9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
monkeyboy
February 24, 2022, 11:27am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +4 / -8
Approval: -167
Gold Stars: 26
Surely he is miles better than Clifton on the left? no disrepect to clifton but its clearly not his position.
Then again Scannel could wekk be coming back into the fold so do we need Vernham? looked good against Aldershot with minimal game time.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 88
Poojah
February 24, 2022, 11:35am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,778
Gold Stars: 1,515
Out of interest why would Bradford allow a player, who has had reasonable game time, to leave right now when they have just appointed a new manager?

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 88
quebec38
February 24, 2022, 11:38am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +6 / -1
Approval: +1,588
Gold Stars: 48
I may have misheard or misinterpreted it but I thought Hurst said (before signing of Mani) that we only had 2 loans left and they would be reserved for in case of an emergency.

I can’t see us using a last loan spot up on Vernam tbh. Holloway seemed to unlock something extraordinary in him for a few months but there is nothing to suggest he’s carried that on is there? Granted he’s been in an out of the side at Bradford.

We have enough wingers, if it were up to me I wouldn’t be trying for this move*

*I appreciate there is no evidence that anything regarding this rumour is factual.
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 88
Poojah
February 24, 2022, 11:43am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,778
Gold Stars: 1,515
Quoted from quebec38
I may have misheard or misinterpreted it but I thought Hurst said (before signing of Mani) that we only had 2 loans left and they would be reserved for in case of an emergency.

I can’t see us using a last loan spot up on Vernam tbh. Holloway seemed to unlock something extraordinary in him for a few months but there is nothing to suggest he’s carried that on is there? Granted he’s been in an out of the side at Bradford.

*I appreciate there is no evidence that anything regarding this rumour is factual.

Vernam strikes me as a player who, whilst never prolific in league football, would be too clever for this level (as his 3 goals in 5 games for Chorley in 2019 would indicate).

Defenders in the National League, whilst often physically dominant, lack the smarts and quick thinking to thwart intelligent players. For me, that’s what’s at the heart of the likes of Tshimanga, Amond and Connell having such impressive scoring records in this division.

I’m not suggesting he’d be as deadly as those above, but o do think he’d add something to us. That said, I think the rumour is bollócks so it’s all rather immaterial.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 88
GollyGTFC
February 24, 2022, 12:49pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +6,057
Gold Stars: 358
Quoted from quebec38

Why does it have to be a loan. He’s out of contact in the summer so we could sign him on a free even if it’s only in effect taking over the remaining time on his contract.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 64 - 88
quebec38
February 24, 2022, 12:52pm
Snakebite drinker
Quoted from GollyGTFC

Why does it have to be a loan. He’s out of contact in the summer so we could sign him on a free even if it’s only in effect taking over the remaining time on his contract.

The first post containing the “rumour” stated that he is due to leave on loan. That was all I was going off.

FWIW if he became available in the summer on a free I think he would be worth looking at.
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 88
GollyGTFC
February 24, 2022, 1:09pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +6,057
Gold Stars: 358
Quoted from quebec38

The first post containing the “rumour” stated that he is due to leave on loan. That was all I was going off.

FWIW if he became available in the summer on a free I think he would be worth looking at.

If he’s worth signing in the summer surely he’s worth signing at any point before that?
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 66 - 88
MuddyWaters
February 24, 2022, 1:15pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,288
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from GollyGTFC

If he’s worth signing in the summer surely he’s worth signing at any point before that?

Especially given injuries to Taylor, Maguire-Drew and Wright.
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 88
quebec38
February 24, 2022, 1:23pm
Snakebite drinker
Quoted from GollyGTFC

As I said, I think PH said we now have one loan left for the season. IMO I don’t think it would be wise to use that last loan on an extra winger when it could be used better elsewhere in the squad.
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 88
TwoLeftFeet
February 24, 2022, 1:24pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +2,102
Gold Stars: 19
Would be surprised if A) he leaves Bradford before there new manager has a look at him and B) if he did leave now or in summer he drops down to National league
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 88
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Charles Vernam

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.