GollyGTFC
March 10, 2022, 11:50am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +6,057
Gold Stars: 358
Quoted from aldi_01
Still nothing for Bournemouth? Different type of oligarch I assume?

Alexei Navalny has Roman Abramovich at number 1 in his list of Putin’s friends who hold his stolen wealth. Abramovich should have been the first oligarch sanctioned.

The Bournemouth owner made his fortune as a trader, is now a British citizen and is not an oligarch.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 10 - 77
TownSNAFU5
March 10, 2022, 12:03pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,907
Gold Stars: 42
No more ticket sales and the club shop shut.  Assuming Chelsea progress in the CL then probably no tickets available, even if they get to the final in Paris.  Which was ironically moved from Russia!

Chelsea reap what they sow.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 77
jamesgtfc
March 10, 2022, 12:11pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,041
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from TownSNAFU5
No more ticket sales and the club shop shut.  Assuming Chelsea progress in the CL then probably no tickets available, even if they get to the final in Paris.  Which was ironically moved from Russia!

What happens at the end of the season when next seasons income is due? If the club can't receive revenue from fans in the form of tickets or merchandise then surely they won't be allowed to receive revenue from the Premier League or broadcasters for example?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 77
GollyGTFC
March 10, 2022, 12:13pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +6,057
Gold Stars: 358
Quoted from TownSNAFU5

Chelsea will run out of money very, very quickly. I would imagine the ban on player sales will mean players will be able to terminate their contracts without penalty.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 13 - 77
Abdul19
March 10, 2022, 12:21pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,607
Gold Stars: 220
Bad couple of days for Chelsea, what with John Terry's cartoon monkeys losing 90% of their value.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 77
pontoonlew
March 10, 2022, 12:22pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +9,091
Gold Stars: 178
Hard to feel sorry for Chelsea fans, especially given the fact they saw it fit to chant his name during a tribute towards Ukraine. In fact I’d go so far as to say there’s no other club that deserves this more than them.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 77
Hagrid
March 10, 2022, 12:24pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,489
Gold Stars: 537
[quote=872]Hard to feel sorry for Chelsea fans, especially given the fact they saw it fit to chant his name during a tribute towards Ukraine. In fact I’d go so far as to say there’s no other club that deserves this more than them.[/quote]

completely agree, male masturbators, hope they go pop
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 77
LH
March 10, 2022, 12:44pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,599
Gold Stars: 177
Absolutely hilarious this - almost makes up for the 7-1. While the assets can be unfrozen quickly I’m not sure the fortunes of a football club are going to make a massive difference to a man set on world domination.
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 77
RichMariner
March 10, 2022, 12:45pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,165
Gold Stars: 211
As things stand, it looks very, very bleak for Chelsea.

They could lose all their assets. Players have effectively been earning, in part, Russian money, and a lot of the revenue the club now generates through sponsorship and broadcast media has been earned by their success on the pitch — funded, in the main, by Russian money.

Even if you're a player who doesn't like to think about the root of your pay packet, you'd be worried about your media profile. Will your sponsors want to continue their association with you while you remain at Chelsea?

I'd imagine every agent of every Chelsea player right now is on the phone, trying to find their client a way out. There's likely to be a mass exodus. Not sure how soon that will happen, but no one will want to hang around.

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 18 - 77
Morris Minor
March 10, 2022, 12:47pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +0 / -5
Approval: -606
Gold Stars: 12
It's funny but I remember talking about Chelsea when he first took over.
We thought then that it will all go pear shape if he throws his toys out of the pram sometime!
That hasn't happened but Uncle Bojo has taken them instead. Same outcome.
Watch this space regarding Bournemouth and Everton.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 77
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Chelsea

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.