2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
samg
April 1, 2022, 8:41pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +17 / -2
Approval: +373
Gold Stars: 7
Just wondering where is the best place to park tomorrow without getting a ticket
Logged Offline
Private Message
wuffing
April 1, 2022, 9:12pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.40
Rep Score: +7 / -1
Approval: +851
Gold Stars: 40
Been on away day website. Apparently there is a Tesco opposite the ground that charges £5 for footie fans

'I walked in the dressing room. The window was open and I thought that a sea fret had got in. Then I saw smoke billowing from a pipe in the corner of the room...it was my centre-forward. He looked seven stone wet through. He went on to score thirty-odd goals that season.' Lawrie McMenemy on encountering the legend that was Matt Tees.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 10
wuffing
April 1, 2022, 9:18pm

Table Wine Drinker
Also Kristine Green away guide on Town website, which is very good

'I walked in the dressing room. The window was open and I thought that a sea fret had got in. Then I saw smoke billowing from a pipe in the corner of the room...it was my centre-forward. He looked seven stone wet through. He went on to score thirty-odd goals that season.' Lawrie McMenemy on encountering the legend that was Matt Tees.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 10
Kristine
April 1, 2022, 10:16pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +7 / 0
Approval: +1,192
Gold Stars: 41
I’m wary of parking info on websites when you don’t know when it was last updated.

Tesco wasn’t mentioned as a place to park from Chesterfield’s end. Up to you ultimately - alternatives are in the guide: https://gtfc.co.uk/chesterfield-travel-guide/

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 10
arryarryarry
April 1, 2022, 11:02pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,042
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from Kristine
I’m wary of parking info on websites when you don’t know when it was last updated.

Tesco wasn’t mentioned as a place to park from Chesterfield’s end. Up to you ultimately - alternatives are in the guide: https://gtfc.co.uk/chesterfield-travel-guide/

Why doesn't the club offer a simple opt out of cookies like most decent sites do?
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 10
wuffing
April 2, 2022, 7:43am

Table Wine Drinker
Just been on to Tesco Chesterfield and no parking for the game...

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 10
out of town
April 2, 2022, 8:31am
Snakebite drinker
Rep Score: +0 / -2
Approval: +717
Gold Stars: 10
Quoted from wuffing
Just been on to Tesco Chesterfield and no parking for the game...

Sorry if this sounds daft but Did you ask? A mate of mine in chesterfield said you can on match days
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 10
Kristine
April 2, 2022, 8:41am
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +7 / 0
Approval: +1,192
Gold Stars: 41
Just checked and parking is maximum 2 hours - apparently there are signs up confirming it

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 10
jamesgtfc
April 2, 2022, 8:45am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,041
Gold Stars: 190
If you get there early there is parking on the side streets around the ground. Just make sure you leave it in gear because you'll be parking on a steep hill.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 10
oochiad
April 2, 2022, 9:57am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.62
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +3,724
Gold Stars: 28
I’ve been a few times and parking has never been a problem, just don’t leave it to late. UTM!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 10
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Parking tomorrow

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.