7 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 All Recommend Thread
MuddyWaters
July 7, 2022, 9:24pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,288
Gold Stars: 236
As there has been a bit of a swipe at the club on here today, I thought it worth relating my experience with the club, Debbie in particular, today.

I’m not going into detail but there was an issue regarding season tickets that I wasn’t happy about and, as a consequence, sent her an email. Within the hour, I received an email understanding my point and it was resolved with a courteous response and a promise to put right.

I don’t know what the other poster is trying to say but it’s things like this that differentiate the club from its’ previous incarnation.
Private Message
Rodley Mariner
July 7, 2022, 9:30pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,258
Gold Stars: 180
I suspect standards of customer care are far higher than they were and it's not inconceivable some people might struggle with that. It's never felt like that to me over the past year though.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 65
fishboyUTM
July 9, 2022, 9:57am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +1,071
Gold Stars: 40
To be fair, even under the previous regime I'd never had a problem with the staff on the ground so to speak. Ticket and shop office staff have always done a great job. Even John Fenty had replied quickly and extensively to my emails. Although once I actually defended him on the fishy (and I am no fan of JF )after some idiots made false accusations against him. My thanks were a phone call from Nick Dale and an indefinite ban from BP until they actually read what I had put! A thank you was in order, not a ban from BP!

I get the impression the staff now have the tools to do their jobs better. In and out of house training, upgraded technology and the right skills. I bet it's a better place to work.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 65
Theimperialcoroner
July 9, 2022, 4:23pm

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -4
Approval: +5,276
Gold Stars: 103
Quoted from fishboyUTM
To be fair, even under the previous regime I'd never had a problem with the staff on the ground so to speak. Ticket and shop office staff have always done a great job. Even John Fenty had replied quickly and extensively to my emails. Although once I actually defended him on the fishy (and I am no fan of JF )after some idiots made false accusations against him. My thanks were a phone call from Nick Dale and an indefinite ban from BP until they actually read what I had put! A thank you was in order, not a ban from BP!

I get the impression the staff now have the tools to do their jobs better. In and out of house training, upgraded technology and the right skills. I bet it's a better place to work.

A number of times Fenty said stuff to people’s face and then did just the opposite afterwards. I am certain we will not see that with the current regime.

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 65
pen penfras
July 9, 2022, 4:24pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.66
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -134
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from Theimperialcoroner

A number of times Fenty said stuff to people’s face and then did just the opposite afterwards. I am certain we will not see that with the current regime.

Yea, they'd never do anything like start a movement to protect a club's badge without fan consultation and then just change ours anyway.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 65
wigworld
July 9, 2022, 4:28pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +32 / -3
Approval: +2,080
Gold Stars: 29
Quoted from pen penfras

Yea, they'd never do anything like start a movement to protect a club's badge without fan consultation and then just change ours anyway.

After the carnage the previous regime brought on this club, is that really the best you can come up with?
No it wasn't great (although pretty minor in the scheme of things), but they acknowledged that and commited to being better at enaging with supporters over change.

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 5 - 65
Bristol Mariner
July 9, 2022, 4:30pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.25
Rep Score: +11 / -5
Approval: +2,877
Gold Stars: 79
Quoted from pen penfras

You're back. You must have to spend hours trawling to find anything to say now?...

GTFC Exile, Bristol Mariners
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 65
Rodley Mariner
July 9, 2022, 4:30pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,258
Gold Stars: 180
Quoted from pen penfras

Who put 50p in the buffoon?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 65
It Bites
July 9, 2022, 4:45pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.46
Rep Score: +4 / -10
Approval: +2,208
Gold Stars: 266
[quote=140128]

Yea, they'd never do anything like start a movement to protect a club's badge without fan consultation and then just change ours anyway.[/quote

Orrrr Bless , has mother let you out .
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 65
forza ivano
July 9, 2022, 4:53pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,282
Quoted from pen penfras

the other stuff you wrote about how brilliant it is to see a record number of season tickets sold; how amazing that sales have doubled from the figures during Fenty's yoke; how you couldn't believe that we could sell 1000 shirts in a morning, how Hurst and the team seem to be flourishing  under the new benign leadership -  all of it seems to have disappeared

perhaps you'd like to post something reflecting your happiness that the club is having, both on and off the park?  (I won't hold my breath)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 65
HertsGTFC
July 9, 2022, 4:53pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,998
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from pen penfras

