Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Maidenhead highlights...
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 165 Guests

Maidenhead highlights...

This thread currently has 1,206 views. Print
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
mimma
May 10, 2022, 1:19am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,574
Gold Stars: 78
Bit late this week, but here we are.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2f4qNbddnY

Logged Offline
Private Message
golfer
May 10, 2022, 8:31am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.29
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,450
Gold Stars: 118
The foul was outside the box - unless I'm going blind
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 8
NorthseaMariner
May 10, 2022, 8:33am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +7 / 0
Approval: +1,523
Gold Stars: 11
I thought exactly the same. But hey-ho, it happened.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 8
HerveJosse
May 10, 2022, 8:39am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,204
Gold Stars: 144
Quoted from golfer
The foul was outside the box - unless I'm going blind

Certainly started outside the box but may have still had hold off him when crossed the line.Less clear cut then it looked at the time.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 8
Limerick Mariner
May 10, 2022, 9:03am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,747
Gold Stars: 138
Scanz was on fire - an absolute sickener to lose him. Gods were certainly agin us...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 8
Theimperialcoroner
May 10, 2022, 9:08am

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -4
Approval: +5,276
Gold Stars: 103
100% outside the box and initially both battling for it. A penalty and a red very harsh. The double jeopardy rule could have been applied if it’s a pen as Waterfall was battling to try to play the ball. (There is a get out for the ref in the wording of the interpretation but there is an old saying for Refs “give the game what it needs”)

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 8
mimma
May 10, 2022, 1:07pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,574
Gold Stars: 78
As far as I am aware if it's a penalty, then it's yellow because they still have a goal scoring opportunity from the spot, which is a better chance and you can choose the taker. It's only red if he is stopped from getting into the area so he can't get a penalty.

So the foul was outside the area and not a penalty but a red card. The ref got it wrong on both counts.

The highlights also clearly show the blatant shove on Pearson. The commentator called it as it happened, violent conduct. He clearly used excessive force in shoving Pearson over.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 8
Maringer
May 10, 2022, 1:15pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,674
Gold Stars: 189
I actually checked t'internet about the laws regarding red cards just after the event. Turns out that if it is deemed to be a deliberate foul, then it is still a red, regardless of the penalty. The double jeopardy thing only counts if there is a genuine attempt to win the ball which goes wrong.

Waterfall's challenge was a bit too wrestly, hence the red card. Their striker was a bit of a lump. Should have just let him get the shot away as I think there was a decent chance it would have been missed/saved.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 8
immariner
May 10, 2022, 1:21pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +3,414
Gold Stars: 62
Just a couple of observations: dragging their player down as the last man aside, letting it bounce in the first place was criminal. He has had a really good season but 2 such pieces of poor defending in the space of 60 seconds will you rarely see. Fox by all accounts had a great game and after some fantastic work to cut inside from the left, he really should have seen the simple pull back to Taylor
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 8
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Maidenhead highlights...

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.