Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › New Player?
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense, Googlebot and 149 Guests

New Player?

This thread currently has 21,413 views. Print
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Maringer
July 15, 2022, 12:04pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,674
Gold Stars: 189
Quoted from jamesgtfc

Gallimore would be a good signing but I do find it weird that he's right footed.

Do we know he would be a good signing? He's made a dozen appearances in a team which finished rock bottom of the Football League, most of them towards the end of the season when they were as good as down (and knew it) and so were deliberately playing youngsters. If he's half the player of his Dad, he'll be a decent prospect but I'm not really sure we have the evidence that he would be a good signing right at this moment. Nothing wrong sentimentally wanting him to play for GTFC after his Dad's sterling service, of course. You'd tend to hope he'd look after himself a bit better because most players can't perform to a high standard without the correct, erm, diet and lifestyle!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 88
Son of Cod
July 15, 2022, 12:07pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +5,331
Gold Stars: 196
Quoted from Maringer

Do we know he would be a good signing? He's made a dozen appearances in a team which finished rock bottom of the Football League, most of them towards the end of the season when they were as good as down (and knew it) and so were deliberately playing youngsters. If he's half the player of his Dad, he'll be a decent prospect but I'm not really sure we have the evidence that he would be a good signing right at this moment. Nothing wrong sentimentally wanting him to play for GTFC after his Dad's sterling service, of course. You'd tend to hope he'd look after himself a bit better because most players can't perform to a high standard without the correct, erm, diet and lifestyle!

Scunny fan on one of the other forums when I asked him about the Shrimpton rumours:
"If you were to take one of our young players I would be surprised if it was Shrimpton based on the end of last season, I thought he was the worst out the young players who featured. I think Dan Galimore, another CM we have, is much better."
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 88
Maringer
July 15, 2022, 12:20pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,674
Gold Stars: 189
Much better than the worst of the young players of the worst team in the Football League might not be good enough!

Difficult for these Scunny youngsters, I suppose, as a lot are going to be thrown in at the deep end next season against some very experienced professionals. Our players still in their teens have barely made an appearance between them yet, though I'd imagine we'll see them perhaps introduced a bit more as the season progresses or, failing that, in the Chuckatrade Cup or whatever it is called these days.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 88
coddy60
July 15, 2022, 12:22pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +7 / -16
Approval: +656
Gold Stars: 13
Young Gally told me after the Clee game he would love to sign for Town.
No idea if he's any good though...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 88
acko338
July 15, 2022, 4:45pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +44 / -6
Approval: +3,211
Gold Stars: 33
Google showing this afternoon that Town have signed the 25 year old Halifax midfielder ??
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 88
BobbyCummingsTackle
July 15, 2022, 4:50pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.54
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,301
Gold Stars: 307
Quoted from Maringer
Much better than the worst of the young players of the worst team in the Football League might not be good enough!

Difficult for these Scunny youngsters, I suppose, as a lot are going to be thrown in at the deep end next season against some very experienced professionals. Our players still in their teens have barely made an appearance between them yet, though I'd imagine we'll see them perhaps introduced a bit more as the season progresses or, failing that, in the Chuckatrade Cup or whatever it is called these days.

I would fear for some youngsters being thrown in to the National League.....

A young centre half against the forward line at Woking/Solihull or a young striker against the defence at Maidenhead or Halifax. Men against boys.

That big lump at Notts Cty with the mullet would break a callow youth in half.

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 88
psgmariner
July 15, 2022, 4:52pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.69
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,480
Gold Stars: 33
INCOMING

Private Message
Reply: 76 - 88
Rodley Mariner
July 15, 2022, 4:56pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,258
Gold Stars: 178
Likely to be Green I guess?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 77 - 88
Rodley Mariner
July 15, 2022, 5:00pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,258
Gold Stars: 178
Bryn Morris signs.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 78 - 88
ScottyUTM
July 15, 2022, 5:00pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +11
Bryn Morris
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 79 - 88
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › New Player?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.