11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 All Recommend Thread
Mariner93er
March 15, 2022, 11:07pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +9 / -4
Approval: +4,736
Gold Stars: 28
And the next 6 games look like they’ll decide our season, 5 of them against play off chasers.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 100 - 109
pizzzza
March 15, 2022, 11:19pm

Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +20 / -10
Approval: +6,721
Gold Stars: 137
Quoted from Poojah

Edit: there’s still the Boreham Wood home game to be arranged, which will be big too. But my general point remains intact, I think.

Is there a good reason why this is taking so long to be rearranged? It was called off weeks ago and there are no other uncertainties remaining in either club's calendar.
Private Message
Reply: 101 - 109
Poojah
March 15, 2022, 11:21pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,778
Gold Stars: 1,515
Quoted from pizzzza

Is there a good reason why this is taking so long to be rearranged? It was called off weeks ago and there are no other uncertainties remaining in either club's calendar.

I think it’s a mixture of of Boreham’s Wood’s ongoing fixture congestion and the National League’s long-standing ineptitude.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 102 - 109
Abdul19
March 15, 2022, 11:43pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,607
Gold Stars: 220
I think we should just play 1 3 hour long game against them at a neutral venue, a game the pundits can call a 12 pointer.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 103 - 109
forza ivano
March 15, 2022, 11:50pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,282
Gold Stars: 266
Quoted from Poojah

Agreed. Our next three games (Boreham Wood, Solihull and Dagenham) also look massive all of a sudden. Avoiding defeat in those is paramount, though nicking a win (or two) would put us in a really good position play-off wise.

Beyond that, aside from Chesterfield away and Stockport at home, our run in looks fairly rosy on paper, and a lot better than most. A crucial half-month lies ahead.

Edit: there’s still the Boreham Wood home game to be arranged, which will be big too. But my general point remains intact, I think.

errrrh, we've only got 12 games left, so that's half of them you are saying are tricky! Wouldn't say that constitutes a fortuitous run in!

ps looking at twitter pics there were a couple of hundred barrow at the scunts tonight , so the home support is already looking about the right level for Conference North!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 104 - 109
Poojah
March 16, 2022, 7:18am
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from forza ivano

errrrh, we've only got 12 games left, so that's half of them you are saying are tricky! Wouldn't say that constitutes a fortuitous run in!

ps looking at twitter pics there were a couple of hundred barrow at the scunts tonight , so the home support is already looking about the right level for Conference North!

Easy now; my posts was in two parts. The first, that the next three are crucial, and obviously tricky. We need to get through that period with as little damage as possible, because any points we lose are gained by other shooting for the same play-off places.

The second point was that, “beyond that”, the run in is better than most if not all of those immediately around us. Of 9 games. Only 3 are against fellow promotion contenders (2 of which are at home), and only 1 is a true 6-pointer.

And that’s a key point - there’s a very high concentration of games between our most immediate rivals which equates to a high level of guaranteed points lost between them.

I think my point stands; IF we can get through the next three games in decent nick, then our situation is probably significantly rosier than most. I was just attempting to break the challenge ahead of us down into smaller chunks.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 105 - 109
Les Brechin
March 16, 2022, 12:38pm

Posts Per Day: 4.16
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,726
Gold Stars: 174
IF (and I know it's a big IF) we beat Boreham Wood on Saturday, we'll go above them. Who'd have thought that just a few weeks ago!

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 106 - 109
jamesgtfc
March 16, 2022, 12:50pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,041
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from Les Brechin
IF (and I know it's a big IF) we beat Boreham Wood on Saturday, we'll go above them. Who'd have thought that just a few weeks ago!

Then we have to follow it up with a win next Tuesday against Solihull which would put us 5th (or potentially 4th if Wrexham wobble against Bromley and Halifax).
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 107 - 109
Les Brechin
April 4, 2022, 11:04am

Posts Per Day: 4.16
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,726
Gold Stars: 174
More games this Tuesday. What do we reckon would be the best results for us?

Dagenham & Redbridge v Boreham Wood
FC Halifax Town v Solihull Moors
King's Lynn Town v Bromley
Wealdstone v Maidenhead United
Wrexham v Barnet

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 108 - 109
Poojah
April 4, 2022, 11:28am
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Les Brechin
More games this Tuesday. What do we reckon would be the best results for us?

Dagenham & Redbridge v Boreham Wood
FC Halifax Town v Solihull Moors
King's Lynn Town v Bromley
Wealdstone v Maidenhead United
Wrexham v Barnet

I’d like to think Dagenham are no longer a threat we need to worry about. Even with a game in hand, if our 7 point advantage and superior goal difference isn’t enough to keep us ahead of them, it’s likely we’ve not done enough to make the play-offs anyway. Therefore I’d like to see them beat Boreham Wood, but a draw would by no means be a disaster.

I’m not convinced Solihull or Halifax are catchable now, so I’m not massively concerned about this one but if push came to shove, I’d marginally favour a Halifax win to keep Solihull just about in conceivable reaching distance.

I’d put Bromley into a similar category to Dagenham, and I reckon reaching Wembley in the Trophy at the weekend could well be the death knell for their play-off hopes. Of course, if I could choose, I’d happily take a Kings Lynn victory to more or less put Bromley to bed.

Wrexham I don’t greatly care about at this stage. In my opinion they won’t win the league (we may as well give that to Stockport now) but will almost certainly finish top 3 with one of Halifax or Solihull. I think they’ll beat Barnet.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 109 - 109
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Tuesday night

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.