Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back  (merged)
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 125 Guests

Just Back  (merged)

This thread currently has 8,080 views. Print
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
RonMariner
May 28, 2022, 6:16pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,844
Gold Stars: 227
I was supposed to be going to a cottage in Wales with friends next Saturday. Having to check the train times for the following Monday now as I am meeting 17,000 other friends in London on Sunday!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 44
RonMariner
May 28, 2022, 6:49pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,844
Gold Stars: 227
Loads of messages of congratulations from fans of other clubs on Facebook. Neutrals feel we overcame some poor refereeing decisions and were worthy winners. Parkinson please take note.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 44
Sylvom
May 28, 2022, 6:54pm

Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Approval: +27
52 years supporting Town, thought I had seen it all. Apparently I hadn’t. Incredible.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 44
TownSNAFU5
May 28, 2022, 7:22pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,907
Gold Stars: 42
Other top wins:

Town 1 Spurs 0 (they had half the England team playing)

Town 2 Chelsea 0 (early 1980s)

Chelsea 2 Town 3 (Town were 2 nil down).  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 44
aldi_01
May 28, 2022, 7:36pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
I’m actually speechless. I don’t know what I’ve just watched. This week has been arguably my best week as a town fan and we’ve won intercourse all technically.

The team works hard, battles, never gives up and plays until they die. They’re connected with the fans and the club has a vibe going on we’ve never had before. Town fans never gave up today and neither did the team.

My highlight, aside from the obvious was Hursty ‘shhing’ parkinson when he was moaning yet again. Parkinson was the physical embodiment of pressure today…for the money paid to assemble that squad, his tactics and style of play do them no favours. Playing for cheap fouls and a long throw in, ironically being their undoing.

I’d imagine his tenure will end before the weekend…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 44
HertsGTFC
May 28, 2022, 7:45pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,998
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from aldi_01
I’m actually speechless. I don’t know what I’ve just watched. This week has been arguably my best week as a town fan and we’ve won intercourse all technically.

The team works hard, battles, never gives up and plays until they die. They’re connected with the fans and the club has a vibe going on we’ve never had before. Town fans never gave up today and neither did the team.

My highlight, aside from the obvious was Hursty ‘shhing’ parkinson when he was moaning yet again. Parkinson was the physical embodiment of pressure today…for the money paid to assemble that squad, his tactics and style of play do them no favours. Playing for cheap fouls and a long throw in, ironically being their undoing.

I’d imagine his tenure will end before the weekend…

Wrexham clearly have some good footballers it's like they where under instruction not to play football but just play percentages and make the most of the set piece, nothing wrong with that but they've got more clearly.

I was amazed how poor they where in extra time, when we went to 3 at the back they didn't seem to be able to deal with it. I did think it was very ironic that the winner was from a long throw, karma!  

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 44
Mariner93er
May 28, 2022, 7:49pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +9 / -4
Approval: +4,736
Gold Stars: 28
Was watching with some villa fans today and they all agreed we deserved it.

The ref made some terrible decisions for both teams, but we got penalised for fouls everytime the balls were played to our forwards.

Football overcame ant-football today. For the money they've spent, their style of football was appalling.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 44
fishcake63
May 28, 2022, 7:52pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,225
Gold Stars: 62
Quoted from wrex6
Gutted but well done and good luck lads

Going forward you were lethal and played some good stuff, nice to see you lot in the daylight as they normally have us playing on a Tuesday night, as noisy as usual.

15 years and counting for us now.

Finish it off next weekend

Football fan in a nutshell & if we'd lost today i would have said the same brilliant wrex6
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 44
arryarryarry
May 28, 2022, 8:04pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,041
Gold Stars: 117
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 44
HertsGTFC
May 28, 2022, 8:17pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,998
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from wrex6
Gutted but well done and good luck lads

Going forward you were lethal and played some good stuff, nice to see you lot in the daylight as they normally have us playing on a Tuesday night, as noisy as usual.

15 years and counting for us now.

Finish it off next weekend

Top Man!!!

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 44
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back  (merged)

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.