Private Message
aldi_01
June 17, 2022, 6:56am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
I don’t think they should be banished. Aside from Fenty, who, in his defence, did identify himself. We’d have figured it out but nonetheless, the others hid behind a pseudonym whilst making up spurious lies and falsified information about the current regime to fulfil their need to feel special or loyal to our former ‘leader’.

Of course, since about March they’ve been MIA which we all predicted.

As for banishing them completely, I disagree, we need to remember, we need to learn and the moment things start to look questionable, we, as a fan base have to react, challenge and make some noise. That never happened to Fenty, he was believed, he painted a narrative of woe is me and the club is only here because of him even though evidence to the contrary was staring us right in the face. That can’t happen again so we do have to remember them, we may laugh, we may sneer, we can sit back all smug and know what they truly were but never forget. Learn. Develop. Progress…

Just look at the issue with the flag on the badge, a little bit of noise and we got an explanation, an apology and a compromise…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 56
It Bites
June 17, 2022, 7:10am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.46
Rep Score: +4 / -10
Approval: +2,208
Gold Stars: 266
Sorry I meant I'm banishing them from my posts and my mind
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 56
aldi_01
June 17, 2022, 7:17am

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from It Bites
Sorry I meant I'm banishing them from my posts and my mind

I get that, but if you’re ever feeling down, just remember, they could still be here…

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 56
Kris2
June 17, 2022, 7:51am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,632
Gold Stars: 136
We shouldn't forget the things that happened but I also think "oh god don't summon him back here" whenever somebody makes a post.  

Just about every club will go through bad periods, bad running of the club by higher ups and it's our right as fans to question those things. Just as when you're a customer of any business you have a right to criticism and the right to ask questions of the people running the business. The people at the top did an awful lot to silence any sort of criticism and control the narrative including shutting down The Fishy, banning the local journalists from the ground, shouting down critics and trying to de-platform them. The evidence is there over many years of just how badly things were being run and the decline is there for all to examine. There are embarrassing episodes for the club that shouldn't be forgotten so they won't be repeated like the circus of a fan's forum that turned into a personal attack on a local journalist where the board used their platform to humiliate somebody because they said things they didn't like.  
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 56
supertown
June 17, 2022, 8:41am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +25 / -9
Approval: +3,470
Gold Stars: 53
Their lack of communication on this forum since our success proves they are not proper fans of the club beyond doubt
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 56
RonMariner
June 17, 2022, 9:17am

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,818
Gold Stars: 226
I still want to hear what is going to happen regarding the £200k relating to the shares gifted by the Trust.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 56
Kris2
June 17, 2022, 9:41am
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from RonMariner
I still want to hear what is going to happen regarding the £200k relating to the shares gifted by the Trust.

Fenty is getting paid every penny for handing them over like the rest of the shares as if he paid for them. If you're expecting them to be given back to the Supporter's Trust that's not happening since they had to buy them off Fenty. You can't just give away your shares willingly and then demand the money when the person sells them on, life doesn't work that way.
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 56
grimps
June 17, 2022, 10:48am
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +5,152
Gold Stars: 46
Quoted from RonMariner

I said at the time the Trust was stupid and disloyal and ungrateful to Parker by giving them away , can’t fault Fenty for getting himself a good deal
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 56
diehardmariner
June 17, 2022, 11:31am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,705
Gold Stars: 543
Quoted from grimps

I said at the time the Trust was stupid and disloyal and ungrateful to Parker by giving them away , can’t fault Fenty for getting himself a good deal

The Trust put it to their membership to decide what to do.  The membership voted to give them away, most certainly because they feared the consequences otherwise.

Of course you can blame Fenty.  He blackmailed the fanbase by threatening to sell a star asset unless he got his way.
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 56
Kris2
June 17, 2022, 2:29pm
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from diehardmariner

The Trust put it to their membership to decide what to do.  The membership voted to give them away, most certainly because they feared the consequences otherwise.

Of course you can blame Fenty.  He blackmailed the fanbase by threatening to sell a star asset unless he got his way.

