Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Who thinks we will win on Sunday?
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 148 Guests

Who thinks we will win on Sunday
Yes
No
Not sure
  View Results 109 Votes Total
You must login or register to be allowed to participate in this poll

Who thinks we will win on Sunday?

This thread currently has 2,423 views. Print
2 Pages 1 2 All Recommend Thread
promotion plaice
June 2, 2022, 10:29pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,082
Gold Stars: 201

No harm in asking the question, it won't affect the result.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Poojah
June 2, 2022, 10:40pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,769
Gold Stars: 1,515
Not sure.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 14
AdamHaddock
June 2, 2022, 10:46pm

Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +37 / -5
Approval: +2,838
Gold Stars: 26
Now the euphoria of Wrexham has died down, I'm not so confident. Just hope for the best.

[img]https://images.app.goo.gl/bymuz36koLHofSn79[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 14
TownSNAFU5
June 2, 2022, 10:51pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,907
Gold Stars: 42
You have to have hope.  I want us to win and believe that we will prevail.  We have come through 2 very tough “warm-up” matches away from home.

I believe (subject to correction) that we will also have the largest away football fan following seen at the London Stadium.  I know Sunday is a one-off occasion there.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 14
Wiley2405
June 2, 2022, 11:01pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +663
Gold Stars: 20
I think it’s definitely our hardest game of the 3.

Notts away we looked down and out, but for an amazing comeback.

Wrexham was just a mental game, a lot of pressure on them but we matched them, let’s face it that game could have gone either way.

Then we play Solihull, beat us twice, well organised, very very very tough game. Hopefully the situation gets to them, I think a decision either a pen or sending off could win or lose this match hopefully in our favour, they’re defitnely favourites but we have been the underdogs in both our playoff games so why not one more?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 14
kamakazebear
June 2, 2022, 11:02pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.63
Rep Score: +17 / -5
Approval: +483
Have the same feeling I had in the run up to the Bristol Rovers p/o final game, not confident but felt like we had a chance of nicking it. Before the FGR game I was confident we were going to win which isn't helping my nerves now!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 14
HertsGTFC
June 2, 2022, 11:08pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,998
Gold Stars: 228
Not sure, but if we did it would be a brilliant achievement and cap what has been a year or so of positive change for everyone involved with GTFC.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 14
Knut Anders Fosters Voles
June 3, 2022, 12:20am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.84
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,832
Gold Stars: 556
I’ve often wondered who votes for ‘not sure’ in any poll. I mean, why bother clicking.

Now I know. I’m so in that camp, my guy ropes are firmly pile-driven into the ground.

I try not to take football too seriously but even I’m quivering like a torn banjo string. A mixture of excitement, real, real pride yet worry that we could be back at square one by Sunday evening.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 14
kevikov
June 3, 2022, 1:07am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +14 / -5
Approval: +852
Gold Stars: 13
Hasn’t Kyle storer ruined us before? For other teams.

I was there, the day Bradley Wood scored a 35 yarder!

From the black and white striped shirts
To the fish in the sea
You'll hear us singing
Coz we are Grimsby.

You won't hear us crying
But you'll hear us shout
Coz we are the Grimsby
And this is our chant.......... Grimsby! Grimsby! Grimsby!

A.S.A.F.A.T.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 14
DB
June 3, 2022, 6:40am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.41
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,054
Gold Stars: 391
Of course we'll win

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 14
golfer
June 3, 2022, 7:12am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.29
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,450
Gold Stars: 118
Quoted from promotion plaice

No harm in asking the question, it won't affect the result.

For all those picking Town and being correct will have next years season ticket paid for by Promotion Place for Scunthorpe Utd.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 14
Stockport Mariner
June 3, 2022, 8:27am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +3 / -2
Approval: +553
Gold Stars: 8
As I’ve already said on a different thread, there’s no way we aren’t going to win this. After getting to the final the (very) hard way, do you think the manger and the squad will get us this far and not win? We are coming into the final arguably playing our best football of the season, coupled with a determination and belief that I think will take us all the way. I think that Paul Hurst’s experience in this situation will be invaluable and I also think we have probably the fittest squad in the league. I thought extra time against Wrexham would count against us after 120 minutes against Notts County, but it didn’t - if anything we looked stronger than in extra time at Notts. All of the momentum is with us.

I replied with this to a post John McAtee put up on Twitter yesterday, and he ‘liked’ it within about 30 seconds. So there!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 14
HertsGTFC
June 3, 2022, 8:31am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,998
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from Stockport Mariner
As I’ve already said on a different thread, there’s no way we aren’t going to win this. After getting to the final the (very) hard way, do you think the manger and the squad will get us this far and not win? We are coming into the final arguably playing our best football of the season, coupled with a determination and belief that I think will take us all the way. I think that Paul Hurst’s experience in this situation will be invaluable and I also think we have probably the fittest squad in the league. I thought extra time against Wrexham would count against us after 120 minutes against Notts County, but it didn’t - if anything we looked stronger that extra time at Notts. All of the momentum is with us.

I replied with this to a post John McAtee put up on Twitter yesterday, and he ‘liked’ it within about 30 seconds. So there!

There is certainly something about the attitude of this group that inspires some belief for sure. If we play to our maximum we’ll win.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 14
Stockport Mariner
June 3, 2022, 8:45am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +3 / -2
Approval: +553
Gold Stars: 8
The only worry for me is a daft sending off.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 14
June 3, 2022, 8:46am
Guest User
Elated that we’re there, but not remotely confident. Think this is a step too far after the insanity of the last game.

Mind you, I said that about Wrexham after the county game...
Reply: 14 - 14
2 Pages 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Who thinks we will win on Sunday?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.