🛎🔚

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 65
rancido
July 9, 2022, 4:55pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,653
Gold Stars: 101
Quoted from pen penfras

No but The Leech "deconstructed" a dangerous flag and implied that women supporters were smuggling smoke flares into the ground disguised as tampons. He also allegedly blackmailed The Trust into "gifting him " a large amount of shares that he now wants payment for. So many things to catalogue here that show him for the charlatan he is. Bit of advice - keep your head below the parapet because you will be constantly attacked whenever you try to defend him

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 65
It Bites
July 9, 2022, 5:02pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.46
Rep Score: +4 / -10
Approval: +2,208
Quoted from rancido

No but The Leech "deconstructed" a dangerous flag and implied that women supporters were smuggling smoke flares into the ground disguised as tampons. He also allegedly blackmailed The Trust into "gifting him " a large amount of shares that he now wants payment for. So many things to catalogue here that show him for the charlatan he is. Bit of advice - keep your head below the parapet because you will be constantly attacked whenever you try to defend him

Hey leave him alone I bet it's all been very taxing for our ex non chairman....................
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 65
pen penfras
July 9, 2022, 5:08pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.66
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -134
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from rancido

I'm not defending anybody. I'm saying they did exactly what somebody said they wouldn't do. Nothing to do with Fenty, and they've got lots of things right. Doesn't stop that being a member up.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 65
chaos33
July 9, 2022, 5:12pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,999
Gold Stars: 362
Have I missed somebody ‘having a swipe at the club’?

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 65
aldi_01
July 9, 2022, 5:44pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
How’s your mates tax bill? Has he pilfered enough from the club so he hasn’t got to dip in to his own pocket?

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 65
RonMariner
July 9, 2022, 5:54pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,819
Gold Stars: 226
FFS

Anything else to moan about?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 65
dapperz fun pub
July 9, 2022, 5:56pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +10,049
Gold Stars: 84
Quoted from pen penfras

I'm not defending anybody. I'm saying they did exactly what somebody said they wouldn't do. Nothing to do with Fenty, and they've got lots of things right. Doesn't stop that being a member up.

There will be mistakes along the way but nothing on the scale of the previous regime .. no more spats on here no more Monday morning rants no more de constructing flags no more bringing convicted fraudsters into the club no more playing with pear shaped balls no more falling out with local radio stations  .. we are now run by people who care more about the community and the ethics the club is run by we are GTFC and finally we have our club back and everyone one of the 13k at West Ham saw it and loved it at that final whistle
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 65
Cambs Mariner
July 9, 2022, 6:29pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +1,233
Fenty was/ is and always will be a narcissistic tw@t. He has always has had his own financial interests at heart. He told fans that the club couldn't survive without his loans. He threatened to sell our best players unless he got shares from the Trust. Anybody who dared to confront him was threatened . He needs power but without it he is nothing. He has put companies into administration because of not paying his debts. He has deprived the country of money because he hasn't paid taxes. He is the most despicable person that I have had the pleasure of meeting. Arrogance, ignorance and I am greater than thou emanates from every bone in his body.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 65
TheultimateMariner
July 9, 2022, 6:41pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +3 / -3
Approval: +429
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from pen penfras

Ah, knobhead’s back

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 65
Theimperialcoroner
July 9, 2022, 7:50pm

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -4
Approval: +5,276
Gold Stars: 103
Quoted from pen penfras

When they’ve gone round deliberately sabotaging an incredibly well meaning initiative to help the club because it doesn’t fit in with their agenda, then we can have a chat. Only a right bitter anus would do something like that wouldn’t they?

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 65
MuddyWaters
July 9, 2022, 8:40pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from chaos33
Have I missed somebody ‘having a swipe at the club’?

Obviously. There’s a thread questioning morale.
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 65
chaos33
July 9, 2022, 8:50pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,999
Gold Stars: 362
Right. Thanks. I thought that had been universally dismissed as cobblers. Like the so called ‘benefits of brexit’.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 65
BobbyCummingsTackle
July 10, 2022, 10:00am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.54
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,309
Gold Stars: 309
Quoted from chaos33
Right. Thanks. I thought that had been universally dismissed as cobblers. Like the so called ‘benefits of brexit’.

