3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
ska face
March 21, 2022, 10:57am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,780
Gold Stars: 852
If sitting in traffic on the M25 for 5 minutes longer than you had otherwise been sat in traffic that day is completely and utterly disruptive to your life, then I’m afraid I have bad news about climate change.
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 21
Mariner Ronnie
March 21, 2022, 11:04am

Lower Findus
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +45 / -6
Approval: +1,100
Gold Stars: 6
Where’d you get 5 minutes from? Surely traffic held up is bad news for climate change.

Today we got our team back - town fan leaving Wembley may 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 21
Maringer
March 21, 2022, 11:41am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,674
Gold Stars: 189
If it's getting people thinking about it, the protestors are achieving their aims.

Over the past week, temperatures at one station in Antarctica were 40 degrees C higher than the average at this time of the year at the same time that temperatures in parts of the Arctic were 30 degrees C higher.

If substantial parts of the Antarctic ice sheets melt, sea level will rise by several metres. If/when that occurs, we can say bye bye to Cleethorpes within a few years. Not to mention much of Bangladesh and half of the world's coastal cities. Perhaps worth thinking about a bit.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 21
Gaffer58
March 21, 2022, 4:01pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.87
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,096
Gold Stars: 33
Instead of fastening themselves to goalposts why don’t they do it to either the gates to Downing Street, Buckingham Palace railings or the fence round parliament.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 21
KingstonMariner
March 21, 2022, 4:09pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.04
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Mariner Ronnie

What about blocking the M25?

flipping hell! Moan about it disrupting the traffic then they go and disrupt something less important and you’re still moaning. intercourse sake, it’s not even a Town game. Nothing, absolutely nothing must get in the way of your convenience or pleasure, however minor.

I suppose you were even whinging when they protested st the BAFTAs.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 21
ska face
March 21, 2022, 4:13pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,780
Gold Stars: 852
Quoted from Gaffer58
Instead of fastening themselves to goalposts why don’t they do it to either the gates to Downing Street, Buckingham Palace railings or the fence round parliament.

How many people around the world would see that? Just another day & another Downing St protest.

How many people have seen that one from last week? Tens of millions across the world.
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 21
jamesgtfc
March 21, 2022, 4:14pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,041
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from Gaffer58

What inconvenience does that cause to normal people though? Premier League games are televised and viewed by millions of people so it has a wider impact than someone tie-wrapping themselves to the gates of Buckingham Palace.

The M25 and protests affecting other forms of transport cause wide disruption and gets people talking about the issue.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 21
Mariner Ronnie
March 21, 2022, 6:15pm

Lower Findus
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +45 / -6
Approval: +1,100
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from KingstonMariner

flipping hell! Moan about it disrupting the traffic then they go and disrupt something less important and you’re still moaning. intercourse sake, it’s not even a Town game. Nothing, absolutely nothing must get in the way of your convenience or pleasure, however minor.

I suppose you were even whinging when they protested st the BAFTAs.

How about they disrupt nothing at all? To be honest I’m not that arsed, I just had nothing better to nominate this week, this forum has turned from funny to salty, no wonder all the good posters have fecked off.

Today we got our team back - town fan leaving Wembley may 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 21
aldi_01
March 21, 2022, 6:31pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473

How about they disrupt nothing at all? To be honest I’m not that arsed, I just had nothing better to nominate this week, this forum has turned from funny to salty, no wonder all the good posters have fecked off.

And yet here you still are…I bet you moan about the timings of substitutions too…

To be fair, good on the lad, I’d get myself all confused if I tried anything like that…

I nominate Fenty…as always…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 21
KingstonMariner
March 21, 2022, 6:43pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.04
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218

Well you could follow their example

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 21
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Football Twit of the Week 🎖

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.