3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Yossarian
May 7, 2022, 11:47pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +1,097
Gold Stars: 19
I think we'll be in the playoffs, but any route is looking hard to get to the final.  3 games against good teams.... that is a big ask.   what are people's thoughts on the teams (assuming the 6 teams remain as is)?.  Chesterfield have had a brain-fart, but Notts County and picking up points and the other teams are playing pretty well.  I keep telling myself "dont underestimate Solihull" - I think sometimes we look at the size of the stadium/support and think "Notts county, Chesterfield. Grimsby, Wrexham - big support -  they will go up"....

But Halifax and Solihull are good teams.

I'm really not looking forward to the playoffs (assuming we get there) - too stressful.  Maybe mid-table medioctrity would be less stressful?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 28
davmariner
May 7, 2022, 11:56pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -11
Approval: +4,970
Gold Stars: 79
Efete always seems to break down injured. He recovers, comes back for a few games and then gets injured again. Not sure how much we can rely on him going forward. He’s actually only made 4 more appearances than Pearson has for us this season.

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 28
ginnywings
May 8, 2022, 12:05am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
You've got to be fearful of Solihull. Even playing for an hour with ten men, they still saw off Dagenham easily and they have goals all over their team. Very rarely do they fail to score and they are in great form.

Halifax are less flamboyant but don't concede many. Notts are also hitting form right now and are scoring a few.

If we play to our best and have the rub of the green, we can prevail, but I feel it's unlikely and I think we will still be in this league next season. Even so, I think that's a great achievement given the rebuild job we had to do. A lot of sides struggle badly for a season or two when they drop to non league, so kudos to Hurst, whatever happens from now.

We will be stronger next season and the league will be a bit weaker, so we can look forward positively.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 28
jamesgtfc
May 8, 2022, 12:07am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,041
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from davmariner
Efete always seems to break down injured. He recovers, comes back for a few games and then gets injured again. Not sure how much we can rely on him going forward. He’s actually only made 4 more appearances than Pearson has for us this season.

A large proportion of Pearson's games have been from the bench. Efete has played 2340 minutes and Pearson has played 1670ish after today.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 28
Badger57
May 8, 2022, 12:14am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +1,922
Gold Stars: 30
Doesn't really matter if we do or don't get that point (I'm pretty sure we will.) Truth is we aren't good enough to win 3 super tough games on a trot to win promotion this year.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 28
Grimsby2012
May 8, 2022, 1:17am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +12 / -8
Approval: -1,464
Gold Stars: 22
We ain't winning the play offs...

I blocked seeing red ticks years ago so go ahead   If I don't reply to you then i didn't read your replies  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 28
lukeo
May 8, 2022, 2:27am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,405
Gold Stars: 149
Quoted from Grimsby2012
We ain't winning the play offs...

Probably not no but it'll be nice to be in them
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 28
Mayaman
May 8, 2022, 3:51am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +3,421
Gold Stars: 74
We can beat any one on our day but I feel on current performances, we won't get past the first hurdle.  Solihull are a formidable side.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 28
Mayaman
May 8, 2022, 3:56am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +3,421
Gold Stars: 74
Sounded like Abrahams was having a pop before we conceded.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 28
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Only need 1 point from our next 2 games

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.