Woah there! You appear to be overlooking blue passports, crowns on beer glasses and Hoovers being marginally more powerful.

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 65
headingly_mariner
July 10, 2022, 1:01pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,394
Gold Stars: 124

Woah there! You appear to be overlooking blue passports, crowns on beer glasses and Hoovers being marginally more powerful.

You can get pound of butter now too!!! It will cost you £9 though.

intercourse metric, intercourse common sense
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 65
Limerick Mariner
July 10, 2022, 1:20pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,746
Gold Stars: 138

More suction on your Brexit Dyson I think, HQ now in Singapore...

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 65
Rick12
July 11, 2022, 6:48am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from fishboyUTM
  Even John Fenty had replied quickly and extensively to my emails. Although once I actually defended him on the fishy (and I am no fan of JF )after some idiots made false accusations against him. My thanks were a phone call from Nick Dale and an indefinite ban from BP until they actually read what I had put! A thank you was in order, not a ban from BP!

I can only go on how Fenty dealt with me as well . Iam sure he has his flaws like we all do but when I've spoken to him privately online came across as ok.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 65
toontown
July 11, 2022, 7:20am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,274
Gold Stars: 70
Quoted from Rick12
I can only go on how Fenty dealt with me as well . Iam sure he has his flaws like we all do but when I've spoken to him privately online came across as ok.

Hmmmm.... I can go on how he treated the football club, fans, media etc and conclude that he wasn't OK, to put it very mildly.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 65
Rick12
July 11, 2022, 7:27am
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from toontown

Hmmmm.... I can go on how he treated the football club, fans, media etc and conclude that he wasn't OK, to put it very mildly.
To be honest with you toontown after reading some of the stuff later on John Fenty I was saddened and surprised  to read he could of gone through better channels to appoint Rob Scott and Paul Hurst amongst other things . Hope he learns and improves from past mistakes.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 65
aldi_01
July 11, 2022, 7:52am

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Rick12

I dealt with him in professional context in a previous role and on the whole he was ok, although he did make some extremely Partridge esque comments.

Sadly, my dealings with him regarding the club and private communication was very much the opposite.

I guess the question is, in the million years it seemed Fleming was CEO, what did he do/achieve that had genuine impact? In the year Cook has been CEO how does that stack up?

Hard to judge is the point I’m really making but as a collective, there’s accountability and a plan, a plan that is constantly reviewed and adapted to suit the changing needs of the club. That has to be a breath of fresh air…

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 65
Rick12
July 11, 2022, 8:07am
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from aldi_01

I dealt with him in professional context in a previous role and on the whole he was ok, although he did make some extremely Partridge esque comments.

Sadly, my dealings with him regarding the club and private communication was very much the opposite.…
Interesting sentiments Aldi.

I've mentioned this before but I say it again from a wider perspective. Fans like you are a genuine credit to this football club. I've always admired how the likes of you and a fair few others ( I would say at least 70%) acknowledge the fact that even though some players dont have the best of ability the effort is appreciated. Players read this forum and fans opinion can affect some more than others . At the moment this applys to I feel the likes of Harry Clifton amongst others. Not that strong but a grafter.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 65
GrimPol
July 11, 2022, 8:13am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +5 / -6
Approval: -787
Gold Stars: 76
Quoted from Limerick Mariner

More suction on your Brexit Dyson I think, HQ now in Singapore...

Of course, Democracy/Sovereignty doesn't matter.
I guess some people just love being told what to do by Germans or the French, stops the need to think for yourself.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 65
jamesgtfc
July 11, 2022, 8:50am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,041
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from aldi_01

Sadly, my dealings with him regarding the club and private communication was very much the opposite.

I guess the question is, in the million years it seemed Fleming was CEO, what did he do/achieve that had genuine impact? In the year Cook has been CEO how does that stack up?

Hard to judge is the point I’m really making but as a collective, there’s accountability and a plan, a plan that is constantly reviewed and adapted to suit the changing needs of the club. That has to be a breath of fresh air…

Ian Fleming cut the grass to save a few quid. I wonder how much money that "cost saving measure" actually ended up costing us. Apart from cutting the grass for a few months and saying "Yes John" I don't actually recall him doing much.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 65
Maringer
July 11, 2022, 9:51am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,674
Gold Stars: 189
Quoted from GrimPol

Of course, Democracy/Sovereignty doesn't matter.
I guess some people just love being told what to do by Germans or the French, stops the need to think for yourself.

