 22, 2022, 7:54pm

Lower Findus
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from Northbank Mariner

To name one is a tough question, do we go tried and tested or try an up and coming manager with a good record?...
I'll put a name out there but know I'll git shot down...Curtis Woodhouse, did wonders with Gainsborough and apparently had them playing attractive, attacking football....it's just a name to get the ball rolling..

Good call, I’ll stick with hurst for a bit longer though 👌🏼

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 351
36 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Hurst Out

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.