Said star asset then got injured and barely played for us again. Bet everyone who voted for that felt like a bunch of mugs  
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 56
monkeyboy
June 18, 2022, 11:23pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +4 / -8
Approval: -167
Gold Stars: 26
You can’t forget that regime, it would like forgetting hitler and the holocaust.!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 56
Heisenberg
June 18, 2022, 11:28pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +5,100
Gold Stars: 95
Quoted from Kris2

Said star asset then got injured and barely played for us again. Bet everyone who voted for that felt like a bunch of mugs  

Yep, I’m still embarrassed by it, but he should never have given that ultimatum. A proper cnuts trick.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 56
1mickylyons
June 19, 2022, 8:11am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,388
Gold Stars: 56
Quoted from Heisenberg

Yep, I’m still embarrassed by it, but he should never have given that ultimatum. A proper cnuts trick.

Nah just a proper Fenty trick . A bullying narcissist from start to finish and so glad he’s gone. Had he a single ounce of dignity he would have handed those shares back the day 1878 took over. For those still digging at the Trust with short memories Liam Hearn was that seasons Macatee probably the best attacking player in the league and at the time I think Town were top ? Enter Fenty THE TOWN FAN😁
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 56
dapperz fun pub
June 19, 2022, 8:32am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +10,049
Gold Stars: 84
2 decades of absolute shite I detest him keep the fooking shares fenty.  The trust got it wrong but they should never have been put in that position , Parker perhaps could have done things better
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 56
aldi_01
June 19, 2022, 8:36am

Barley Wine Drinker
I’m at the point where I hope he keeps the shares, keeps them and invests them with his so called friend Mr May and he loses every penny for absolutely nothing, other than his own stupidity and greed.

He could’ve given them back and gained himself a small amount of decency and respect, instead, nothing…

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 56
Kris2
June 19, 2022, 10:50am
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from aldi_01
I’m at the point where I hope he keeps the shares, keeps them and invests them with his so called friend Mr May and he loses every penny for absolutely nothing, other than his own stupidity and greed.

He could’ve given them back and gained himself a small amount of decency and respect, instead, nothing…

What is decency and respect compared to £200k of cold, hard cash for something he never had to pay a penny for. Even with his reputation in tatters and the club against the wall he still made sure to regain all the money he put in (most of it probably not his own money anyway) and made a profit, his ego wouldn't allow less. He did finally relinquish control but he made sure to get the best possible deal before walking and only because of the position he was put in politically. Had that never been outed and pressure mounting on him, I have no doubt he'd never agree to a takeover that saw him relinquish control and everything would have fallen through again. He'd probably still be blaming the other party too.
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 56
dapperz fun pub
June 19, 2022, 10:57am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +10,049
Gold Stars: 84
Does anyone know if we’ve payed him off then ?
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 56
Macca_D
June 19, 2022, 11:08am
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Approval: -59
Gold Stars: 3
i wish pain and hurt for the rest of his life. yeah im better but i already knew that.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 56
Bogtrotter
June 19, 2022, 11:25am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +222
Gold Stars: 8
The supporters club share situation demonstrates his poor judgement; he loses nothing in the grand scheme of things if he were to gift them back and would gain a modicum of good will, but he seems incapable of making that leap for some reason.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again; I encountered him professionally when he was FSF owner and before his GTFC term. I came away with the impression he was smalltime then, and nothing subsequently has changed my opinion.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 56
supertown
June 19, 2022, 11:27am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +25 / -9
Approval: +3,470
Gold Stars: 53
Has his house sold yet ? Is he moving away from the area to start afresh ?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 56
1mickylyons
June 19, 2022, 11:33am
Special Brew Drinker
When Fenty was seen as the saviour and people were saying about the money he’d put in to save us etc . Several of us posted it was loans which he has or will get paid back in full. In real financial terms during his reign of terror the average 2.5k season ticket holders paid the way and never asked or got a penny back.
When Stockwood comes out and says every penny from ST sales will be invested in the squad I believe him. 5K or so just WOW what a war chest it gives PH and what an opportunity it gives the Club to keep moving forward.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 56
aldi_01
June 19, 2022, 11:53am

