Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › When is our retained list out?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 169 Guests

When is our retained list out?

This thread currently has 34,055 views. Print
24 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
GollyGTFC
June 9, 2022, 3:17pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +6,057
Gold Stars: 358
Quoted from diehardmariner
I think Sousa's situation is a bit unfortunate really.  He came here last season with two very experienced professionals seemingly in the pecking order ahead of him, Grant and Scannell.  He was probably expected to play a bit part and work on his game as part of his step up.

Instead because of injuries he became a major outlet for us, to the point that at one point when McAtee was unavailable he was our actual outlet.  

He showed a bit more about him in the play-off games in terms of going to produce an end product and I half expected Hurst would see enough in him to merit developing him for another year.  But I suppose another step-up at 27 might be deemed too much for him.

I think we need to improve our quality out wide.  JMD is under contract and in all honesty I think if his contract was up he could well have been out the door.  Impact on Sunday aside and even factoring in his initial run when he signed, he's looked incredibly unfit since he came back from injury.  I think Hurst sees a role for Scannell and that perhaps limits his options to move someone on to bring better in.  

Mani is the big surprise for me.  Although I've heard we were keen to keep him but he wants to be first choice, which we can't offer so not pursuing any further.  

We all know Sousa lacked end product, but he worked his knackers off every time we was on the pitch including doing his defending. And going forward at times he caused carnage and made space for others such as McAtee to exploit by dragging defenders out of position.

I don’t think he’ll struggle to get himself sorted with a pro deal at a professional club in the NL or maybe even in L2 or maybe in Scotland.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 30 - 234
Heisenberg
June 9, 2022, 3:23pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +5,115
Gold Stars: 97
Quoted from GollyGTFC

We all know Sousa lacked end product, but he worked his knackers off every time we was on the pitch including doing his defending. And going forward at times he caused carnage and made space for others such as McAtee to exploit by dragging defenders out of position.

I don’t think he’ll struggle to get himself sorted with a pro deal at a professional club in the NL or maybe even in L2 or maybe in Scotland.

I agree. He’s one of those players who will always be raw, even at 27, but he’s a menace and is a good outlet, in my opinion. I do trust PH’s decision making, but on this one I do hope the rumours are untrue as I think he could play a role next season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 234
Jarmo.Is.God
June 9, 2022, 3:31pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,050
Gold Stars: 86
Quoted from diehardmariner
I think Sousa's situation is a bit unfortunate really.  He came here last season with two very experienced professionals seemingly in the pecking order ahead of him, Grant and Scannell.  He was probably expected to play a bit part and work on his game as part of his step up.

Instead because of injuries he became a major outlet for us, to the point that at one point when McAtee was unavailable he was our actual outlet.  

He showed a bit more about him in the play-off games in terms of going to produce an end product and I half expected Hurst would see enough in him to merit developing him for another year.  But I suppose another step-up at 27 might be deemed too much for him.

I think we need to improve our quality out wide.  JMD is under contract and in all honesty I think if his contract was up he could well have been out the door.  Impact on Sunday aside and even factoring in his initial run when he signed, he's looked incredibly unfit since he came back from injury.  I think Hurst sees a role for Scannell and that perhaps limits his options to move someone on to bring better in.  

Mani is the big surprise for me.  Although I've heard we were keen to keep him but he wants to be first choice, which we can't offer so not pursuing any further.  

Mani part makes sense if true.
If we want to have a chance of play-offs, he might not be a starter.

But on his showings for us, he could easily play a big part for a team challenging at the top end of Non-league
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 234
June 9, 2022, 3:33pm
Guest User
Quoted from ska face

Have a day off.

Long live the heroes of 21/22.

Grow up!

Reply: 33 - 234
DB
June 9, 2022, 3:50pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.40
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,054
Gold Stars: 391
Quoted from 123614
I'm sorry but I cannot accept footballers as 'Heroes'.  I have fought with Heroes who laid down their lives for their friends.  (Red cross if you like, those crosses mean nothing to me).

Gold Star Man for me

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 234
Chrisblor
June 9, 2022, 4:09pm

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +53 / -18
Approval: +8,961
Gold Stars: 241
I respect John McAtee more than i'll respect any troop!!!!

gary jones
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 234
ska face
June 9, 2022, 4:16pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,780
Gold Stars: 852
At the going down of the sun, we will remember big Gav Holohan smashing home that 96th minute equaliser.
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 234
male private Nale
June 9, 2022, 4:23pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +3 / -2
Approval: -925
Gold Stars: 136
This squad got us promoted with a whole lot of determination and an equal amount of luck.

We finished 6th and was one rash injury time free kick away from going out to notts county.

We need far better quality defensively on both flanks and more clinical end product up top.

If we can keep hold of crocombe, efete, waterfall, fox. Taylor and Clifton together with those that are already here then that’s a good start but other than a fit again scannell the rest don’t cut it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 234
rancido
June 9, 2022, 4:26pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,653
Gold Stars: 101
Quoted from ginnywings

3rd choice I'd imagine.

The retained list has been changed somewhat by the promotion, so probably why it's a bit late for release.

Battersby could possibly being lined up as a future first choice or second to Crocombe. I don't think Macca will stay .

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 234
MuddyWaters
June 9, 2022, 4:32pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,288
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from male private Nale
This squad got us promoted with a whole lot of determination and an equal amount of luck.

We finished 6th and was one rash injury time free kick away from going out to notts county.

We need far better quality defensively on both flanks and more clinical end product up top.

If we can keep hold of crocombe, efete, waterfall, fox. Taylor and Clifton together with those that are already here then that’s a good start but other than a fit again scannell the rest don’t cut it.

I’m sure he’ll use the loan system again and surprise us with a couple of left field signings. We’ll need a squad of around 25 with three keepers, especially with more midweek matches.
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 234
24 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › When is our retained list out?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.