Ah, somebody else who still doesn't know how the EU functions and how its laws are passed. Remarkable, even after all these years.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 65
WOZOFGRIMSBY
July 11, 2022, 9:52am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,978
Gold Stars: 185
Quoted from pen penfras

It must be very demoralising for you to have to come onto here and scrape the bottom of a barrel with some very minute knit picking that has happened in the past 18months.

Maybe (allegedly) you are some sadist that relishes abuse gained from others, now that all expenses to have personal services at Nicole’s have stopped and the money not being drained out of the club or the pocket of JF (con).

I just don’t honestly get what you are trying to achieve when 99% of posters on here are firmly behind everything happening at the club.

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 65
GrimPol
July 11, 2022, 9:54am
Fine Wine Drinker
Quoted from Maringer

Ah, somebody else who still doesn't know how the EU functions and how its laws are passed. Remarkable, even after all these years.

Amazing after all these years you still think the EU is soooooooooo democratic because its got two Parliaments and three Presidents
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 65
GrimPol
July 11, 2022, 10:34am
Fine Wine Drinker
Quoted from aldi_01

I also dealt with JF on a limited professionally and socially(GTFC). He was a committed Mariners fan as was his near and distant family.
But sometimes that is not enough, as in business self-made millionaire, from selling fish in from a van to the largest wholesale fish processor in the UK you develop tunnel-vision/drive. That's why the club spent (I understand £1.2 million) all that money on a "new stadium". For that money, the Main Stand wouldn't be wood. He forgot that the main concern is the "product on the pitch", without which the club is nothing.
Good to hear the new regime answer to a new stadium "when the need arises".
When Ticket Toutes set up shop outside BP, then we will be at another level.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 65
Limerick Mariner
July 11, 2022, 10:45am
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from Maringer

The EU is shite, just less shite than

• not having access to the biggest and most lucrative single market of democratic countries in the world
    having a customs border dividing our country - that wasn't on the referendum ballot paper but it was obvious it was going to happen, save to the DUP who are really stupid and stuck their head in the sand...
    having an economy 4% smaller than it would otherwise have been meaning that most of the population, especially our young people, are worse off, save the comfortably off English pensioners whose overwhelming Brexit vote tipped the balance in the referendum result
    totally ignoring the will of the Scots and Irish in the terms of the Brexit deal
    the NHS and construction industry and other key sectors having hundreds of thousands of staff vacancies that they can't fill
    massive queues of lorries in kent
    delays on goods and materials that affect our jobs
    our kids not being able to get on a train and have a great life experience working anywhere in Europe...

apart from that it's shite.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 65
Bigdog
July 11, 2022, 12:03pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.12
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162

• not having access to the biggest and most lucrative single market of democratic countries in the world
    having a customs border dividing our country - that wasn't on the referendum ballot paper but it was obvious it was going to happen, save to the DUP who are really stupid and stuck their head in the sand...
    having an economy 4% smaller than it would otherwise have been meaning that most of the population, especially our young people, are worse off, save the comfortably off English pensioners whose overwhelming Brexit vote tipped the balance in the referendum result
    totally ignoring the will of the Scots and Irish in the terms of the Brexit deal
    the NHS and construction industry and other key sectors having hundreds of thousands of staff vacancies that they can't fill
    our kids not being able to get on a train and have a great life experience working anywhere in Europe...

Ask the farmers in Holland, Germany, Spain and Italy how the EU is going for them. Everything you listed is going on in the EU too. Not Brexit related, Just a concerted effort by the acolytes of the World Economic Forum doing their masters' bidding at every level of government across the world. That idiot Johnson is toast but he'll be replaced by another globalist on the take like Sunak or Jabbit. About time for a cross-party coalition of MPs in this country who aren't on the globalist gravy train.

Arguing about Brexit is meaningless. we have to stop the globalists at all costs or else humanity is going to suffer. Look at Sri Lanka, Kenya, etc. The assasination of Abe in Japan, a prominent anti-globalist. Ignorance will get us to a very bad place sooner rather than later, like thinking Brexit or red or blue makes a blind bit of difference when governments around the world are wilfully driving up the price of fuel and making it so much harder to produce food.

