NorfolkImp
June 18, 2022, 4:53pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.48
Rep Score: +11 / -10
Approval: -524
Gold Stars: 11
Quoted from 1mickylyons
I have few Imps supporting friends and when asked I said in my opinion great player very exciting BUT not really a traditional Imps type player . I don’t know why but to me they have always since 70s been a strong long ball side and their fans seem to like that type of football and not sure Charlie fits that?

We’ve gone from one extreme to the other since the ‘model’ changed under Appleton. Technically as good as anyone on our day last season, but a soft touch at the back and powder puff up top …. I’m sure there is a happy medium somewhere, which hopefully Kennedy will exploit.

Paudie O’Connor appears to be a younger version of Waterfall, and we both know what a big game player he is.

Private Message
Reply: 30 - 35
Heisenberg
June 18, 2022, 4:56pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +5,115
Gold Stars: 97
Quoted from NorfolkImp

We’ve gone from one extreme to the other since the ‘model’ changed under Appleton. Technically as good as anyone on our day last season, but a soft touch at the back and powder puff up top …. I’m sure there is a happy medium somewhere, which hopefully Kennedy will exploit.

Paudie O’Connor appears to be a younger version of Waterfall, and we both know what a big game player he is.

I think Vernam will do well for you, he can be electric. Yes, a bit hit-and-miss, but I would have had him here in a flash.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 35
forza ivano
June 18, 2022, 7:14pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,282
Gold Stars: 266
Quoted from Heisenberg

I think Vernam will do well for you, he can be electric. Yes, a bit hit-and-miss, but I would have had him here in a flash.

i tend to agree, although i think it's a real 50/50 signing. will be very interested to see how it goes. thinks its unfair to say the imps are kick n rush. wasn't that the very reason appleton was brought in? i.e. to make them a 'better' team?
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 35
codcheeky
June 19, 2022, 1:04pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +1,263
Gold Stars: 31
He will be frustrating with flashes of what he could maybe do until his contract nears its end then he will be brilliant for a few games. The fact he couldn’t get in the team and we sent him to non league for a bit and then many were disappointed when he left sums him up
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 35
chaos33
June 19, 2022, 4:38pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +18,000
Gold Stars: 362
On his day, a really skilful, damaging, effective player. Just not his day that often.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 35
aldi_01
June 20, 2022, 6:33am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Vernams inability to be consistent is the reason he’s bobbed around leagues 1 and 2 and has found his way to Lincoln.

Can be great and will change games but that’ll be once every 5/6 games.

It’s a solid signing for Lincoln but given we’re not sure on what the ambition is, it’s not really a stand out, marquee signing, not for me anyway.

I’d have had him back here but if you were to compare him to Mcatee, I know which I’d prefer.

Times last season when Mcatee was seemingly quiet and then up he’d pop with a significant goal or a great assist, that jjst didn’t happen enough with Vernam.

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 35
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Vernam joins gimps

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.