Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back in the Car.
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 131 Guests

Just Back in the Car.

This thread currently has 4,461 views. Print
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
GrimRob
March 19, 2022, 10:21pm

Posts Per Day: 2.11
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,452
Gold Stars: 114
Hard to believe that BW were a) at home, b) above us in the table. They approached the game as though we were a division higher than them. Hopefully, we will be next season.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 10 - 16
louth_in_the_south
March 20, 2022, 6:01am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,710
Gold Stars: 96

Very good post and I apologise for previous nastiness. It was unwarranted. x

When I saw you had quoted me I was actually looking forward to seeing what abuse was coming my way so pretty disappointed to see this response. Feel free to say what your really thinking ffs

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 16
pen penfras
March 20, 2022, 9:02am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.66
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -134
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from HertsGTFC

But we need to start having our day if we’re going to get in the top 7.

We'll likely be in the top 7 even if we lose to those above us because our last 6 games are the easiest out of everyone's. But if we can't beat them it seems basically futile getting to the playoffs because our record is so poor against the better teams
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 16
Hagrid
March 20, 2022, 9:03am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,485
Gold Stars: 536
Quoted from pen penfras

We'll likely be in the top 7 even if we lose to those above us because our last 6 games are the easiest out of everyone's. But if we can't beat them it seems basically futile getting to the playoffs because our record is so poor against the better teams

I’d say Notts are easier considering they have dover twice.

I think we’re in good form and if we get through the next 2 with 4 points i fancy us going to Chesterfield and getting something
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 16
Son of Cod
March 20, 2022, 10:32am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +5,331
Gold Stars: 196
Agree with pretty much everything said in this thread. Any other day McAtee buries that second big chance he had. Probably Amos' best performance that I've seen, albeit his delivery into the box let him down a few times which is surprising as it's probably been one of the most positive parts of his game so far in a Town shirt. I think with him and Crookes we have a couple of left backs good enough for a promotion race, I'd have them both signed up for next season pronto if they aren't already (can't be bothered to check that right now). Over on the other side of defence though, I'm becoming less and less convinced by Efete who put in a urine poor performance yesterday. Gave the ball away needlessly so many times when we were on the front foot. Not for the first time, we saw McAtee visibly frustrated with the lack of intelligence down that right hand side. Sousa and Efete are essentially just runners. The sooner JMD is match fit the better as it's clear to see he's a cut above Sousa and did more in ten mins than Sousa did all match. As has been said, Smith and Waterfall were dominant for the entire match, didn't give them a sniff until Burgess saved the day with a superb block late on. Hard match for Taylor to come back into too, feeding off scraps of which a lot were aerial punts, but had two giants deployed against him.

Decent result on paper, but ultimately it's two points dropped. However, it's a point that will look a lot better if it's backed up with a victory over Solihull on Tuesday who I think are gonna come to BP and give us a proper game.

Quoted from Hagrid

I’d say Notts are easier considering they have dover twice.

I think we’re in good form and if we get through the next 2 with 4 points i fancy us going to Chesterfield and getting something

Yep Notts have the easiest run in, think they only had 3 of the playoff/auto contenders to play and 1 of them was Daggers yesterday so only 2 now. We've got 4 left I believe.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 16
diehardmariner
March 22, 2022, 2:37pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,705
Gold Stars: 543
Quoted from Sussexmariner
Game was there to be won, only one team in it in the second half.
Sorry to bring up the old chestnut up but Hurst and his timing for the substitutions, Sousa and Taylor had OK games with Sousa the odd decent run in the first half but Taylor was mostly ineffective all game not his fault but against 2 huge centre half’s he was never going to get the better of them. Town looked better with Drew on and in the short time he was on the pitch did far more than Sousa did.
Why wait so long for the change? The game was there to be won, I don’t know why Scannell never started?  surely he deserve to keep his place at least we all know he can provide quality crosses that we clearly lacked all game.

In agreement with this.  Hurst made his subs too late.  I was disappointed that we didn't run at their fullbacks a bit more.  Sousa had Fyfield on toast in the first five minutes and then we stopped playing the ball out to him.  Both Amos and Efete were bombing onto quite good effect and I felt it was crying out for someone from a wide area to take advantage of the space created.  Sousa drifted out of the game and Clifton isn't a winger.  

Equally so in the middle of the park it was too much of same and same from Burgess and Coke.  Burgess is the one who wants to press on but (and I don't take pleasure in saying this) but Coke is a bit of a hindrance now.  He slows the play down and if I'm being brutal gets in the way at times.  I understand Coke's value against teams who may dominate in midfield, but Boreham Wood were not that team.  They completely bypassed their midfield at every opportunity.   Burgess pressed more in the games when he's had a more mobile partner alongside him.   Even still I'm not sure he's the type who is naturally going to push on every time.  It's repeating lots of what is always said but moving Clifton inside looked the most obvious move to me.  

Up top McAtee drifted in and out of the game and he really should have done better with two of his chances.  Taylor looked rusty, not quite sure I understand pushing him back into the starting eleven ahead of two guys who are match fit and have done well in recent weeks.  

On paper a good point away at a promotion rival.  On the day, 2 points lost.  Boreham Wood were there for the taking and the better teams in this division would have gone there and turned them over.
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 16
Hagrid
March 22, 2022, 2:42pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,485
Gold Stars: 536
Quoted from diehardmariner

In agreement with this.  Hurst made his subs too late.  I was disappointed that we didn't run at their fullbacks a bit more.  Sousa had Fyfield on toast in the first five minutes and then we stopped playing the ball out to him.  Both Amos and Efete were bombing onto quite good effect and I felt it was crying out for someone from a wide area to take advantage of the space created.  Sousa drifted out of the game and Clifton isn't a winger.  

Equally so in the middle of the park it was too much of same and same from Burgess and Coke.  Burgess is the one who wants to press on but (and I don't take pleasure in saying this) but Coke is a bit of a hindrance now.  He slows the play down and if I'm being brutal gets in the way at times.  I understand Coke's value against teams who may dominate in midfield, but Boreham Wood were not that team.  They completely bypassed their midfield at every opportunity.   Burgess pressed more in the games when he's had a more mobile partner alongside him.   Even still I'm not sure he's the type who is naturally going to push on every time.  It's repeating lots of what is always said but moving Clifton inside looked the most obvious move to me.  

Up top McAtee drifted in and out of the game and he really should have done better with two of his chances.  Taylor looked rusty, not quite sure I understand pushing him back into the starting eleven ahead of two guys who are match fit and have done well in recent weeks.  

On paper a good point away at a promotion rival.  On the day, 2 points lost.  Boreham Wood were there for the taking and the better teams in this division would have gone there and turned them over.

well they havent lost at home so not sure on that
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 16
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back in the Car.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.