If you still think the Ukraine war was solely started because Putin is bad man, watch "Ukraine on Fire". Stop reading newspapers or watching the news. they're all corrupt.

https://rumble.com/vwxxi8-ukraine-on-fire.html

And if you've got an hour..

Who Owns The World

https://rumble.com/vn7lf5-monopoly-who-owns-the-world-must-see.html

Then make your own mind up..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 65
Toppy
July 11, 2022, 1:45pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +1 / -3
Approval: +83
Quoted from Bigdog

Ask the farmers in Holland, Germany, Spain and Italy how the EU is going for them. Everything you listed is going on in the EU too. Not Brexit related, Just a concerted effort by the acolytes of the World Economic Forum doing their masters' bidding at every level of government across the world. That idiot Johnson is toast but he'll be replaced by another globalist on the take like Sunak or Jabbit. About time for a cross-party coalition of MPs in this country who aren't on the globalist gravy train.

Arguing about Brexit is meaningless. we have to stop the globalists at all costs or else humanity is going to suffer. Look at Sri Lanka, Kenya, etc. The assasination of Abe in Japan, a prominent anti-globalist. Ignorance will get us to a very bad place sooner rather than later, like thinking Brexit or red or blue makes a blind bit of difference when governments around the world are wilfully driving up the price of fuel and making it so much harder to produce food.

If you still think the Ukraine war was solely started because Putin is bad man, watch "Ukraine on Fire". Stop reading newspapers or watching the news. they're all corrupt.

And if you've got an hour..

Who Owns The World

https://rumble.com/vn7lf5-monopoly-who-owns-the-world-must-see.html

Then make your own mind up..

Totally agree Bigdog.
Unfortunately, while the WEF and its cohorts have full control of the mainstream media, a WEF-Exit looks a long way off.

Not sure Debbie Cook can help though so perhaps this should be in a different thread
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 65
July 11, 2022, 2:09pm
Guest User
Definitely
Reply: 40 - 65
GrimPol
July 11, 2022, 2:12pm
Fine Wine Drinker

In-Out was a total country thing. We were not allowed a referendum in 1993 when EEC became to anti-democratic alliance.
Holland Ireland and France were denied their democratic rights when they voted against it.

I wish to be a Brit living in a Democracy. You wish to be...? living in an Autocracy.
Are you still hurting 'cos you lost?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 65
DB
July 11, 2022, 2:19pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.41
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,055
Gold Stars: 391
Quoted from GrimPol

In-Out was a total country thing. We were not allowed a referendum in 1993 when EEC became to anti-democratic alliance.
Holland Ireland and France were denied their democratic rights when they voted against it.

I wish to be a Brit living in a Democracy. You wish to be...? living in an Autocracy.
Are you still hurting 'cos you lost?

So what has all this to do with Debbie Cook OT. Move on and create your own thread.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 65
GrimPol
July 11, 2022, 2:23pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Quoted from DB

So what has all this to do with Debbie Cook OT. Move on and create your own thread.

Nothing, but answered others. Just read backwards.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 65
arryarryarry
July 11, 2022, 2:36pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,043
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from Maringer

Go on then, explain how the people of the UK have any say in the laws passed by the EU.
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 65
lew chaterleys lover
July 11, 2022, 2:46pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,761
Gold Stars: 237
I think it is unfair to compare say Ian Fleming with Debbie Cook because they operated in different strataspheres.

Fenty did not do collegiate at all; everything was about him and his only redeeming (but actually important) feature was his ability to control costs, mainly by doing as much as he could himself like he was a frustrated handyman.

Debbie will shine, as will all or most employees because they will feel part of the project and have specific goals and ambitions but with Fenty it must have been very different and very difficult, if rather too secure.

Everything now is chalk and cheese.
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 65
acko338
July 11, 2022, 2:54pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +44 / -6
Approval: +3,211
Gold Stars: 33
Another ruined thread by totally off subject irrelevant comments.

Come back when Debbie Cook joins the EEC, or start a non football thread !
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 65
Chrisblor
July 11, 2022, 2:56pm

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +53 / -18
Approval: +8,962
Gold Stars: 241
flipping hell it's gone properly Info Wars in here

gary jones
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 65
Limerick Mariner
July 11, 2022, 2:58pm
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from acko338
Another ruined thread by totally off subject irrelevant comments.

