2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
supertown
March 22, 2022, 8:08am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +25 / -9
Approval: +3,470
Gold Stars: 53
With all the teams around us playing each other I think tonight’s game is the biggest of the season so far . Need a victory . Come on Town , keep the season alive
Logged Offline
Private Message
Poojah
March 22, 2022, 8:34am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,767
Gold Stars: 1,509
It is indeed a big evening, with Notts County at home to Boreham Wood and Bromley with a tricky tie away at Yeovil. With Dagenham away as well, we could have the opportunity to put them out of the picture on Saturday.

I maintain, though, that the most important thing is not to lose games like tonight. I would be delighted with 4 points from our next two games, both at home of course, as it would put us in great shape for our final 11 games.

Despite the challenges we’ve had in central midfield, assuming the Irish lad does indeed sign today, I think the squad is looking in pretty good shape with Maguire Drew and Taylor coming back to fitness, Scannell seemingly ready and available and the likes of Fox hopefully not too far away either.

A few weeks ago I felt we were a long shot for the play-offs. A lot rests on these next two games, but as I sit here this morning I feel about as confident about our prospects as I have done since we came out of our mid-season tailspin.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 15
HertsGTFC
March 22, 2022, 8:57am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,996
Gold Stars: 228
If we win this we’ll jump above our opponents in the play off positions, that’s what true play off contenders do, come on Town!!

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 15
thefish
March 22, 2022, 9:11am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +14 / -1
Approval: +2,255
Gold Stars: 67
With some tough games in the next few, followed by an easier run towards the end of the season, I think we need to just stay in touch.

If we can be 'around' the playoffs after the match with Stockport, you'd hope we could put a bit of a run together in those last few games to cement a place within them!*

*If only it were that easy!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 15
jamesgtfc
March 22, 2022, 9:15am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,041
Gold Stars: 190
Us and Boreham Wood go into the last week of the season with a game in hand which could be very key. Which team has a free weekend on the last day of the season? Is it one of our play-off rivals?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 15
Kristine
March 22, 2022, 9:38am
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +7 / 0
Approval: +1,192
Gold Stars: 41
No only team not playing last round of fixtures is Kings Lynn I think

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 15
MuddyWaters
March 22, 2022, 9:43am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,288
Gold Stars: 236
Without using the term 'must win', I think a win tonight would be a great statement of intent for the remaining fixtures. Fully aware that we've got to play D & R, Chesterfield, Stockport & Boreham Wood but three of those games are at home and with the impending arrival of Holohan and others returning, we should be looking to win our home fixtures.
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 15
Mayaman
March 22, 2022, 9:47am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +3,421
Gold Stars: 74
Bit thin for choices in central midfield.  As much as I like Taylor, I would like Mani to start , he is a presence.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 15
TownSNAFU5
March 22, 2022, 12:08pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,907
Gold Stars: 42
If we win and Notts County draw then we jump 3 places to 5th.  That would be an achievement.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 15
exiledmeggie
March 22, 2022, 1:55pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +1 / -6
Approval: -209
Gold Stars: 19
It is going to get rather bouncy! Wish all well in the Pontoon. #UTM

Living in Exile since 1980, but still have Black and White blood!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 15
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Biggest game of the season

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.