Kris2
February 1, 2022, 3:03pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,632
Gold Stars: 136
Quoted from Poojah

Crikey. That’s some progress for the lad. One of the few players from last season that I’m sorry I never got to see play in town colours in the flesh. Probably the only one, actually.

One of the few who actually had a good attitude and put in an effort. Sometimes a bit too much that got him sent off but if he has managed to reign in the aggression he'll be a top player at most levels.
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 38
friskneymariner
February 1, 2022, 3:16pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,157
Gold Stars: 38
Quoted from Poojah

He’s made 20 first team appearances for Newcastle (most of them in the Premier League) so in theory that’s a very good signing for a League Two side.

The example I can never get my head around though is Mark Nicholls. He’d played nearly 40 times for a Chelsea side that was the first to really feature a host of foreign stars, had played in several European matches including the Champions League, and on occasion had been selected over Gianluca Vialli.

By the time we got him, still only in his early 20s, he was absolutely dreadful, and his career quickly fell off a cliff from there. Bizarre when you think about it.

Oh, and if course there’s the time someone paid £1m for Disco Des Hamilton. He must have had something about him at some point in his career, so where the fùck did it go?

My abiding memory of Mark Nichols is being elbowed in the face by Kevin Muscat,never have I seen such a disinterested player as Nicholls

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 38
Nelly GTFC
February 1, 2022, 3:16pm
'Usually Positive'
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +26 / -5
Approval: +2,761
Gold Stars: 31
Quoted from Lincoln Mariner 56
See Matty Longstaff, who scored the winner v Man Utd on his debut, has just joined Mansfield on loan, that’s some drop in standard.
I think Manchester United were keen on signing Longstaff a few year ago from Newcastle but they didn't want to sell, maybe that's one of the reasons why they rebuffed Jesse Lingard going the other way without crazy cash.

Performance / Top Scorers / Assists / Discipline - Grimsby Town Statistics >> [url]https://www.espn.co.uk/football/team/squad/_/id/386/eng.grimsby[/url]
Form Over Last 10 Games - Grimsby Town >> [url]https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/grimsby-town/form-guide/ten[/url]
Player Contracts - Grimsby Town >> [url]http://codalmighty.com/site/ca.php?article=4202[/url]
Links on football clubs inc Grimsby Town >> [url]https://footballclubforums.com/[/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 38
WOZOFGRIMSBY
February 1, 2022, 10:08pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,978
Gold Stars: 185
Quoted from friskneymariner

My abiding memory of Mark Nichols is being elbowed in the face by Kevin Muscat,never have I seen such a disinterested player as Nicholls

My palace supporting mates ‘still’ go on about that penalty he got

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 38
blundellpork
February 1, 2022, 10:49pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +3 / -2
Approval: +1,668
Gold Stars: 32
Quoted from friskneymariner

Although I would have seen him play, I’m too young to really remember. How disinterested was he, relative to Sam Kelly (left winger signed by Slade 2)?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 38
friskneymariner
February 1, 2022, 11:10pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,157
Gold Stars: 38
Quoted from blundellpork

Although I would have seen him play, I’m too young to really remember. How disinterested was he, relative to Sam Kelly (left winger signed by Slade 2)?

He was very arrogant and the look on his face conveyed he did wish to be on the pitch at all.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 38
Son of Cod
February 3, 2022, 2:54pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +5,331
Gold Stars: 196
Not worth a new thread on its own so just gonna put this in here. Brett Pitman is apparently signing for Eastleigh. Shame he's one of those that would never come this far up North to live as I reckon he'd have been a very solid signing for the second half of the season. Could see him banging a few in for them over the coming months.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 38
Withnail
February 3, 2022, 4:05pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +1,453
Gold Stars: 36
Quoted from Son of Cod
Not worth a new thread on its own so just gonna put this in here. Brett Pitman is apparently signing for Eastleigh. Shame he's one of those that would never come this far up North to live as I reckon he'd have been a very solid signing for the second half of the season. Could see him banging a few in for them over the coming months.

That'll be a great signing for Eastleigh. No doubt favours them over a northern club as there are regular year round flights from Soton to Jersey and it's not too far from Poole for the ferry over.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 38
WOZOFGRIMSBY
February 3, 2022, 6:04pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,978
Gold Stars: 185
Quoted from Withnail

That'll be a great signing for Eastleigh. No doubt favours them over a northern club as there are regular year round flights from Soton to Jersey and it's not too far from Poole for the ferry over.  

Poole, in Dorset ?

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 38
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Transfer Deadline Day

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.