6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
GrimRob
April 6, 2022, 11:03pm

Posts Per Day: 2.11
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,452
Gold Stars: 114
Blundell Park is free if they need a venue

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 40 - 50
dapperz fun pub
April 14, 2022, 9:05pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +10,049
Gold Stars: 84
West Ham’s ground apparently
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 50
ponnyfan
April 15, 2022, 6:11am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.44
Rep Score: +36 / -3
Approval: +94
Quoted from Son of Cod
Old Trafford would be perfect if it's any two of us, Stockport, Wrexham, Notts or Chesterfield. Villa Park if it's any of the above vs Solihull, Daggers, Bromley or Borehamwood. I agree that Wembley is unnecessarily big for a National League playoff final. Nothing worse than seeing a sea of red seats and about 3,000 fans

And it’s always bloody freezing 😂

The Icenian Prediction League Winner 2011  .......the first Champion!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 50
ponnyfan
April 15, 2022, 6:11am
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from Son of Cod
Old Trafford would be perfect if it's any two of us, Stockport, Wrexham, Notts or Chesterfield. Villa Park if it's any of the above vs Solihull, Daggers, Bromley or Borehamwood. I agree that Wembley is unnecessarily big for a National League playoff final. Nothing worse than seeing a sea of red seats and about 3,000 fans

And it’s always bloody freezing 😂

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 50
ponnyfan
April 15, 2022, 8:19am
Special Brew Drinker
It’s at London Stadium

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 50
aldi_01
April 15, 2022, 8:26am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
So, this seems like a badly thought out idea. Let’s assume town and Wrexham get to the final, there’s a genuine possibility that not everyone could get a ticket…

Now I’m fully aware it could also be Solihull and Halifax and you’d only need a ground that holds 5000 but still…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 50
Poojah
April 15, 2022, 8:41am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,767
Gold Stars: 1,509
Quoted from aldi_01
So, this seems like a badly thought out idea. Let’s assume town and Wrexham get to the final, there’s a genuine possibility that not everyone could get a ticket…

Now I’m fully aware it could also be Solihull and Halifax and you’d only need a ground that holds 5000 but still…

This was my initial thought but I think it should just about scrape through regardless of the teams which make it through.

There were 35,000 at the 2013 FA Trophy final between Town and Wrexham, which was their first ever appearance at Wembley.

I definitely think Town would take more under the current circumstances than we did then; it will definitely be a damn site warmer than it was that day. Wrexham too would almost certainly take more, and I’d be surprised if the Hollywood boys didn’t put on as much free travel as demand necessitated, but that still gives you a 25,000 buffer.

I think the biggest combination in terms of attendance would be Wrexham vs Notts County, but even then I reckon the ground would manage. Let’s hope it’s something we get to worry about in a few weeks’ time.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 50
toontown
April 15, 2022, 8:59am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,278
Gold Stars: 70
Quoted from Poojah

This was my initial thought but I think it should just about scrape through regardless of the teams which make it through.

There were 35,000 at the 2013 FA Trophy final between Town and Wrexham, which was their first ever appearance at Wembley.

I definitely think Town would take more under the current circumstances than we did then; it will definitely be a damn site warmer than it was that day. Wrexham too would almost certainly take more, and I’d be surprised if the Hollywood boys didn’t put on as much free travel as demand necessitated, but that still gives you a 25,000 buffer.

I think the biggest combination in terms of attendance would be Wrexham vs Notts County, but even then I reckon the ground would manage. Let’s hope it’s something we get to worry about in a few weeks’ time.

Yeah 47k at the brovers vs grimsby final which is the conference play off record isn't it? So should be enough but I suppose just might be reached with Wrexham and County.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 50
RonMariner
April 15, 2022, 4:05pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,818
Gold Stars: 226
Sadly I don’t think it matters where the game is, I can’t see us getting there.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 50
Southwark Mariner
April 15, 2022, 4:56pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,562
Gold Stars: 83
Quoted from RonMariner
Sadly I don’t think it matters where the game is, I can’t see us getting there.

https://www.nationalrail.co.uk/

might help
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 50
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › the play off final at Wembley

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.