gtfc_chris
June 8, 2022, 12:08pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.48
Rep Score: +10 / 0
Approval: +1,511
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from RichMariner
Yes he did. Gave Max a lot of praise on the radio.

It's a very different attitude to when he's been dropped in the past. The whole club is more professional from top to bottom and you can see that in the way the players have conducted themselves when they've been dropped.

From what I understand - and I consider the person who told me very reliable - it wasn't that he was dropped that caused the friction, it was the manner of it. Macca, like with Max, was complimentary about Dean Henderson (hard not to be looking at how he's progressed) but the way in which the manager at the time handled it unprofessionally, which was taken as disrespect.

That isn't me trying to pass myself off as a well-informed know-it-all supporter, it's about the only thing I know 'behind the curtain', but it's something that I've heard a few people say about spitting his dummy over being dropped. It's a small stain on his legacy that isn't true in the way some people know it to be which I think is unfair on him.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 21
It Bites
June 8, 2022, 12:27pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.46
Rep Score: +4 / -10
Approval: +2,208
Gold Stars: 266
So pleased he was there 😍. He still played a huge part in the first part of the season and is a top top Pro and human
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 21
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Macca

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.