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from 1mickylyons
When Fenty was seen as the saviour and people were saying about the money he’d put in to save us etc . Several of us posted it was loans which he has or will get paid back in full. In real financial terms during his reign of terror the average 2.5k season ticket holders paid the way and never asked or got a penny back.
When Stockwood comes out and says every penny from ST sales will be invested in the squad I believe him. 5K or so just WOW what a war chest it gives PH and what an opportunity it gives the Club to keep moving forward.

What was more terrifying when you think of it is how easily people were hoodwinked by Fenty when the evidence literally exposed him as a liar…several of us maintained the same stance throughout and few followed us, then when the evidence finally became so overwhelming people finally realised.

I know there’s a few that still think he saved us and believe his nonsense, that’s their choice, sadly, you can lead a horse to water…

Fenty and his acolytes lacked anything, vision, desire, ideas, cash, effort or a genuine care. They were clueless and more importantly, Fenty lied. Lied throughout the whole thing and still believes he did nothing wrong. Clueless.

They’re gone and the club is now everything they claimed it couldn’t be. Perhaps culture and that change is a factor in our promotion at the first time of asking.

I think, for many, aside from all those things, when we saw that amazing hand painted picture that Fenty ‘won’ at a high jacked auction which became a male private swinging event between him and Mullins, just casually lent against the wall with zero care or probably highlighted how little he really thought of the club.

His new ventures will fail, it may take a while, but they will…

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 56
toontown
June 19, 2022, 12:33pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,278
Gold Stars: 70
Fenty was utterly delusional so I doubt the fact his failures have been fully exposed within 12 months by 1878 will get through to him.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 56
jamesgtfc
June 19, 2022, 1:06pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,041
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from Bogtrotter
The supporters club share situation demonstrates his poor judgement; he loses nothing in the grand scheme of things if he were to gift them back and would gain a modicum of good will, but he seems incapable of making that leap for some reason.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again; I encountered him professionally when he was FSF owner and before his GTFC term. I came away with the impression he was smalltime then, and nothing subsequently has changed my opinion.

As that guy phoned in and said on RH in the midst of the many festive statements "Fenty was a prat then and he's still a prat now."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 56
GhostDan
June 19, 2022, 1:07pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +984
Gold Stars: 12
“The club is now everything they claimed it couldn’t be”

That’s a brilliant line and absolutely flipping bang on.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 56
Tommy
June 19, 2022, 2:09pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,866
Gold Stars: 76
Did CodAlmighty ever finish the series of articles on Fenty up to the present day?

Seem to think they stopped just after our first relegation into non-league.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 56
Zmariner
June 19, 2022, 2:34pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +2,131
Gold Stars: 44
Did Fillipe ever come and join the celebrations on here. This would be the decent thing to do. Possibly I missed his messages, any real supporter cannot fail to be ecstatic at this season. I am still milking it now , it really was that good. Utm
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 56
Kris2
June 19, 2022, 2:35pm
Whiskey Drinker
The culture seems to be the biggest change at the club so far. The impression I get is that it's become a really good place to work and that bodes well for future recruitment. From the squad, coaches to the office, boardroom, chefs, kitchen staff and so on they all seem to speak highly of the club. Nothing is ever perfect but it seems to have become a much better place for everyone it takes to run a football club and players who left have nothing but good things to say about everyone working there.

In the past it often seemed negative and a lot of people had some not nice things to say about how difficult Fenty was to work with. The new regime wanted to bring in their own people and it seems like they bought in competent people on merit and not random friends and associates that put nothing into the club and have no idea how to run a football club or a business. He didn't want competent people on the board he just wanted people who wouldn't challenge him on anything. He handed out board positions to his solicitor and accountant for free and said there were there to provide expertise...I'm still not sure what their contributions actually were beyond trying to protect his bubble and going after all detractors legally.

