5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
Abdul19
May 4, 2022, 2:29pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,607
Gold Stars: 220
I've not got to the GTFC bit yet, but I got my first shock after 3 seconds when I realised he wasn't Scottish!

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 49
Abdul19
May 4, 2022, 4:12pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,607
Gold Stars: 220
Linwood was a clogger who still found it funny a decade later. Sweeney was a quality player who's clearly not proud of how he behaved at the time. Good listen (although the 10 minutes of guffawing at the fish story dragged on a bit).

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 49
Sconeboy
May 4, 2022, 4:27pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +223
Gold Stars: 2
Anybody know the times for the Town bits?

<*(((((>< G T F C ><(((((*>
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 49
Poojah
May 4, 2022, 4:27pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,767
Gold Stars: 1,515
Quoted from Abdul19
Linwood was a clogger who still found it funny a decade later. Sweeney was a quality player who's clearly not proud of how he behaved at the time. Good listen (although the 10 minutes of guffawing at the fish story dragged on a bit).

You can hear the regret in his voice. I don't know how much Peter Sweeney is worth today, but I bet it's missing at least one '0' off the end of what could have been.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 49
tanga_the_indestructible
May 4, 2022, 4:34pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +655
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from Sconeboy
Anybody know the times for the Town bits?

About an hour or so in.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 49
friskneymariner
May 4, 2022, 4:42pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,157
Gold Stars: 38
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY

That first half at Cheltenham away!!! Played like world beaters

Second half, and quite possible, played liked they’d all been on special brew at half time

We were torn apart by Barry Hayles who was nearing the end of his career.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 49
jimgtfc
May 4, 2022, 5:12pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +22 / -5
Approval: +5,102
Gold Stars: 46
Quoted from Poojah

You can hear the regret in his voice. I don't know how much Peter Sweeney is worth today, but I bet it's missing at least one '0' off the end of what could have been.

You can, but I’d say it’s only regret of the way his career declined to the point that he had to play for us. I certainly don’t think he gave 2 shites about us being relegated or the state that collective group of ‘professionals’ left the club in. Comes across as a complete bell to me.

"Falls to Arnold... Arnold! That's it! Thats it! He's sealed it! Grimsby Town are back in the football league!!! Just a minute to go and Nathan Arnold makes it 3-1! Look at the scenes behind the goal! Look at the relief! The agony is finally over!!!"

John Tondeur - Wembley Stadium Sunday 15th May 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 49
arryarryarry
May 4, 2022, 5:22pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,041
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from friskneymariner

Most people on here creamed themselves when Newell was appointed.You only had to speak to any Luton fans to learn about his antics,shows a shocking lack of due diligence when appointing him.

Most on here creamed themselves at just about every manager we employ, Jolley, Holloway, Hurst.
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 49
Poojah
May 4, 2022, 6:30pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,767
Gold Stars: 1,515
Quoted from jimgtfc

You can, but I’d say it’s only regret of the way his career declined to the point that he had to play for us. I certainly don’t think he gave 2 shites about us being relegated or the state that collective group of ‘professionals’ left the club in. Comes across as a complete bell to me.

I didn’t mean regret for us; more remorse for his undoubted wasted talent and the millions of pounds he never earned.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 49
Les Brechin
May 4, 2022, 6:37pm

Posts Per Day: 4.16
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,726
Gold Stars: 174
Quoted from friskneymariner

We were torn apart by Barry Hayles who was nearing the end of his career.

I remember after the game hearing the League One match score Norwich 1 Colchester 7 and saying to my mates, could be worse, at least we're not Norwich fans.

Not long after that game Norwich poached the Colchester manager and ended up getting promoted to The Championship, whilst we ended up being relegated from the league.

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 49
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Peter Sweeney under the cosh

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.