7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
buckstown
June 8, 2022, 5:12pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +16 / -6
Approval: +5,239
Gold Stars: 80
Think everyone on here knows Eric's strengths and weaknesses. I really like him but doubt he'd make an impact in league 2
He'll get snapped up by one of the better NL sides and I wish him well if he's gone
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 67
supertown
June 8, 2022, 5:15pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +25 / -9
Approval: +3,471
Gold Stars: 53
Quoted from MuddyWaters

I thought he looked out of his depth on Sunday. Our attacking threat increased markedly when JMD came on.

He flatters to deceive , he’s not good enough . Was actually awful in the final
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 67
oochiad
June 8, 2022, 5:20pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.62
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +3,724
Gold Stars: 28
He put a fantastic ball in for Clifton who should have buried it……
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 67
MarinerDevil
June 8, 2022, 5:25pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.39
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: +2,803
Gold Stars: 80
Quoted from oochiad
He put a fantastic ball in for Clifton who should have buried it……

He should have scored, no doubt, but the cross should have been more controlled.  I've always thought that if someone could coach Sousa to strike the ball better he'd be a very good player, but his lack of confidence in the final third holds him back significantly.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 67
MuddyWaters
June 8, 2022, 5:26pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,288
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from MarinerDevil

He should have scored, no doubt, but the cross should have been more controlled.  I've always thought that if someone could coach Sousa to strike the ball better he'd be a very good player, but his lack of confidence in the final third holds him back significantly.

If he could cross as well as he can dance then he’d be pretty handy.
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 67
HertsGTFC
June 8, 2022, 5:44pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,998
Gold Stars: 228
In Hurst we trust, whatever the outcome is for any player out of contract. Don't think we've soon enough starts to judge Mani despite his play off impact. I'd be disappointed if we didn't retain Amos as he's still young.

I think we may retain Crocombe but would expect another decent keeper to come in so they can push each other, again not seen enough of Ollie Battersby to say if he'd be able to be 2nd choice cover yet or not.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 67
MuddyWaters
June 8, 2022, 6:04pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,288
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from HertsGTFC
In Hurst we trust, whatever the outcome is for any player out of contract. Don't think we've soon enough starts to judge Mani despite his play off impact. I'd be disappointed if we didn't retain Amos as he's still young.

I think we may retain Crocombe but would expect another decent keeper to come in so they can push each other, again not seen enough of Ollie Battersby to say if he'd be able to be 2nd choice cover yet or not.

I think EFL rules say you must have three keepers so a new contract for Battersby makes sense.
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 67
HertsGTFC
June 8, 2022, 6:52pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,998
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from MuddyWaters

I think EFL rules say you must have three keepers so a new contract for Battersby makes sense.

Agree

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 67
ginnywings
June 8, 2022, 7:45pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,154
Gold Stars: 548
Sousa doesn't affect the game enough. His assists and goal stats are very poor and wouldn't get any better in a higher division. His cross to Clifton had too much on it. Should have been a tap in and probably would have been if JMD was crossing from the same position.

Hurst recognised his weaknesses and replaced him mid season with better. It's only JMD's lack of the same fitness levels that gave Sousa more playing time.

I think that is why he only got a 1 year deal to start with.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 67
Tommy
June 8, 2022, 7:58pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,866
Gold Stars: 76
Can't believe we're criticising sousa for that cross to Clifton. It was on a flipping plate for him to tap it in. A yard off the ground or not.

With better finishing from his team-mates Sousa could have had a couple of assists on Sunday.

I actually thought it looked like there was a conscious effort from him to get earlier balls into the box as opposed to trying to twist the fullback on knots first as he often has done in the past.

I'm not doubting JMD has better end product but it seems ridiculous to dig him out for this particular chance he created.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 67
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Mani, Amos and Crocombe

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.