I think this video sums up Fenty's reign, looking very proud of himself while stroking his own ego as he parades around looking proud of a rusty old fridge and how little he's spent modernising anything. Then everybody shown on camera looks super uncomfortable around him and tense. The part that kills me is the Bill Shankly memorial picture that just looks like a print out that was cut out and stuck up there. Buy a frame at least...  https://youtu.be/ZpaLKe9vFPk

Quoted from Tommy
Did CodAlmighty ever finish the series of articles on Fenty up to the present day?

Seem to think they stopped just after our first relegation into non-league.

Legal challenges from you know who probably....
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 56
1mickylyons
June 19, 2022, 2:48pm
Special Brew Drinker
It gives me great pleasure and satisfaction knowing that Fenty and his appeasers read these comments daily and now not a single damned thing he can do about it. The days of midnight wine fuelled rants are over and the turtle neck is once again consigned to yesteryear . 1878 doing things right since day one and those beastly car scratching pyro smuggling nobodies are loving it. ATAW
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 56
It Bites
June 19, 2022, 2:53pm
Champagne Drinker
Quoted from Kris2
The culture seems to be the biggest change at the club so far. The impression I get is that it's become a really good place to work and that bodes well for future recruitment. From the squad, coaches to the office, boardroom, chefs, kitchen staff and so on they all seem to speak highly of the club. Nothing is ever perfect but it seems to have become a much better place for everyone it takes to run a football club and players who left have nothing but good things to say about everyone working there.

In the past it often seemed negative and a lot of people had some not nice things to say about how difficult Fenty was to work with. The new regime wanted to bring in their own people and it seems like they bought in competent people on merit and not random friends and associates that put nothing into the club and have no idea how to run a football club or a business. He didn't want competent people on the board he just wanted people who wouldn't challenge him on anything. He handed out board positions to his solicitor and accountant for free and said there were there to provide expertise...I'm still not sure what their contributions actually were beyond trying to protect his bubble and going after all detractors legally.

I think this video sums up Fenty's reign, looking very proud of himself while stroking his own ego as he parades around looking proud of a rusty old fridge and how little he's spent modernising anything. Then everybody shown on camera looks super uncomfortable around him and tense. The part that kills me is the Bill Shankly memorial picture that just looks like a print out that was cut out and stuck up there. Buy a frame at least...  https://youtu.be/ZpaLKe9vFPk

Lovely Sexist comment about the sink . What a tool . Also the Carlsberg was built before 84 you Muppet 😂😂
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 56
Plankton
June 19, 2022, 3:39pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.25
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +1,215
Gold Stars: 38
Quoted from It Bites

Lovely Sexist comment about the sink . What a tool . Also the Carlsberg was built before 84 you Muppet 😂😂

I forgot how horrific that video is.You can tell they don't want him anywhere near them.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 56
chaos33
June 19, 2022, 4:35pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,999
Gold Stars: 362
Jesus that video is appalling. Awkward, sexist, embarrassing and just a downright cringey apology for not bothering to invest/an advert for being hopelessly out of touch.
Thank f**k those days are gone.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 56
ginnywings
June 19, 2022, 4:43pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
Can't even bring myself to watch it. I can still remember most of it from the time of it's release and I'm guessing it didn't age well.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 56
It Bites
June 19, 2022, 5:10pm
Champagne Drinker
Think Alan Partridge with no irony at all ......
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 56
Grantham_Mariner
June 19, 2022, 5:59pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +23 / -1
Approval: +3,204
Gold Stars: 51
I have been wandering......

The trust gave the shares to Fenty, and 1878 are buying them off him. So does he have to pay Capital Gains Tax on them ?  40% ?

If the football is bad you can always watch the gulls.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 56
Stockport Mariner
June 19, 2022, 6:11pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +3 / -2
Approval: +553
Gold Stars: 8
Quoted from Grantham_Mariner
I have been wandering......

The trust gave the shares to Fenty, and 1878 are buying them off him. So does he have to pay Capital Gains Tax on them ?  40% ?

