4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
dapperz fun pub
March 8, 2022, 10:29am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +10,049
Gold Stars: 84
Lincoln got lucky they gambled on the cowleys and it worked out very well for them I don’t think no magic wand was waved. I know they’ve built a new training facility and they’ve engaged the public like never before but i fully expect to be playing them in the foreseeable future
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 30
diehardmariner
March 8, 2022, 3:01pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,704
Gold Stars: 543
You make your own luck don't you?

The appointment of the Cowley's was a good decision, it's that simple.  They were progressive managers with an approach that was streets ahead of the league they were in at the time and in the space of a summer transformed Lincoln from a mid-table also ran side into a side that finished top.  From 61 points to 99 points doesn't come via luck alone.  That came from good signings, excellent adoption of sports science, tactical maturity and making sure the side had every possible advantage possible.

Of course there's an element of luck to every managerial appointment.  On paper you can bring someone in that looks like a quality decision, a few injuries and that can easily change.  But even if we're accounting for a little bit of luck under the Cowley's, what followed is anything but.  Success brought new bums on seats, a well run club keeps those bums on seats and takes advantage of the feel good factor.  That's the difference between Lincoln since their promotion back into League Two and our promotion.

They may well be in the same league as us soon.  I've said before I think their bubble will burst before long.  But with a progressive approach, good training facilities and a board with the ability to bring in fresh investment, they're certainly in a better position than 6 years ago.
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 30
March 8, 2022, 4:32pm
Guest User
Who cares about Lincoln depression, we are 1 place off the playoffs and top of the National League Form Table.  There ain't no depression here mate!  UTM!
Reply: 12 - 30
FishOutOfWater
March 9, 2022, 1:53pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.14
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,578
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from 800

I know the feeling. I'd barely missed a game home and away in months aggravating what became severe bronchitis and for a near zilch return.

I went abroad for a few weeks to catch some sunshine and was actually coughing up blood when the 5 1 score came through, just after I'd managed to see a doctor.  A bit of me didn't know whether to laugh or cry.

It was an unbelievable end to the game mate

The Imps got back in it with an iffy penalty but then we just went crazy, scoring with nearly every attack; Proudlock and JLAA on fire for once

If you want I can give you a more comprehensive report but you'll probably end up spitting feathers  

UTFM
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 13 - 30
NorfolkImp
March 9, 2022, 6:41pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.48
Rep Score: +11 / -10
Approval: -524
Gold Stars: 11
Quoted from dapperz fun pub
Lincoln got lucky they gambled on the cowleys and it worked out very well for them I don’t think no magic wand was waved. I know they’ve built a new training facility and they’ve engaged the public like never before but i fully expect to be playing them in the foreseeable future

Care to share that prediction Dapperz … 1, 3, 5 years or a decades time?

Whilst we look forward to Derby County next season, there’s a fair chance you’ll be facing Dorking  Wanderers?

Private Message
Reply: 14 - 30
lew chaterleys lover
March 9, 2022, 9:42pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,761
Gold Stars: 237
Quoted from NorfolkImp

Care to share that prediction Dapperz … 1, 3, 5 years or a decades time?

Whilst we look forward to Derby County next season, there’s a fair chance you’ll be facing Dorking  Wanderers?

You make it sound like you are about to qualify for the Champions League. On the back of a few good years, you are 18th in league 1 for goodness sake. We will be meeting you again in the league soon enough.
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 30
KingstonMariner
March 9, 2022, 9:49pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.04
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218

You make it sound like you are about to qualify for the Champions League. On the back of a few good years, you are 18th in league 1 for goodness sake. We will be meeting you again in the league soon enough.

You’ve changed your tune. On another thread you were implying we’ve got no chance.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 30
lew chaterleys lover
March 9, 2022, 10:09pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from KingstonMariner

You’ve changed your tune. On another thread you were implying we’ve got no chance.

Are you sure it was me? I have been generally supportive of the way we have been playing. Like most posters I am able to change my mind as circumstances change but I cannot recall saying we have got no chance.

What post are you referring to? I think you are getting me mixed up with someone else.

Private Message
Reply: 17 - 30
KingstonMariner
March 9, 2022, 11:13pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.04
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218

Are you sure it was me? I have been generally supportive of the way we have been playing. Like most posters I am able to change my mind as circumstances change but I cannot recall saying we have got no chance.

What post are you referring to? I think you are getting me mixed up with someone else.

How about the one in the just back thread when you said

“ I wonder after all these years in the game why Hurst does not have a plan B - ie not just make like for like changes but move personnel about and change formation whilst also bringing fresh legs on?

Having said that most subs this season have had very little effect and sometimes made us worse. It's a conundrum that him and his coaches will have to sort out as it is becoming a real problem.  With Scannell JMD and Manny on the bench it surely gives options to really shake things up if it is not going well?

One suggestion would be if we go behind in the second half immediately take the holding midfielder off and change to a more attacking formation.”

Doesn’t sound like the views if a man with a lot of confidence in our prospects.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 30
lew chaterleys lover
March 9, 2022, 11:22pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from KingstonMariner

How about the one in the just back thread when you said

“ I wonder after all these years in the game why Hurst does not have a plan B - ie not just make like for like changes but move personnel about and change formation whilst also bringing fresh legs on?

Having said that most subs this season have had very little effect and sometimes made us worse. It's a conundrum that him and his coaches will have to sort out as it is becoming a real problem.  With Scannell JMD and Manny on the bench it surely gives options to really shake things up if it is not going well?

One suggestion would be if we go behind in the second half immediately take the holding midfielder off and change to a more attacking formation.”

Doesn’t sound like the views if a man with a lot of confidence in our prospects.

Oh that's flipping pathetic. That is just a reasonable comment in reply to another poster about the game and particularly the substitutions.

How on earth does that equate to weve got no chance?

You are seeing things that aren't there and trying to justify a complete fabrication on your part.
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 30
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Depression starts here

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.