Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › We decided not to go due to cost on principle
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 125 Guests

We decided not to go due to cost on principle

This thread currently has 3,444 views. Print
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
dapperz fun pub
June 5, 2022, 8:57am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +10,049
Gold Stars: 84
It’s been a total farce from the NL but miss a lifetime of memories narh cmon town
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 17
golfer
June 5, 2022, 9:09am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.29
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,450
Gold Stars: 118
No need for a clever remark about the Queen Aldi
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 17
arryarryarry
June 5, 2022, 9:46am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,041
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from aldi_01

It is, but then football fans across the board need to unite and make a stand but that won’t happen.

Personally, I’m still surprised that people were shocked at the prices. I expected £40minimum, doesn’t make it right but it’s much the same for most finals these days. I have a bigger issue with venue choice and thr timing of the final given everyone has known for some time that it was a celebration weekend for someone not dying on the job.

I wonder if those who’ve decided not to attend would’ve gone had it been at Wembley, it would’ve been much more of a showcase event.

There is a wider issue with the ticket prices for football and if town were to continue on an upward trajectory through the leagues we’d reach a point where £30 a ticket in some areas and some places would be the norm.

The venue choice, the cost of transport and the embarrassing lack of forethought from the national league is the big concern.

I do understand why folk may have swerved it but I guess each set of circumstances is different. After paying £20 to get in Kings Lynn which was flipping dreadful, £40 to sit in a modern facility, albeit one not really for football, and be there to see my team possibly make a return to the football league seems good value…

I wonder if there are any who wished you'd died on the job, sharp object.
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 17
aldi_01
June 5, 2022, 9:48am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from arryarryarry

I wonder if there are any who wished you'd died on the job, sharp object.

Makes you laugh though doesn’t it, a thread about people unable to afford to watch their club, cost of living increases through the roof and people going hungry or cold…all sat watching entitles folk using tax payer cash to pat someone on the back…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 17
Squinter
June 5, 2022, 10:12am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +587
Gold Stars: 9
I read a article a few years ago written by the boss of one of the worlds biggest PR companies and he said you can not put a price on what the British Royal Family bring to this country.   Ever noticed how many foriegn tourists there are in London spending their $$'s.  
Middle Eastern countries spend billions on Grad Prix's, World Cup etc.  We get it through the Royal's at a lot less cost.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 17
AdamHaddock
June 5, 2022, 10:22am

Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +37 / -5
Approval: +2,838
Gold Stars: 26
Quoted from Squinter
I read a article a few years ago written by the boss of one of the worlds biggest PR companies and he said you can not put a price on what the British Royal Family bring to this country.   Ever noticed how many foriegn tourists there are in London spending their $$'s.  
Middle Eastern countries spend billions on Grad Prix's, World Cup etc.  We get it through the Royal's at a lot less cost.  

I've never understood this argument given how popular Paris, Rome, Milan, Prague, Lisbon, New York , Cairo, Athens, Vienna etc are among tourists despite being in republics.
You don't need a lavishly pampered aristocracy to dazzle visitors with beautiful, historic buildings

[img]https://images.app.goo.gl/bymuz36koLHofSn79[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 17
Mariner John
June 5, 2022, 12:12pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +3 / -2
Approval: +633
Gold Stars: 54
Quoted from Squinter

THIS 100%
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 17
Mayaman
June 5, 2022, 12:27pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +3,422
Gold Stars: 74
Quoted from Squinter

And those tourists fill the hotels, cafes, restaurants and shops... in London and the South East.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 17
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › We decided not to go due to cost on principle

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.