Yes and the gain is added to his income and taxed at his marginal rate, so depending how much it is and what his income is, could taxed as some at 20%, some at 40% and anything above £150,000 at 45%. As he got the shares for free, presumably the gain will be on whole lot, as you say. All as I understand it and I’m not an accountant.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 56
RonMariner
June 19, 2022, 6:27pm

Special Brew Drinker
Returning those funds to the trust would at least salvage some iota of decency. If he does not do that I doubt any town fan will ever have a decent word to say about him. His reputation will forever be absolute rock bottom.

He is supposed to be a town fan at heart. The money means little to him given his wealth, and so he has an opportunity to both help the club and his legacy.

I really hope he takes it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 56
Poojah
June 19, 2022, 6:38pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,767
Gold Stars: 1,509
Quoted from It Bites

For me an equally cringeworthy video is the one from the dressing room after the Spurs cup win. What is he even doing in there? That achievement belonged to the players and staff that night, and yet he had to make himself front and centre. That is ego.

The way he finishes off, steaming in full-on David Brent style with his “what about the orange” quip has always made my skin crawl.

https://youtu.be/kxl_rgMMMTE

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 56
It Bites
June 19, 2022, 6:48pm
Champagne Drinker
Quoted from Poojah

For me an equally cringeworthy video is the one from the dressing room after the Spurs cup win. What is he even doing in there? That achievement belonged to the players and staff that night, and yet he had to make himself front and centre. That is ego.

The way he finishes off, steaming in full-on David Brent style with his “what about the orange” quip has always made my skin crawl.

https://youtu.be/kxl_rgMMMTE

It was horrific TV . A total embarrassment
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 56
It Bites
June 19, 2022, 6:50pm
Champagne Drinker
The one when we got the trophy after the Forest Green win . He is jumping about like an excited 4 year old behind the players .
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 56
aldi_01
June 19, 2022, 7:21pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from It Bites
The one when we got the trophy after the Forest Green win . He is jumping about like an excited 4 year old behind the players .

Fast forward 6 years and the players invited the owners to come and parade the trophy around, genuinely wanted them there and then the disappeared in to the background to allow the players to have their moment…

Fenty spent more time remaining us it was his club, not ours…

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 56
Kris2
June 19, 2022, 10:27pm
Whiskey Drinker
Ah yes the Wembley final... Fenty making sure to position himself in front of the camera celebrating like he'd been on the pitch and won the game himself. There is another video somewhere with the team collecting their medals and you see Fenty barge his way in and start hugging everyone he can get his hands on to draw attention, he wasn't even there beforehand he just appears as if from nowhere smelling the spotlight and then this display happened.  

https://youtu.be/Yp_g7duO_mk

Video found and timestamped for your viewing displeasure https://youtu.be/IZR7GEFyTHI?t=1075
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 56
TownSNAFU5
June 19, 2022, 10:55pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,907
Gold Stars: 42
In the video he puts his arm around all the women,  saying one is pretty,  attitudes as old as the Main Stand.

When there was a picture of the floodlights, I was  expecting him to be fixing something half way up,
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 56
promotion plaice
June 19, 2022, 11:12pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,079
Gold Stars: 200

The past is the past, let's just move on now and look forward to whatever the future brings under the new owners.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 56
Oly1987
June 20, 2022, 4:14am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,228
Gold Stars: 22
Quoted from Kris2

I feel dirty all over after watching that. 100% cringe
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 56
aldi_01
June 20, 2022, 6:23am

Barley Wine Drinker
Thing with that video, it was some relatively early on in his reign, the warning signs were there but too many bought his bullshit.

It was his club, about him. Nobody else. He didn’t want it to be anything other than his thing. We were an annoyance, a hinderance to his progress. The Alex May stuff; there was a leaping to Fenty and May’s defence. Remember the statement essentially blaming us for frightening offa convicted fraudster who was pretending to put a million quid in? Even that statement went so far as to attack fans and say we were a reason the clubs progress would stall…

I never saw anyone look comfortable around him unless you were part of the inner circle.

