Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Ticket sales for Wrexham Game.
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 123 Guests

Ticket sales for Wrexham Game.
I got a ticket - I was happy the way they were sold (15 votes)
20.83%
I got a ticket - They could have been sold fairer. (8 votes)
11.11%
I did not get a ticket - I was happy the way they were sold (11 votes)
15.28%
I did not get a ticket - They could have been sold fairer. (8 votes)
11.11%
I did not want a ticket - I was happy the way they were sold (19 votes)
26.39%
I did not want a ticket - They could have been sold fairer. (11 votes)
15.28%
72 Votes Total
You must login or register to be allowed to participate in this poll
Voting in this poll has ended.

Ticket sales for Wrexham Game.

This thread currently has 2,159 views. Print
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
aldi_01
May 25, 2022, 2:52pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Loyalty systems are great but not all away games in this league are all ticket or indeed have tickets sold for them which makes it difficult I guess.

I’d happily buy a ticket for every away game to accrue the points, I don’t miss many but they initial cost meaning I guaranteed myself a ticket pretty much for games like this is worth it.

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 15
May 25, 2022, 3:25pm
Guest User
Quoted from aldi_01
Loyalty systems are great but not all away games in this league are all ticket or indeed have tickets sold for them which makes it difficult I guess.

I’d happily buy a ticket for every away game to accrue the points, I don’t miss many but they initial cost meaning I guaranteed myself a ticket pretty much for games like this is worth it.

Perhaps I wasn't all that clear in how it worked. I meant ST holders would be prioritised and ST holders with the most points got first crack. It is difficult where away tickets aren't sold through Town but it does give an extra reward to those slogging down to Torquay and Weymouth (which I didn't). No system is perfect. Its just a thought. The Brentford aways I did this season were from Leicester upwards so I accrued a lot of extra points which will give me a bigger shout next season (if they don't clash with Town games!)

Reply: 11 - 15
Mrbump53
May 25, 2022, 4:44pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +4 / -1
Approval: +335
Gold Stars: 11
My linked account didn't work so left with one ticket and the other not being able to go even though they have travelled to a number of away games each year for the last 8 years. Other clubs restrict the number of tickets any one person can buy so it does give people a fighting chance to get a ticket. There were a number buying multiple tickets by one person (think the biggest was one person buying 21 tickets in one go saying 15 of his mates travel to away games as well). Need to consider some equity for those trying to at least get tickets. On reserve list to see if I can get the other ticket.

We shouldn't have this problem if we can overcome Wrexham ! UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 15
HertsGTFC
May 25, 2022, 5:50pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,998
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from Grantham_Mariner
Interested on your views over how tickets were sold today.

Read the post about it.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 15
newarkmariner
May 25, 2022, 7:03pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +5 / -4
Approval: +751
Gold Stars: 43
i was lucky enough to be there on Monday night so decided not to go to Wrexham and give others a chance,i cant believe the amount off whinning going on about the tickets , 1200 tickets between 3000+ just wont go no matter how the club shares them about.If you didnt get a ticket for whatever reason , tough shite, thats life,stop using it as a reason too attack the club,tuck your bottom lip back in,man up and get behind the boys.ATAW
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 15
oochiad
May 25, 2022, 8:29pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.62
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +3,724
Gold Stars: 28
I agree, doesn’t matter how the club sell them, with 3000+ season ticket holders lots of people are going to miss out not even counting the non season ticket holders also being disappointed. I’m a season ticket holder and haven’t managed to get a ticket for either game. I’m holding out for the final!🤞🤞🤞🤞
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 15
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Ticket sales for Wrexham Game.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.