Come back when Debbie Cook joins the EEC, or start a non football thread !

Apologies, it started above and couldn't resist piling in...suitably chastised...

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 65
Maringer
July 11, 2022, 3:31pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from arryarryarry

Go on then, explain how the people of the UK have any say in the laws passed by the EU.

Ha ha. I see what you've done there.  

I confirm that the people of the UK don't have any say in the laws passed by the EU. We also don't have any say in the laws passed by the Chinese Politburo and I tell you, I'm fuming about it.

Those flipping Yanks are doing what they like as well. It's just so unfair.

I don't know Debbie, but I'd imagine she might have difficulty joining the EEC as she's not a nation state and it isn't 1993.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 65
Son of Cod
July 11, 2022, 3:33pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +5,331
Gold Stars: 196
Quoted from Bigdog

Isn't that the one that's a well known piece of Kremlin propaganda?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 65
Civvy at last
July 11, 2022, 3:44pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.04
Rep Score: +36 / -13
Approval: +12,208
Gold Stars: 134
Bloody Hell. No wonder there’s complaints about Debbie.
According to this thread. She’s buggered up Brexit. Made a mess of Covid. And now I find she’s publishing Kremlin propaganda and started the invasion of the Ukrain.
She must have been involved. Otherwise surely it wouldn’t be mentioned in a thread entitled DEBBIE COOK !!!!

UTM

The wife was going away for a girly weekend.
I jokingly remarked  'I don't know whether to spend it watching porn or watching football'
'you may as well spend it watching porn' she replied
That's understanding darling what makes you say that? I asked

She said 'Well you already know how to play football'  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 65
Bigdog
July 11, 2022, 4:01pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.12
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Quoted from Son of Cod

Isn't that the one that's a well known piece of Kremlin propaganda?

Instead of being spoonfed WEF propaganda, why don't you watch it and decide for yourself?

Sorry for going off topic. Must be a first on here..

The whole backroom team including DC are doing a great job, and in such a short space of time. I just hope events that are possibly going to come up in the near future aren't going to derail all of their efforts while attentions are switched to more basic needs for living rather than watching a football match..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 65
Maringer
July 11, 2022, 4:37pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Civvy at last
Bloody Hell. No wonder there’s complaints about Debbie.
According to this thread. She’s buggered up Brexit. Made a mess of Covid. And now I find she’s publishing Kremlin propaganda and started the invasion of the Ukrain.
She must have been involved. Otherwise surely it wouldn’t be mentioned in a thread entitled DEBBIE COOK !!!!

UTM

Makes a change to have a Chief Executive who is actually doing something, doesn't it!  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 65
Civvy at last
July 11, 2022, 4:39pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.04
Rep Score: +36 / -13
Approval: +12,208
Gold Stars: 134
Quoted from Maringer

Makes a change to have a Chief Executive who is actually doing something, doesn't it!  

Yeah,  but can she  cut grass ???

The wife was going away for a girly weekend.
I jokingly remarked  'I don't know whether to spend it watching porn or watching football'
'you may as well spend it watching porn' she replied
That's understanding darling what makes you say that? I asked

She said 'Well you already know how to play football'  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 65
jamesgtfc
July 11, 2022, 4:53pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,041
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from Civvy at last

Yeah,  but can she  cut grass ???

I don't think the previous incumbent could cut grass either. Did you see the state of it during the 2020/21 season?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 65
GrimPol
July 11, 2022, 6:15pm
Fine Wine Drinker
I think it is unfair to compare say Ian Fleming with Debbie Cook because they operated in different strataspheres.

Fenty did not do collegiate at all; everything was about him and his only redeeming (but actually important) feature was his ability to control costs, mainly by doing as much as he could himself like he was a frustrated handyman.

Debbie will shine, as will all or most employees because they will feel part of the project and have specific goals and ambitions but with Fenty it must have been very different and very difficult, if rather too secure.

Everything now is chalk and cheese.

JF to a T.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 65
Bristol Mariner
July 11, 2022, 6:18pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.25
Rep Score: +11 / -5
Approval: +2,877
Gold Stars: 79
Best thing Fenty did was appoint Hollowhead - meant we went down, Alex May got involved, then as they say - the rest is history!  