The embarrassing times were plentiful and again, he lacks any self awareness to realise that he looked an idiot and embarrassed himself and the club.

The spurs game, why was he even in there. Nobody invited him, again just another way for him to Willy wave and remind everyone he owned us. Wembley, another embarrassment. He even did it at Exeter that Christmas when we snatched a win after Macca had played like Buffon, there he was strolling on the pitch celebrating with the players. They looked uncomfortable and confused.

For me, these moments are equally as bad as pretending he isn’t use money that wasn’t his to purchase the club, that he didn’t manipulate the club constitution and so forth to ensure he couldn’t be challenged, equally as embarrassing as obtaining money by using blackmail and lacking any moral compass…

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 56
RonMariner
June 20, 2022, 7:49am

Special Brew Drinker
Yes, but apart from that …..oh and the relegation, oh and the other relegation, and then dropping out of the league, erm twice, ….

Jesus. Thank the lord he has gone.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 56
Son of Cod
June 20, 2022, 8:43am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +5,331
Gold Stars: 196
This quisling rat of a man has the gall to class himself as a fan despite still holding our club to ransom over his era of utter incompetence. Well, apparently it's every fan's dream to play for their club and have their supporters singing their name. So John, if you're reading this I just want you to know that while re-watching the playoff matches, I hope you swelled up with the same immense feeling of pride as I did when hearing your name all over national TV sung by every single Town fan at each of those matches. Your legacy has unfortunately been written into our club's history but thankfully the last line of that is basically...thank fuck you've gone.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 56
Kris2
June 20, 2022, 9:32am
Whiskey Drinker
I think people feeling uncomfortable and a bit confused is how I've seen most people react to Fenty in general.
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 56
aldi_01
June 20, 2022, 9:33am

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Kris2
I think people feeling uncomfortable and a bit confused is how I've seen most people react to Fenty in general.

I’ve worked with people who’ve family members who’ve worked for or with Fenty and they say the same…

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 56
Exiled in Leicester
June 20, 2022, 12:46pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Approval: +49
Gold Stars: 3
That tour of Blundell Park is appalling cringeworthy ................soooo sexist putting his arm around the girls and saying "pretty face" - I am surprised he hasnt been hauled before a tribunal . Truly awful
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 56
SouthLakesMariner
June 20, 2022, 5:48pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +944
Gold Stars: 21
Quoted from It Bites
Think Alan Partridge with no irony at all ......

A perfect summation. If it wasn’t real this would be hilarious, the sexist comments are one thing, but the hair ruffling is slightly sinister.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 56
fishboyUTM
June 20, 2022, 5:54pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +1,071
Gold Stars: 40
Quoted from TownSNAFU5
In the video he puts his arm around all the women,  saying one is pretty,  attitudes as old as the Main Stand.

When there was a picture of the floodlights, I was  expecting him to be fixing something half way up,

To be fair, that video was years old. Things like that have changed massively in even the last five years and that video is much older than that. And it isn't often I defend JF.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 56
SouthLakesMariner
June 20, 2022, 6:13pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +944
Gold Stars: 21
Quoted from fishboyUTM

To be fair, that video was years old. Things like that have changed massively in even the last five years and that video is much older than that. And it isn't often I defend JF.

But the Alan Partridge character is from the same era, it’s precisely because of such parodies and the highlighting of such behaviour over that period of time that things have changed so much.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 56
RonMariner
June 20, 2022, 10:40pm

Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from SouthLakesMariner

But the Alan Partridge character is from the same era, it’s precisely because of such parodies and the highlighting of such behaviour over that period of time that things have changed so much.

It just needed Mike Bassett to be appointed as manager to complete the picture. Everything else was already in place.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 56
forza ivano
June 21, 2022, 2:24pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,282
Quoted from RonMariner

It just needed Mike Bassett to be appointed as manager to complete the picture. Everything else was already in place.

well, we did get Russell Slade, which ended up being pretty close!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 56
6 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Fillipe , Fenty etc

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.