Teestogreen
May 26, 2022, 10:36pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: -163
Gold Stars: 23

Wrexham are rightly favourites.

More firepower. Better players. Home advantage.

All the pressure is on their players, Parkinson and the fans. The longer it stays at 0-0, the more JMD and Waterfall will be licking their lips at the thought of an 89th minute set-piece tryst.

Parkinson will be feeling that pressure. That spinster librarian complexion will be breaking out like Ashley Sestanovich. When he looks around his dressing room at 12:15, what’s he going to see? Mercenaries, a nervous Tozer and a flashback of Ollie Palmer pulling out of a challenge like johnnyboy82.

‘ the longer it stays 0-0’
I hope not - Town are capable of building an early lead based on the last team performance and the inclusion of our ‘recently’ prolific striker.

Blundell Park - The Home of Grimsby Town Football Club (still)  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 12
Spurn boy
May 27, 2022, 6:49pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +1,264
Gold Stars: 31
Don’t think my nerves would last the 90 minutes if it was still 0-0 leading up to full time.

Dead Eye Dobbin stood motionless waiting, waiting, waiting for the ball to arrive. Back came the right foot, Down came the right foot, Bang ! Headlines around the world as the ball flew into the very top right hand corner of the goal.( Jim Dobbin scoring in the 89th minute for Town against Newcastle United away 24/10/1992 )
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 12
Mariner_09
May 27, 2022, 10:27pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.09
Rep Score: +19 / -13
Approval: +1,194
Gold Stars: 55
We all know Hursty will be keen to stay in the game as long as possible for a start. I think that’s the right approach. We basically need to try and repeat what we did on Monday, where we settled really well and much quicker than they did, thus we gained control of the game quite early. The big difference is we need to score if we get on top tomorrow. If we have a spell like we did in the 15-20 mins before their goal on Monday, we have to make it count. Given we’re likely to tire quicker than them, and because of their greater firepower. We won’t get away with falling behind again I don’t think.

However, if we can settle quickly, make their crowd edgy and restless which will likely translate into making their players feel likewise, we give ourselves a greater chance of seizing control, forcing mistakes and therefore going through. That’s what Hursty will be trying to do tomorrow.

Equally, I’m praying tonight that McAtee and Holohan are fit, I’m sure those are the two players Hursty is referring to in his interview about being doubts. Although I got the impression it was more to do with worrying they wouldn’t get through tomorrow rather than an injury. They are so important to how we play and it makes an already hard job more or less impossible without them I’d say.

I've wasted my life in black and white, a pathetic act for a worthless cause
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 12
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Hurst pre-Wrexham interview

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.