immariner
May 30, 2022, 3:18pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +3,414
Gold Stars: 61
Quoted from Bigdog
So.. we've supported the team all season, they've achieved perhaps beyond our expectations in getting us to within 90 minutes of getting out of non-league again at the first attempt, performed heroics in the play offs and we've got threads and threads over £20. How many times in your life have you wasted £20 on nothing? Understand the whole day is a stretch for some people, but surely Sunday is the day to dig deep for the team, be there in person and boost the volume instead of talking people out of going and building a bigger boycott bandwagon than the one that should be travelling down the A1. Sunday could be a day you'll always remember and publicly moaning about £20, fair pricing or unfair, shouldn't come into it..

You sound like an out of touch Tory telling people to buy own brand beans. Over £20 quid? Are you on a wind up? Clearly you have no idea how tough it is for the average Grimsby family right now. £250+ for a family of 4 and that's if they manage to get in the lower tier. Not justifiable for a significant many with the doubling of energy prices and the high fuel prices. People have a right to display their frustration and they have a right to decide not to go, doesn't mean they want Town to win any less than you do
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 36
mimma
May 30, 2022, 3:19pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,574
Gold Stars: 78
The problem is that the people that organise this shambles are so far away from the fans and can't be reached. They will have no idea of the disquiet amongst the ordinary fans that pay their wages. They will be sat in their ivory towers rubbing their hand at the money it will bring in, and how much money is going to be made by their cronies.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 36
aldi_01
May 30, 2022, 3:24pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from immariner

You sound like an out of touch Tory telling people to buy own brand beans. Over £20 quid? Are you on a wind up? Clearly you have no idea how tough it is for the average Grimsby family right now. £250+ for a family of 4 and that's if they manage to get in the lower tier. Not justifiable for a significant many with the doubling of energy prices and the high fuel prices. People have a right to display their frustration and they have a right to decide not to go, doesn't mean they want Town to win any less than you do

There is a point to what he’s saying though…I’ve seen people waste more at the flipping services on the way to a game…the prices are outrageous, that’s a fact but banging on about doesn’t change it. Go or don’t, it’s up to the individual. Personally it was zero surprise…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 36
lukeo
May 30, 2022, 3:27pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,405
Gold Stars: 149
I've got overr the £40 price..
Im more angered at the god awful seating plan!!! What. The. intercourse.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 36
TownSNAFU5
May 30, 2022, 3:40pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,907
Gold Stars: 42
Having the game up north would have resolved many of these cost and travel problems.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 36
gtfc_chris
May 30, 2022, 3:44pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.48
Rep Score: +10 / 0
Approval: +1,511
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from aldi_01

There is a point to what he’s saying though…I’ve seen people waste more at the flipping services on the way to a game…the prices are outrageous, that’s a fact but banging on about doesn’t change it. Go or don’t, it’s up to the individual. Personally it was zero surprise…

But that doesn't paint the whole picture to this scenario. People may flutter away £20 at the services because they only paid £20 for a ticket. They may only be paying for their own need. They may be loaded!

This scenario takes into account higher than usual ticket prices (to be expected) and the lack of pricing structures to make it more realistically accessible to families.

I've taken note of your posts this morning and I think you have some valid points in your argument. But I'm also going to hazard a guess you won't be covering the cost of young kids within your party? That for me is the crux for many. If - as I suspect - a lot of folks plan to attend with young ones in tow who might not truly value the experience through no fault other than age, £45 plus fees (as is looking likely for the upper tier) is going to be a stretch too far and not justifiable.

For me, the adult prices is less of the sticking point but lack of a suitable pricing structure to facilitate the cost for U16 and OAP in all areas of the stadium that enables families to go. With info on the tickets thread regards lower tier I've got a real decision to make about not attending and watching the game from home as a family or informing the kids that they'll have to miss out but I'll see them tomorrow.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 36
Bigdog
May 30, 2022, 4:05pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.12
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Quoted from immariner

I'm skint mate, and you've misrepresented my posts, but I've got enough spare to have donated so a young Mariner can get a ticket..

https://twitter.com/MarinersTrust/status/1531262977483079680
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 36
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Protest

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.