GTFC Exile, Bristol Mariners
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 65
heppy88
July 11, 2022, 7:33pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +11 / 0
Approval: +3,079
Gold Stars: 40
Quoted from Bigdog

Instead of being spoonfed WEF propaganda, why don't you watch it and decide for yourself?

Sorry for going off topic. Must be a first on here..

The whole backroom team including DC are doing a great job, and in such a short space of time. I just hope events that are possibly going to come up in the near future aren't going to derail all of their efforts while attentions are switched to more basic needs for living rather than watching a football match..

Unfortunately, that's a rabbit hole I found myself in. Until I realised that "if" it is true, there is fu{k all an individual can do about it . Much rather talk about Debbie than some world domination theory. Its a great time to be a mariner Bigdog, that other sh!t will only get you seriously down and angry!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 65
newarkmariner
July 11, 2022, 9:13pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +5 / -4
Approval: +751
Gold Stars: 43
every thing that is hated about the fishy by most Town fans can be seen in this 1 thread,started as a bit off praise for Debbie and exploded into a brexit/remoaner cat fight.well done pat yourselves on the back.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 65
Eastendmariner
July 11, 2022, 9:36pm
Mariners Trust Life Member
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +8 / -5
Approval: +942
Gold Stars: 22
Always found staff at the Club Helpful, even when a misunderstanding has taken place.

Dealing with the general public is never easy believe me.

Now that demand will exceed supply  understanding should be foremost

Mariner Trust Life Member  

Seen the Mariners win AWAY at 70 league Grounds

Grounds Visited 281[img][/img]

Blundell Park a Training ground for bum ref's
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 65
arryarryarry
July 12, 2022, 1:28am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,043
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from Maringer

Ha ha. I see what you've done there.  

I confirm that the people of the UK don't have any say in the laws passed by the EU. We also don't have any say in the laws passed by the Chinese Politburo and I tell you, I'm fuming about it.

Those flipping Yanks are doing what they like as well. It's just so unfair.

I don't know Debbie, but I'd imagine she might have difficulty joining the EEC as she's not a nation state and it isn't 1993.

Erm.............I meant when we were in the EU FFS.
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 65
aldi_01
July 12, 2022, 7:06am

Barley Wine Drinker
Someone made a valid point about not being to compare Debbie Cook and the much eulogised Ian Fleming and to some extent I agree but that then reignites the conversation about just how far the club has come.

My gripe with Fleming was he just sat back and seemingly allowed Fenty to do what he want, choosing to not have a spine and stand up to it or even resign and expose the truth. Oh how the club has changed.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 65
MuddyWaters
July 12, 2022, 7:30am
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from newarkmariner
every thing that is hated about the fishy by most Town fans can be seen in this 1 thread,started as a bit off praise for Debbie and exploded into a brexit/remoaner cat fight.well done pat yourselves on the back.

Do most Town fans even know about The Fishy? Is The Fishy different to other fans forums?

One thing is for sure, several posters on here got under Fenty’s skin and that was no bad thing. And, if you don’t like it, don’t read it.

Simple really.
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 65
aldi_01
July 12, 2022, 7:56am

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Do most Town fans even know about The Fishy? Is The Fishy different to other fans forums?

One thing is for sure, several posters on here got under Fenty’s skin and that was no bad thing. And, if you don’t like it, don’t read it.

Simple really.

I’d imagine a fair few have heard of the fishy, much like many have heard of Cod Almighty, although the right learning brexiteer posters on here probably swerve it.

Personally, I don’t have an issue, folk are entitled to their opinion, sometimes they’re even wrong but so be it.

I guess it’s good that people feel able to talk, even if it ends up hijacking a thread or two. For what it’s worth though, I’d imagine the politics of the clubs owners and CEO align much more with those who voted to stay in the EU and the more liberal posters…

One thing that we can all probably agree on though, I can’t see this lot handing shirts to MPs to help them climb the greasy pole in Westminster, nor can I see them allowing morons like Farage to hold court at BP…regardless of politics, those sorts of things are just best left alone…

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 65
lee65
July 12, 2022, 11:22am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +2,486
Gold Stars: 10
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Simple really.

That sounds like a Rob Scott ism  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 65
7 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Debbie Cook

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.