It Bites
July 7, 2022, 9:19pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.46
Rep Score: +4 / -10
Approval: +2,208
Gold Stars: 266
Quoted from BPMariner
So my post is just  scandal? I just felt like making up a story then? Has anyone asked anyone in the office?

It's no one else's business is it really? Fenty and his Goons are gone and the club is moving forward. There will be bumps along the way like all busy successful businesses. I bet all football clubs aren't all sweetness and light behind the scenes
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 112
Knut Anders Fosters Voles
July 7, 2022, 9:19pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.84
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,832
Gold Stars: 555
Quoted from BPMariner
So my post is just  scandal? I just felt like making up a story then? Has anyone asked anyone in the office?

Funnily enough, I phoned the office earlier and they rhapsodised:

1. Yes
2. Yes
3. Yes - see 1 and 2
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 112
ska face
July 7, 2022, 9:22pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,780
Gold Stars: 851
Quoted from BPMariner

Think “scandal” is overdoing it a touch, wouldn’t flatter yourself. You do sound like a water-cooler gossip and office grass, and unless you work for ACAS it’s none of your business and certainly not the business of anyone on here.
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 112
Davec
July 7, 2022, 9:25pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,455
Gold Stars: 42
I would assume the staff are stressed at how busy they are with the extra workload caused by the tremendous season ticket sales etc, but I wouldn't call that morale at an all time low.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 112
marinerjase
July 7, 2022, 9:27pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +31 / -1
Approval: +2,679
Gold Stars: 147
Quoted from BPMariner

No..it’s just pathetic, pointless and a waste of time.

‘I just f*cking threw myself at it’

Mani D 23 May 2022
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 112
sonofmadeleymariner
July 7, 2022, 9:28pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.89
Rep Score: +20 / -9
Approval: +1,451
Gold Stars: 37
I mean it wouldn't suprise me if they were all a bit down, the last few week must of been manic and exhausting. Season tickets selling like hot cakes and then the same for the shirt launch.

They must be gagging for a few quiet days after all that, but to say its an all time low is probably an over exaggeration

I don't mind Roy Keane making £60,000 a week. I was making the same when I was playing. The only difference was I was printing my own - Mickey Thomas

The area you are trying to protect at corners is the goal - Chris Kamara

I once said Gazza's IQ was less than his shirt number and he asked me: What's an IQ? - George Best
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 112
Bristol Mariner
July 7, 2022, 9:38pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.25
Rep Score: +11 / -5
Approval: +2,877
Gold Stars: 79
BPMariner, are you:

1) Bald headed lover of PowerPoint?
2) Deconstructer of childrens flags?
3) Ex BP match day security guru?
4) Annogram of Filiep Noceh?

GTFC Exile, Bristol Mariners
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 112
LH
July 7, 2022, 10:04pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,604
Gold Stars: 175
Noche hasn’t posted much since it was found that he shared his IP with another username which had an email address with a real name attached to it. It isn’t him and there’ll be no further comment on that but rest assured that wind up merchants are being watched closely.
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 112
LocalLadGTFC
July 7, 2022, 10:14pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +4,328
Gold Stars: 138
My younger brother works in the ticket office, I gave him a message after seeing this and asked how his day was and how life is treating him. He says he’s loved every minute of working and every one in the office feels the exact same 👍
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 48 - 112
Offshore Mariner
July 7, 2022, 11:58pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
Approval: +34
The owners I am sure will recognise the hard work being put in not just by the playing and coaching staff but the 'whole' team within the club and will I am sure recompense them in some manner. That might not be at this moment in time due to how busy it is and not necessarily in monetary terms, bit I am sure they will.

Morale can be looked at, and monitored in several ways and doesn't necessarily mean somebody shouting it out. Certain people react in different ways to differing situations also. Any job can be difficult at times, even listening/reading to James McKeown last week about his "troubles" about finding a new club unfortunately doesn't wash with me. It's no different from being out of work in any other industry, it happens.

If the OP thinks, or has been informed of a morale issue from a person, please contact the club directly and raise the concern, the last thing we want now is negativity creeping through the door. Obviously don't mention names however as this could compound the issue!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 112
12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Morale in the GTFC office

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.