Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › 7818 is the biggest gate since....
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 161 Guests

7818 is the biggest gate since....

This thread currently has 4,983 views. Print
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
HertsGTFC
April 15, 2022, 9:28pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,998
Gold Stars: 228
What about the seats behind the dug out in the main, surely the Covid regs don’t apply to them anymore?

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 31
Jaws
April 15, 2022, 9:39pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +1,306
Gold Stars: 11
Does the Osmond seriously have 800 seats covered up? Is there any point? Any big away following stands in front of them, defeating the point of them.
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 31
promotion plaice
April 15, 2022, 9:49pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,081
Gold Stars: 201

22/23 thousand I think it was against Everton and Wolves, these young whipper snappers today haven't lived.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 31
Jackal
April 15, 2022, 9:55pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +215
Gold Stars: 16
Quoted from promotion plaice

22/23 thousand I think it was against Everton and Wolves, these young whipper snappers today haven't lived.

I was there and looking now how the hell did we fit?.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 31
Theimperialcoroner
April 15, 2022, 10:10pm

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -4
Approval: +5,276
Gold Stars: 103
Quoted from Jackal

Well I was at the front of the Ponny with my feet wedged into the picket fence so I could see over it. Thought it was 24k in the place those nights.

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 31
Poojah
April 15, 2022, 10:46pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,780
Gold Stars: 1,515
Quoted from promotion plaice

Biggest crowd I’ve seen at BP was Aston Villa in 1994, before the ground was made all seater. The only reference I can find to the attendance is on the link below, which has it at 15,771.

https://www.avfchistory.co.uk/game/4344

That seemed a bit high. Through the eyes of my childhood memory, the Pontoon, the Lower Findus and the lower part of the Osmond were all standing, plus the three open corners. Double today’s crowd just seems a bit excessive. Is that figure correct?

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 31
Jackal
April 15, 2022, 11:19pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +215
Gold Stars: 16
Quoted from Theimperialcoroner

Well I was at the front of the Ponny with my feet wedged into the picket fence so I could see over it. Thought it was 24k in the place those nights.

I used to stand in the pontoon for matches but for some reason I ended up with a ticket in the open corner between the Barrett and The Osmond. I was annoyed I remember that, but what a place to see Mick Brolly’s goals.
I remember being bloody hot with all those bodies shoe horned in.  
Sublime night.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 31
Theimperialcoroner
April 15, 2022, 11:33pm

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -4
Approval: +5,276
Gold Stars: 103
Quoted from Poojah

Biggest crowd I’ve seen at BP was Aston Villa in 1994, before the ground was made all seater. The only reference I can find to the attendance is on the link below, which has it at 15,771.

That seemed a bit high. Through the eyes of my childhood memory, the Pontoon, the Lower Findus and the lower part of the Osmond were all standing, plus the three open corners. Double today’s crowd just seems a bit excessive. Is that figure correct?

Imagine 3 x todays crowd wedged in, it was cosy. Then add another 10k for the record attendance, wow!

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 31
Heisenberg
April 15, 2022, 11:44pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +5,115
Gold Stars: 97
Quoted from Poojah

The biggest crowd I’ve seen at BP was 3 years before against Spurs (with the world’s best striker up front, Mr Gary Lineker), and there were 17,000 in that night. It was a different place then. 7,800 is hardly earth shattering, but then again BP is a relic nowadays, those open corners are an aberration, and we’re in the conference.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 31
dapperz fun pub
April 16, 2022, 9:30am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +10,049
Gold Stars: 84
Quoted from Jackal

I was in the osmond and yes it was full but I don’t recall it feeling dangerously full a night that will live with me forever
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 31
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › 7818 is the biggest gate since....

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.